ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PlastiDip UK?

Just done the wheels on my juke. It does come out a matt black but it suits the plastic trim around the body of the car perfectly.

Really easy to apply just make sure they are clean (ie get some ironx on them)

I will upload some better pics tommorow.

296013_2517837742468_1148975177_3122170_1455722726_n.jpg

307156_2517839702517_1148975177_3122176_1768500380_n.jpg

ITB BG 182
Ok strange question, If i spray an alloy in red then mask off to do another part black, will the mask fetch off the previous colour of red?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Does it scratch or scuff easily??

I may give it a go on my spare engine cover :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Hi mates!!
how many bottles do you use for paint a single wheel?

If you read though the thread I'm pretty sure this has been covered already but I used 3-and-a-bit cans for a set of 4 wheels so less than 1 can per wheel

Clio Sport 182
Received my order of 6 cans yesterday :cool:

Gonna have a bash on my wheels on the weekend :D

How easy is it to pull off? I sprayed some on a cd case last night and couldn't get it to come off this morning. Anyone tried removing it yet?

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
sorry nick you have reason! i'm italian and isn't easy read 10pages..

thanks a lot!

Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound like a d*ck! Just meant that there's been quite a few things asked and answered already that may be of use to you that's all!

535d / t5 caravelle
is this stuff likely to scuff come off when getting new tyres fitted to your sprayed up rims?

Megane 275 trophy006
Anyone used the blue? Curious to see what shade it is

I used the blue this weekend. I can stick up some pictures if it helps?
Its quite a light blue. Not as dark as they say. My car is albi blue and I'd say the blue is closer to the racing blue.

Got to say I've used this stuff on my wheels/badges and interior pieces. It's really good stuff :)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
I used the blue this weekend. I can stick up some pictures if it helps?
Its quite a light blue. Not as dark as they say. My car is albi blue and I'd say the blue is closer to the racing blue.

Got to say I've used this stuff on my wheels/badges and interior pieces. It's really good stuff :)

Yeah that would be great mate if ya don't mind :) was hoping it would be quite light tbh so sounds ok :)

Megane 275 trophy006
No problem, here you go.
closeupdrivers.jpg

passangerside.jpg

It comes off very easily if you don't like part of it or make a mistake.
gearstickafterstripped.jpg

Forgive the general mess of the car. Sadly having been in and out of hospital, then on holiday and working shifts has meant it hasn't had a proper clean in 3 months :(

Last edited:
  Discounted 1*2 parts
Is this plastidip stuff easy to use? I.e. I'm pretty crap at spray painting - it usually ends up orange peely!

Does this always give a good finish, even with the glossy layer on top?

Clio Sport 182
Is this plastidip stuff easy to use? I.e. I'm pretty crap at spray painting - it usually ends up orange peely!

Does this always give a good finish, even with the glossy layer on top?

I'm the same :lolup: Only ever spray painted one thing in my life. Gave this a go on a cd cover to see what the finish was like and it came out pretty good with only one coat. Gonna have a bash at my badges on the weekend. Comes with instructions etc. in the packaging so looks fairly straight forward.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
My painting experience is slim to none. When I did mine it looked terrible as it went on, very uneven and rather thick. It seems to level itself out though and I found the thicker I applied it the better. I did 4 thick coats within a 2 hour period iirc and it dried and levelled fine.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
No problem, here you go.
closeupdrivers.jpg

passangerside.jpg

It comes off very easily if you don't like part of it or make a mistake.
gearstickafterstripped.jpg

Forgive the general mess of the car. Sadly having been in and out of hospital, then on holiday and working shifts has meant it hasn't had a proper clean in 3 months :(

I really like that it's a nice shade! How easy was it to use on your trim wouldn't mind doing that to mine tbh! Did ya have to remove the trim first or just mask it off?

Megane 275 trophy006
Pulled all the trim that was going to be sprayed out if the car.
Ive sprayed my badges and wheels on the car masking taped up though. Overspray is not a big deal as it wipes away with a towel or peels off.
Interior is very easy to get out in the mk3 so can't imagine it being too hard in the older models.

I'm a really bad sprayer and even i can manage this. On my badges and alloys it went on very well and as it dried flattened out. On the interior plastics it seems to have a slightly 'flocked' appearance. I actually like it that way.

BG182FF
how many cans did you use on the wheels mate for a good coverage? did u do inside the wheels too?

any pics of your wheels mate and how easy to clean are they as mine seem to cake brake dust all over my alloys now :( thanks buddy

That blue looks great!

@AKFM1 - I used just under a can a wheel and did just the fronts. Get some ironx on the wheels to clean them. I didn't have that problem though as mine were just days old but some elbow grease will get them spruced up

BG182FF
did you use the primer first mate? yeah i'll give them a damn good clean before i do it :) have you had any issues with them yet? such as cleaning them/ peeling? thanks mate

Nope I went straight on. Mine came out very levelled and matt in colour but it suits the trim on my car.

No problems with them peeling at all and its been just over a week now.

Megane 275 trophy006
AFM1
They don't peel and I've had mine on about a month if not longer. I wash them with a bucket and sponge just like I would the car then hose them off.
I did about 3-4 layers per wheel and used a little under 3 cans in total. I'd say get 4 though as it doesn't hurt to have more then you need and I have an extra can in case I need to peel one off and respray.

Here is a picture during (I sprayed on the car as time wasn't on my side) They still came out very well
57b95d66.gif

buggyclio.gif

Badges (these were sprayed with very little masking tape around them)
The back diamond was sprayed too when I removed the CLIO badge.
frontend.gif

BG182FF
tiababy, they look fantastic! love the way they look and seem to have come out really well!

thanks mate for the pictures

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone sprayed the insides of their wheels? How does it react to hot brake dust particals landing on it?

Also, Does anyone think Damper temps are likely to exceed 93degC (extra heat cunducted from the brakes). I havent got a IFR temp gun :/

Discounted 1*2 parts
Has anyone sprayed the insides of their wheels? How does it react to hot brake dust particals landing on it?

Also, Does anyone think Damper temps are likely to exceed 93degC (extra heat cunducted from the brakes). I havent got a IFR temp gun :/

I'll be doing the insides when I spray mine