ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, stubby.

Mine definitely seems to be more powerful in arrow mode. I tested it a couple of times now, when in 3 and it has that ‘not gonna touch it sound’ switch to arrow and it gets it off fine.

Before I tried the other week I’d always just left it in 3 (unless I wanted to use the low torque wind down of arrow mode). Had a bolt that wasn’t budging in 3 and for some reason just tried arrow and it came undone.

I think two modes would be enough for me, full power both ways and the arrow mode can be handy sometimes for tightening stuff you want to torque.

I'll have to try that then on mine.

Tried looking for the specs, but could only find the rpm in different modes and it's the same rpm in mode 3 and 4 in reverse.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just ordered one of these, should be ok for the occasional job on the Clio right?
9181391_R_SET.jpeg

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I had one of these until I became a man and swapped to Milkingthemanwhilsthe'swalking.

Make sure you get a 5ah battery for it, mine was dogshit with a 1.3 or 2ah.
Along with a cheap combi drill I bought a few weeks ago from Screwfix, this is the first power tool I've bought. I've never felt so manly, and now you're telling me this?! 😭

I'll definitely grab a 5ah battery then as it only comes with a 2ah in the box 👍

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
What impact sockets are everyone using? I'm struggling to see anything wrong with the Halfords Advanced ones, given that they have a lifetime warranty, but I'm open to other suggestions

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
What impact sockets are everyone using? I'm struggling to see anything wrong with the Halfords Advanced ones, given that they have a lifetime warranty, but I'm open to other suggestions
Ive got a set of facom ones that ive had for nearly 20 years vut ive also got a sealy set that i got from a rep cheap about 7 years ago 10-32mm deep and shallow with 4"extension and wobble drive will see if i can find it on google

Edit found them

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/sealey...xvwdPf3ya4e-kctSPJRoCW88QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Think the halfords stuff is hard to beat simply because of how easy it is to have it replaced. Properly abuse the s**t out of mine and they're yet to break but even the woman in halfords said just throw it back at them if it breaks and they just go get another one. Mental really but that's their policy

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Got a cheapo milwankee box and ripped out the plastic insert that's for a drill etc. Replaced it with some pluck and pull foam then slotted in my grinder and stubby impact.

Saves me throwing them into my toolbox and makes storage easier. Still need to glue down the foam so it keeps shape better but does as intended! Will need more boxes if I get more tools 🙄😂

20211104_191116.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Never really consider power tools being any different between the brands - but how wrong was I?

Had a bobby-basic Draper drill/screwdriver that has been great with flat-pack stuff, but not much else. Did a bit of DIY work last week that including drilling into walls and borrowed a Milwaukee set from a builder friend of ours. Wow - made absolute light work of the job at hand and the quality of the attachments and settings over what I have was really obvious.

Then again, it probably cost ten times as much :p

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Not fishing for Kyle or Dan again but a lot of people overlook the consumables. They're like the tyres of power tools.

Most cheaper tools are used with cheaper bits hence the s**t performance, whilst those with nicer gear use nicer consumables and get double boost of quality.

A cheap tool can be effective if used with quality consumables, like an expensive tool can be s**t with an cheap old blunt drill bit.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
still, gotta be better than the 80nm max 'torque wrench' my dad bought for us to use.....

Ive done the maths. I fart with more torque than that thing produces.