ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project clean 182 *Liquid Yellow inside*

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
So picked the 182 up on Saturday from Cardiff and drove it back, really fell in love with the car on the way back, really smooth to drive and extremely comfy on the motorway, on cruise control at about 65-70mph all the way and averaged 41mpg which is brilliant for the engine size and really shocked me as my audi on a run like that would be about 36-38mpg as it had no cruise control.

Noticed a whirring noise coming from the rear over 70mph so ordered some new rear disks with the bearings built in and some front + rear pads and front Brembo HC disks to be fitted this weekend, should improve the braking as its a bit shocking at the moment due to worn disks.

Car is currently sat on GAZ coilovers but the rear shocks need a refurb and I want a decent set of coilovers as the GAZ are very crashy and not really very nice to drive on so ordered a set of FK Konigsports (after reading loads of threads on here about them) today from Venom Motorsport and should be on the car next Friday.

When these arrive the GAZ one's will be being sold on the forum if anyone is interested, rear shock just needs a refurb.

Also went on the streamline carbon site and ordered some replacement carbon thumb grips to replace the worn out rubber ones, should be arriving in 2-3 weeks.

Silvervisions arrived today so took about 8 seconds to fit them and cant believe how much better the front of the car looks from such a small modification!

Old bulbs

180795a6.jpg

0265d945.jpg

silvervisions in

405de3d3.jpg

nice engine bay shot whilst i was there (K-Tec strut brace will be for sale soon if anyone is interested)

has a streamline carbon engine cover, forge intake hose, k-tec strut brace, ITG panel filter and Aluminium battery cover.

4c89345b.jpg

nice shot of it on my drive

4ecf2faa.jpg

Idea of this car is to keep it clean and do nice modifications that make it drive better day to day and on the odd track day, no massive stickers or crazy lows just nice clean looking and simple modifications.

Seat cover came through the post today as well as i train MMA 5 days a week so the seat gets a bit sweaty on the way home so bought a waterproof washable seat cover for the driver side.

This will be updated regularly as I update the car.

Cheers

Lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
yeh i was looking at these but what size do i need or have you got a link for one?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
erm i don't have a link but you can get the correct size from on here somewhere, 520mm x 90mm i think need to look more into or you could just measure the recess in your bumper ;)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Didn't think of that! its late and im tiered haha

Tyres are going from budgets to T1Rs on saturday as well now

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
how do you know it's from Essex?

these turned up yesterday :cool:

Brembo HC front disks, genuine Renault rear disks and bearings and genuine Renault front and rear pads.

18d054c4.jpg

New Toyo T1Rs being fitted all round this morning and brakes being fitted tomorrow, coilovers should be here Wednesday and maybe get them fitted before I go Tunisia on Friday fingers crossed.

One thing I have noticed is there is a slight knocking on full right lock when I reverse off my drive, anyone know what this could be?

Thanks

Lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Cheers!

And yeh the Audi is gone, luckily the company I work for does all of Audi marketing do managed to pull a few strings and pay a small fee to hand it back which is good.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Tyres replaced this morning with some new Toyo T1Rs and the car handles much better, can still tell it's a bit shaky due to the failed rear shock absorbers but Konigsports should be here by Wednesday fingers crossed.

Also bought a short ariel to tidy it up a tad.

Lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Had the brakes done today which turns out it had EBC red stuff pads on the front and very worn disk both front and rear and also some pretty goosed rear bearings so had them all replaced, still bedding them in but they se much better.

All worn out grooved disks

704d3ed8.jpg

Shiny new brembo fronts

21243519.jpg

Also fitted a stubby Richbrook Ariel to smarten the overall look of the car

5bcd72a1.jpg

59f927c7.jpg

Whole car
96db9a7b.jpg

fb5d3718.jpg

Coilovers should be here Wednesday so looking forward to making the front higher as it scrubs and sorting the handling out

Thanks

Lynden

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking nice Lynden. After detailing one last week you can appreciate that colour so muhc, it's stunning. Sadly i'm not sure it's worth the hassle of the attention it would probably get.

Wheels look way too dark though, either gloss Black or standard for me.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
love the car,

Although id have a lot more time for ypu on here if you stopped just blatently making stuff up. You dont need to :)

Enjoy.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
FFS my Konigsports came today and I've just been told they won't fit as my car is cup packed!! Pretty pissed off that the guy at Venom didn't mention this so driving to Venom in the morning (they are only about 15 miles away) to return them and get some Spax ones from Danny on here.

picture of them anyway.

bafa227f.jpg

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
It's stupid! The massive problem is is that I go on holiday for a week on Friday and my MOT is due on the 25th so I'm hoping Danny has a set in stock so he can send them out ASAP so i can get them fitted as soon as I come back but now i have to drive to Preston to return them and I'm hoping because I'm returning them to the shop they will just refund it straight to my account.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
thanks dude, i smile everytime i see the colour of it.

very tempted to return the coilovers and go for standard cup shocks with eibach sportline springs

will save about 360 doing it as well

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Just spoke to Renault Stockport and ordered Cup shocks all round for a nice £230 so can't really complain against the £660 for the coilovers, just about to set off to Preston to return these coilovers also going to order a set of eibach sport lines

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Just spoke to Renault Stockport and ordered Cup shocks all round for a nice £230 so can't really complain against the £660 for the coilovers, just about to set off to Preston to return these coilovers also going to order a set of eibach sport lines

was selling mine at the weekend for £150 :quiet: (cup packed dampers and eibach sportlines)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Picked up the Eibach sport lines from Demon Tweeks today and ordered the cup shocks this morning from Renault so picking them up in the morning and dropping my car off Friday morning for a week whilst I'm in Tunisia to get it all fitted.

Shame about the coilovers as they were so well made!

Picture of them anyway

bafa227f.jpg

a35d081d.jpg

16966098.jpg

Lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I don't want lows......

I want it to handle well.

And it's cup packed so not many coilovers fit it

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah yeah yeah - all this handling rubbish is all well and good but it's the serious lowz tat get da ladies wet.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Haha it's low now and it scrubs when going round a roundabout or over a speed bump and it's annoying, all about OEM looks!

And I want to keep it looking clean and smart not low and cluttered

DvG

LY 182 FF
Dont suppose you'd be selling the coilovers that are currently on it when your replace them mate?
I'm after a set for my cup.
Cheers

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I am mate yeh, will inbox you when I'm back from Tunisia, they wi be off the car on Saturday