ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex Dogbone - Arghhhhhhh!

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Hi, I fitted one of these today and my god, I would rather have the knocking that was happening before.

The vibrations at idle is unbearable, glovebox rattling, rear view mirror shaking like mad!!
Blip the throttle and it's fine, 2 secs after sitting at idle it starts vibrating like f**k again!
Soon as Mondays here it's getting ripped off and OEM part fitted.

That aside, Kam Racing are quick and effective to buy from, So thumbs up from me!

Cheers.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Is it possible to fit it wrong? You put the rubbers in, line up the holes then tighten it up after pulling the engine forward a bit? In comparison , mines vibrates so harsh, My moobs jiggle!

CS Dungeon
Fitted mine last week and no vibrations at all, its been a great upgrade and i'm more then happy with mine and the service from Kam too

RS RIP
Is it possible to fit it wrong? You put the rubbers in, line up the holes then tighten it up after pulling the engine forward a bit? In comparison , mines vibrates so harsh, My moobs jiggle!

You may have fitted the two rubbers in the front (connecting to the engine) the wrong way round. The shorter one should be the top, the bigger at the bottom ?

williams 2,seat leon
i got one of these for the willy turbo, same thing, felt like i was in a blender. lasted an hour on mine before i took it off. i have been told it will settle down in a couple of weeks, but dont think i can be bothered to try it again. i did think of drilling a few holes in it to give it a little movement, but what the point in upgrading it if i do that.

williams 2,seat leon
i have a new main mount, 4th front mount and new gear box mount, so i just think the powerflex one is to harsh imo

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Franx Got it in one. I did put the big one to the top...I seen a picture on here of one fitted and assumed thats the right way. Thanks very much , I'll change it today.

Clio 172mk2
which did you order, me and some one else on here ordered at 13:00 roughly and it was despatched same day, cant fault em myself

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Are you having a f**king laugh? I've been waiting for over a month for mine. All I keep getting is "delivery is coming in wednesday" etc

I ordered at 2am Wednesday Morning and they were here Friday lunchtime.

RS RIP
Franx Got it in one. I did put the big one to the top...I seen a picture on here of one fitted and assumed thats the right way. Thanks very much , I'll change it today.

You're welcome !
... to be clear, the small one goes on top ; meaning this one touches the car + the big one towards the ground :approve: This way the "pull" on that bolt is also less stressfull because you're moving the leaver up towards the mounting to the box= stronger.

And yeah mine vibrated too, def. not as bad as you described, but it's gotten a lot less over a couple of weeks

CS Dungeon
Ordered mine from Kam 2 weeks ago and it arrived on my door step within 36hrs......great service if you ask me!

Sprint 172
Most of them i have seen have been fitted like this (although this one didn't have the washers, oops). Is this not right then?
P1446_30-01-10.jpg

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
You're welcome !
... to be clear, the small one goes on top ; meaning this one touches the car + the big one towards the ground :approve: This way the "pull" on that bolt is also less stressfull because you're moving the leaver up towards the mounting to the box= stronger.

And yeah mine vibrated too, def. not as bad as you described, but it's gotten a lot less over a couple of weeks

Changed it today and done it the way you described! Much better, Still slight vibration but hopefully, like you said, It'll die down a bit as the rubber softens. Thanks again!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
WTF i'm running like that^ since october las year! will go remount asap !

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
the ph2 dogbone engine mounts we sell for £29.82 + postage.
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...-renault-clio-mk2-2-0-rs-172-182-phase-2.html

we sell the ph1 standard dogbone mount for £29.82 + postage, and our exclusive harder mount for 41.63 + postage.
Standard mount
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...ount-renault-clio-mk2-2-0-rs-172-phase-1.html

Exclusive stiffer mount
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...-2-0-rs-172-phase-1-kam-racing-exclusive.html

They are all in stock and get shipped out the same day as orders come in.

Last edited:
  172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Are you having a f**king laugh? I've been waiting for over a month for mine. All I keep getting is "delivery is coming in wednesday" etc

Appologies for the delay with the ph1 mount. They have just arrived so we will ship it out via UPS on a next day service so that it will arrive tomorrow

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover

Fitted mine the other day and it seems fine and its like it is in the pic can someone clear this up as to my way of thinking the thicker rubber should be against the box :S

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Fitted mine the other day and it seems fine and its like it is in the pic can someone clear this up as to my way of thinking the thicker rubber should be against the box :S

Nope, the thicker one goes under. i had it against the box and it was litterally vibrating hard enough to make my disc changer skip and couldnt see in the rear view mirror from it shaking.

172DD Cup
cheers all, i've got one of these to fit this weekend. i was gonna go big bit up top too, but now i shan't. i guess the big washers go on the gearbox end and not the subframe end?

is it just me or is that one in the pic completely shafted??

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
cheers all, i've got one of these to fit this weekend. i was gonna go big bit up top too, but now i shan't. i guess the big washers go on the gearbox end and not the subframe end?

is it just me or is that one in the pic completely shafted??

Yep, i fitted the big bit up and it was horrible.

Yeah, washers go above the mount between gearbox and between the nut and mount on the same side.

And yeah, that one is gobbly gooked.

Clio RS 182
hmmm, sorry for bumping but after searching through the epic amount of threads regarding the POWERFLEX DOG BONE MOUNTS, I still am not confident on which way around these are suppose to be fitted!

Is there anyone who actually knows or is everyone just guessing?

172DD Cup
hi mate, i fitted one of these at the weekend to my ph2.

in the pack you get:
2 big bushes
2 small bushes
2 metal collars
2 washers
some lube

start with the subframe end of the dogbone. once you have the dogbone in your hand and the bush removed, you have to pull that weird collar thing out as well. then you can squeeze the two large bushes in with the metal collar with the SMALL hole.

now onto the gearbox end of the dogbone. lose the old bush, then fit the two new small bushes. the smaller of the bush goes on top, the bigger bush on the bottom, then fit the collar with the large hole. once they're in the dogbone, you can refit. the washers go either side of the bush at the gearbox end.

hope this helps :)

Clio RS 182
hi mate, i fitted one of these at the weekend to my ph2.

in the pack you get:
2 big bushes
2 small bushes
2 metal collars
2 washers
some lube

start with the subframe end of the dogbone. once you have the dogbone in your hand and the bush removed, you have to pull that weird collar thing out as well. then you can squeeze the two large bushes in with the metal collar with the SMALL hole.

now onto the gearbox end of the dogbone. lose the old bush, then fit the two new small bushes. the smaller of the bush goes on top, the bigger bush on the bottom, then fit the collar with the large hole. once they're in the dogbone, you can refit. the washers go either side of the bush at the gearbox end.

hope this helps :)

Cheers for that mate.

Whats confusing me is that on all the other threads i've looked through people have been saying the bigger bush needs to go on the top :S

172DD Cup
nah, big bush at the bottom. the reason behind it is that if the big bush goes on top, there's a longer gap between the metal of the dogbone and the metal of the gearbox, thus more room for flexing.

even though my bush is new, i only get slightly more of a rumble on idle, and don't notice it when i'm driving, apart from the much tighter gear shift of course :)

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
you have to get the washers, otherwise the bushes are prone to snap. contact the sellers or make some custom ones