ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request 172 on bilstein B14's (preferably on standard wheels) & Feedback / info

Clio 172PH2
Been searching the forum for hours, and still havent found exactly what im after.
I want a set of Bilstein Coilovers for my 172 Ph2, thinking of lowering 60mm.

Any chance of some pics and feedback, from the search results the feedback is mixed, how do you find the Bilsteins for normal every day use at 60mm, speed bumps etc any issues? Ive already got it on Eibach Sportlines but it just doesnt look as low as id like!

Also ive seen some coilovers need refurbishing after a time, is this the case with the Bilstein set?

So before i take the plunge, your feeback would be greatly appreciated...

Si

RS Clio 172
Re: Pic request 172 on bilstein B14's (preferably on standard wheels) & Feedback / in

Just buy them, you won't regret it.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Re: Pic request 172 on bilstein B14's (preferably on standard wheels) & Feedback / in

B14's dont go particularly low on the back, think the lowest they go is 40mm. Front will go down to 80-100mm afaik.

Clio 172PH2

Have you got them fitted si / Mike? If so how low have you set them?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

047.jpg

033.jpg

Image0072.jpg

Fully down at the rear, lovely bit of kit :)

Clio 172PH2

looks nice! How low is that then i take it 40mm is the lowest at the rear?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Just ask yourself why are you buying a premium set just for the lowz?? Too low = crap handling. You might as well just get some s**t gaytec coilies if all you want is slammed. You need the travel, especially where you're from;)

Dont get hung up about how many mm its lowered by, that height there was a cracking set up for fast b road.

Clio 172PH2

Yea im not overly concerned about the lowering, i just want the happy medium, currently on eibach sportlines but the handling doesnt feel 'amazing' in all fairness, what is it in the pic as that looks about the drop im after, dont want to be put in teh same category as a 'boy racer' i just want a quality drive!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2

Have you got them fitted si / Mike? If so how low have you set them?

Not yet, there sat in my bedroom waiting to go on but when i do fit them they will be going on without the rear adjuster rings on to get the rear a bit lower. Cheapest place for them is Kam Racing as far as i know, i got mine from there.

Clio 172PH2

Not yet, there sat in my bedroom waiting to go on but when i do fit them they will be going on without the rear adjuster rings on to get the rear a bit lower. Cheapest place for them is Kam Racing as far as i know, i got mine from there.

How will that affect the handling not having the adjustor rings on? How low are you gonna be going?

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2

How will that affect the handling not having the adjustor rings on? How low are you gonna be going?

It wont effect anything, just allows the rear to go a bit lower. The car in this thread has no adjuster rings on the rear http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?611345-Gazwolds-Track-172-Cup If mine doesnt go low enough with the rings out then i will get custom rear springs made.

Clio 197
Yea im not overly concerned about the lowering, i just want the happy medium, currently on eibach sportlines but the handling doesnt feel 'amazing' in all fairness, what is it in the pic as that looks about the drop im after, dont want to be put in teh same category as a 'boy racer' i just want a quality drive!

Just be aware that if your bushes etc are past their best you won't be getting the best out of your current set up