ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Restore > Road Going Go-Kart

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Nice mod, it does make the steering wheel vibrate, but that's the rally car part ahah

Hard core feel FTW :evil: - Its really not that bad for the gains ;)

nice one james, is that the one from ebay? mines still not come through :( went missing in the post apparently.....

Yea got it 4 days after i ordered it :), Is he sending you out a new one mate?

yeh he is, should be here in the next day or so apparently. looking forward to getting it fitted :)

glad you got yours sorted and was worth doing

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Well not so much of an up-date for the car but more for those that have followed the thread & would like similar work carried out to there vehicle, I have had countless Pm's asking me where they could get the work carried out or where the parts could be bought... well hopefully this will be of some help to those in the surrey area - www.jmstuning.co.uk Pm me if you have any questions :)

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
shame your so far from bristol :( good luck with it

Roughly 3 hour round trip from here to bristol, done it my self not too long ago lol, Thanks mate, We've spent alot of hours working on it all :approve: If your ever in the area drop me a Pm :)

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Very small one but had some time last week to have a play with some finishing touches to the interior

Had to get shot of the silver dial surrounds now all my other inserts are carbon fibre & being as doing the dials in carbon would be fairly difficult i decided on matt black, very happy with the result, makes the dials a touch more aggresive & even more so one off as every Clio Sport i've been in bar the cups have had silver dial surround

DSC00485.jpg

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks for the comments guys, really happy with how it turned out, really wasnt a fan of the standard silver

With regards to the task p4ers, Less than 15 minutes to remove the dash, 5 minutes to take apart the dials & drill the dial surrounds off then 15 minutes prep/painting, couple of hours to dry then put it all back together, so basically less than an hours work when you take out the paint drying time

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Well the up-dates have been abit poor lately, mainly with starting everything with JMS-Tuning which has taken up alot of time & with selling my track car, was abit gutting to move it on & think about starting to get the PH2 to spec... Untill I bought the other half a little run-around for us to use as the social driver so to speak

DSC00520.jpg

2002 172 in black, Should do the job me thinks.. that did now cause a problem as mine no longer neaded to be practical so to speak.. so the first port of call was to finish sorting all the bits n bobs i had on the list

So first up, fit braided brakes lines, havent a picture of them on but i'm sure you all know whst they look like, here were the old ones :dead:

DSC00810.jpg

Next, re-spray though the inlet manifold ( again lol )

Metalic black VHT paint, looks ace in the sun :cool:

DSC00782.jpg

Happy with that i thought the engine bay was near complete but the final chapter for the bay was the sound deadning/fibre glass that runs the bulk head, mine was looking very poor as can be seen in the bay pics.. so that came out

DSC00560.jpg

While in the bay, finally removed the lump of metal from the upper engine mount, nice bit of free power-weight

DSC00554-1.jpg

Then the little bug that had haunted me during the track car build took over..

DSC00553-1.jpg

Yep, The plan was now to get it on a diet again, even more so with a little track day action occuring next month, So i wanted a clean stripped out rear with minimal weight, so all the seat belts etc were out & i took a trip to the local Car audio shop for some light weight amp box carpet, the whole role for my car was lighter than the current half boot mat so with it being light i avoided the mdf board route like previous and just streched & glued it to the deck, the result

DSC00569-1.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

Then a quick cheeky shop on ebay resulted in a pair of silver sparco hanress's & an original boot net to finish off the action, And this is how it stands ( sorry about poor pics of this, only had the phone handy )

DSC00825.jpg

DSC00830.jpg

Roll on track day!

James

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
nice update mate!

i got myself one of them boot nets today, how did you attach it down?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
i got myself one of them boot nets today, how did you attach it down?

Look under your driver & passenger seat, Should have to loops on a bracket doing nothing, remove them & open the hole from 8mm >> 10mm & bolt to the old ISO bar points, Job done ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Only pics though!

Couple of better ones from inside

DSC00582-1.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

And a few shots of my boot net fixing points, These hooks can be found under your driver/passenger side seats, all you will need to do is open them from an 8mm >> 10mm hole & you can bolt right through them into the old ISO fix points

DSC00583.jpg

And Just plain standard on the back

DSC00584-1.jpg

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Stop doing this too me :mad:;)

I'm going to end up with no rear seats & harnesses too at this rate.....

You love it ;), Now the question is.... will you have yours ready for the track day? by ready i mean Harness's in!
lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks guys, Its such a fun car to drive again, sod practical, hardcore FTW! ( keeping my aircon & power steering though :rasp: )

BG 182 FF
just read this whole thread, what a car you have now, great great work m8. The acoustic mat you have used has made it look a lot cleaner inside too.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
James, your car is looking awesome again, love it! Some really nice updates, engine is looking sweet too!

As I was discussing with Tom recently, I'll be needing to arrange a trip over to JMS-Tuning soon. Need a few things doing, and have a couple of additions too. Hopefully, I'll be tracking it this summer too, so may need some of your top advice as well :eek:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
hardcore FTW! ( keeping my aircon & power steering though :rasp: )
Wet tbh ;)

Knew you would put your 2 pence in on my "luxury" track car sir burp :rasp:

just read this whole thread, what a car you have now, great great work m8. The acoustic mat you have used has made it look a lot cleaner inside too

Thanks mate, Hope you enjoyed the read :D

James, your car is looking awesome again, love it! Some really nice updates, engine is looking sweet too!

As I was discussing with Tom recently, I'll be needing to arrange a trip over to JMS-Tuning soon. Need a few things doing, and have a couple of additions too. Hopefully, I'll be tracking it this summer too, so may need some of your top advice as well :eek:

Thanks geezer, Shes back, And in my opion even better than the last famous Shires meet when you took shotgun in the silver rocket, got a few final touches then i think she is complete ;) ( when do these things ever really stop, Dam stumbling across fibre glass boot lids & bonnets lol )

Drop us a Pm with your ideas mate or take a trip over to our workshop & we can go through your plans ;)

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

With the track day only around the corner i have been working down the list of small to-do's so this weekend while working around other cars in the workshop was my gearbox oil

DSC00832.jpg

The Renault main dealer near me claims gearbox oil should last the life of the car.. I've drained Clio sport gearbox's with less than 40k on the clock & the oil looks far from healthy to say the least, Not ideal given the gearbox's are far from the most solid part of the 172/182's even more so if your hitting track!

200 FF Storm Grey
Love the detail you've put into this car, even things like chaning the battery to save a bit of weight I think is spot on.

It's exactly why i was a CS just so I can get stupidly geeky with all the weight saving and finer details.

ONe question though, what you've done with the rear to tidy it up... I take it with it just being carpet there's no strength to it?