ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PlastiDip UK?

Clio 172 RS2
Thinking about going my Type R wheels black. So unsure about this stuff though!

How so unsure?
Stuff works wonders...

Can always peel it off without harm/damage being done to the surface.
Use it as per instruction layer it up for coverage and within the flash-off time as to the next layer 'vulcanizing' to the previous.

Ordered some Yellow and Clear in a can, no spraycans for me!

535d / t5 caravelle
has this been tried over kerbed wheels yet? what where the results like, was the kerbing still noticable?

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
has this been tried over kerbed wheels yet? what where the results like, was the kerbing still noticable?

Mine were done over curbed wheels mate. I'm a pikey and didn't want to pay to have them refurbed ;)

Thought I'd give it a go for the cost and came out pretty decent although not sure whether you'll be able to tell from the picture...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319745535.419238.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319745573.124681.jpg

Also done front and back badges with it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319745743.637130.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319745776.488322.jpg

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Mine were done over curbed wheels mate. I'm a pikey and didn't want to pay to have them refurbed ;)

Thought I'd give it a go for the cost and came out pretty decent although not sure whether you'll be able to tell from the picture...

View attachment 65910
View attachment 65911

View attachment 65912
View attachment 65913

As per Nick really...you can only notice the kerbing if you REALLY have a look at it. This course isn't to fix the issue of kerbing, its just to make the wheel/item look better/change colour.

From a glance (as you would if you were having a quick glance at someone's wheels) you wouldn't notice the kerbing as much as you would with a standard wheel.

535d / t5 caravelle

View attachment 65910
View attachment 65911

View attachment 65912
View attachment 65913

As per Nick really...you can only notice the kerbing if you REALLY have a look at it. This course isn't to fix the issue of kerbing, its just to make the wheel/item look better/change colour.

From a glance (as you would if you were having a quick glance at someone's wheels) you wouldn't notice the kerbing as much as you would with a standard wheel.

sounds good to me chaps, just won some wheels on ebay which i intend to use for track but could do to be buffed up a bit :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Where can i get some from? And will it just paint straight over plastic with no primer or sanding back ect?

Best place is the plastidip website IIRC.

There's no need to prep other than giving the surface a good clean.

Clio Dynamique Noir
I started reading the first couple of pages then saw there were 13! So skipped to this...Im unsure about this stuff, has anyone used it yet? Any results? (Seen the alloys above ^ Anyone else?)

Any reason why this hasnt become big yet? Havent heard people raving about it yet...Apart from this thread.

Clio Sport 182
I started reading the first couple of pages then saw there were 13! So skipped to this...Im unsure about this stuff, has anyone used it yet? Any results? (Seen the alloys above ^ Anyone else?)

Any reason why this hasnt become big yet? Havent heard people raving about it yet...Apart from this thread.

Go back a few pages and there's pictures of a mk3 interior done with it, some alloys, badges etc. I've done it on my Renault badges and its great, easy to peel off if you mess it up as well. Got my mate to do his mk5 golf badges in black and another one did his toyota badges on his starlet and they were all impressed by it.

Megane 275 trophy006
i almost cried when i just seen you sprayed on the car, a mk3 too :|

You do realise the overspray comes off with a cloth right? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure people understand this isnt a proper paint. It's more like spray on vinyl wrap/cling film. It won't damage the paintwork and peels off. If you do manage to get some on a panel, damp cloth over it and presto back to normal.
I sprayed my whole handles yet they are back silver now as i changed my mind.
This stuff is completly reversible.
Stickerbombing is harder to remove then Plasti-dip (speaking from experience)

2nd Black 1.2
You do realise the overspray comes off with a cloth right? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure people understand this isnt a proper paint. It's more like spray on vinyl wrap/cling film. It won't damage the paintwork and peels off. If you do manage to get some on a panel, damp cloth over it and presto back to normal.
I sprayed my whole handles yet they are back silver now as i changed my mind.
This stuff is completly reversible.
Stickerbombing is harder to remove then Plasti-dip (speaking from experience)

really?! im ordering now!

So what kind of coverage would 1 can of this stuff do on a flat surface? I have an idea for it but don't want to spend a fortune doing it.

Golf GTD Mk7
Bonnet ;) It would probably struggle to do a bonnet with a decent depth of coverage. I'd get two cans to be safe

clio 172 cup
might do the whole clio for winter lumo yellow or something crazy got a spray booth and over spray just rubs off its perfect for winter protecting :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Anyone had tyres changed after they have sprayed their wheels with this? Wanna do mine but kinda thinking they will get owned by the tyre place when the time comes...

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
I'm thinking about getting some for the badges, maybe wheels too.

Anybody no the waiting times between coats. Is it the usual 30 minutes minimum job? ? I can't seem to see it anywhere

Works pretty well on the badges, don't need to remove them either which is handy. Did front and back diamonds with it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321388435.443310.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321388480.926876.jpg

(Excuse how dirty it is!)

I think I left 15-20 mins between coats. May not sound like long but it's touch dry within a matter of minutes!

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
That looks good quality.

I'm only doing my alloys (for now) so we'll see how it goes :)

It's alright from a distance, not brilliant close up but ok for the ease and cost. You may have seen mine at CCS, did my wheels a few days before and they came out ok. Most people I spoke to didn't have a clue they had been done with plastidip!

d5cde134-ce43-4956.jpg