ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pioneer Sat Nav on Clio 182

Pioneers AVIC-X1R: the integrated solution for DVD navigation, traffic information, radio, MP3 CD and DVD video.

Am seriously thinking of installing the Pioneer Sat Nav system. What are your experiences of tinkering with the dashboard & opinion? Cheers.

I have a pioneer dvd touch screen unit with pretty much everything the one your thinking of buying has...Its never gone wrong in the time ive had it and would definately recommend pioneer... It fits straight into where the head unit would be though mate... The screen flips out... So there wasnt really much tinkering?

Quote: Originally posted by timsclio172 on 20 May 2005

did you have a seperate box with all the wiring that you have to mount somewhere else? if so where did you put it?

yea it does mate... with all different connections... for amp, sub, rear cameras etc... Ive wired it all behind the dash and the seperate box sits in my glove compartment. Theres a panel at the back of the glove compartment which you can take off leaving a hole.. Ive done this and run the wires through there... You also have to run a wire to your handbrake.. as driving while watching dvds is illegal. hope this is of some help?

Ive got a kenwood screen setup in mine, and Il tell ya if the pioneer is like anything then the kenwood then your gonna have fun wiring this up, because the wiring loom from the screen to the box (Brains) is about 3mtrs long so decided to wire the box all the way in the boot, but also had about 4 other cables aswell (pre-outs, aerial, screen connector and some sort of scart connector) to feed through the flooring but all in all its pretty simple just I had lots of wires to hide. Here a tip for ya all, if you wana watch the screen while driving at the same time, just connect the hand-break sensor cable anywhere on the handbrake lever (Must be metal) not the sensor and u will be able to watch the screen while watching..:)

Good luck fitting it btw...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 20 May 2005
hey not dont you need to connect it upto your speed sensor etc ?

Yep you do, luckily there just happens to be a speed pulse cable going into the standard HU anyway, its there so that when you speed up the volume increases and vice versa.

Oh and wiring the whole system up is a b**ch .. good luck ;)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by L1oyd V on 20 May 2005

did you have a seperate box with all the wiring that you have to mount somewhere else? if so where did you put it?

yea it does mate... with all different connections... for amp, sub, rear cameras etc... Ive wired it all behind the dash and the seperate box sits in my glove compartment. Theres a panel at the back of the glove compartment which you can take off leaving a hole.. Ive done this and run the wires through there... You also have to run a wire to your handbrake.. as driving while watching dvds is illegal. hope this is of some help?

you actually bothered to do that??? i just wired mine up to work all the time

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye just connect the handbrake cable to the earth of the car IIRC, I think i am capable of remembering not to watch a dvd while driving.

Yamaha R6

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 20 May 2005

On mine if you dont wire it up you cant watch it full stop.. There is a way of doing it though... Remember someone told me how but i didnt get round to it.. You have to connect it to a live or earth wire... something like that anyway.. cant really remember tbh.

Quote: Originally posted by Aust1n on 20 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 20 May 2005

On mine if you dont wire it up you cant watch it full stop.. There is a way of doing it though... Remember someone told me how but i didnt get round to it.. You have to connect it to a live or earth wire... something like that anyway.. cant really remember tbh.

yea.. its something like that I think.. Mine says !ATTENTION! Watching TV while driving is not permitted!.. lol.. B4 I hooked it upto the handbrake it would have that msg all the time.

Quote: Originally posted by tin69 on 20 May 2005
<FONT color=#a20033> Pioneers AVIC-X1R: the integrated solution for DVD navigation, traffic information, radio, MP3 CD and DVD video. <FONT color=#a20033>Am seriously thinking of installing the Pioneer Sat Nav system. What are your experiences of tinkering with the dashboard & opinion? Cheers.

i have one pm me

If your down cardiff way id quite happily fit it for ya for cheaper than youll get quoted at a car audio shop and Ive been installing car audio professionally for more than 4 years so I know what im doing!

So how much does installation cost and where? Cheapest price Ive found just for the unit is approx £1 100.

McBunny is already enjoying whats still a dream for me. Ill probably go all the way & hook up a reversing camera + powered subwoofer!

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 20 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by tin69 on 20 May 2005

<FONT color=#a20033> Pioneers AVIC-X1R: the integrated solution for DVD navigation, traffic information, radio, MP3 CD and DVD video.

<FONT color=#a20033>Am seriously thinking of installing the Pioneer Sat Nav system. What are your experiences of tinkering with the dashboard & opinion? Cheers.

i have one pm me

Sorry Everyone - posted above in error was trying to contact McBunny about how much installation costs & where coz am still drooling over the picture he posted:oops:

im thinking of selling mine its 2 months old i can help you fit it if you like too pm if your intrested or e-mail sulaco@gotadsl.co.uk