ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Punto GT Vs 172/182

clio 172 cup

maybe it didnt have 210 bhp i was a bit sus after i raced him because i expected him to nail me he said he missed a gear so we went again and same happened i left him. im not saying my car would beat a 210 bhp gt or a 170 bhp for that matter just telling you what happened he said it had 210 bhp he was a nice lad too

this is a funny post, 172/182 drivers get so defensive over another car that can beat them! wow wee, deal with it. a 170bhp punto would leave u in a straight line as its lighter and has more torque. simple.

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 20 June 2005
Not being funny but get with the programme - Renault arent exactly the best made cars in the world now are they.Theres people on here with BRAND spanking new 182s that go wrong. 172s that randomly catch fire. Wont even get started on mk1s. How you can you say Fiats are bad when you all drive something built by the French. The people that annoy us by being too close and moaning all the time.My mates Punto has been running 18psi on standard internals, injectors - not even mapped it. Makes 165bhp and has been fine for over 2 years.Find me a Clio that hasnt had something go tits up for over 2 years.

Change the record ffs, If you hate clios that much why are you on a clio forum?

VaVa

An I quote;

"Apparently a human ejaculation travels at 120 MPH and accelerates down your bellend faster than a 303 bullet leaves a lee enfield rifle. Now that may be true, but doesnt mean i want to drive around town in a lump of jizzum.

These people that will drive anything as long as its fast. These are the same people who wonder why they never get girls and continually get passed over for promotion by colin the janitor at work. "

:p

Quote: Originally posted by PuntoboyGT on 20 June 2005

Who the hell do you think you are Lloyd v? A local boy are we? I see plenty of, as you put it, "chavved" up Clios around here.

And you’re wrong. My car HAS NEVER BEEN a 1.2.

Yes I did start off with a small engine, insurance was cheap and running costs were low, and so what if I have a body kit etc...

And just because I drive a kitted car I am a chav? How very small minded.

I guess I’ll have to go off and slit my wrists now someone has called me a chav, boo hooo :(

anywhooo...

1. You see chavved up clios.. whats your point? mine isnt one?.. super comment gumpy.

2. Ok.. for verification it wasnt a 1.2.. it was a 1.1 or 1.0 right? :p Thing is im not joking.. im right arent I? Pushed yourself into that one.

3. I have never ever.. stated that you are a chav.. I SAID your car is CHAVVED up.. and it is.. You should have gone to specsavers.. they do a 2 for one and 3 for 2 deal every once in a while, so keep an eye out.

4. Therefore there is no need to slit your wrists.. but feel free to give yourself a giant b**ch slap for making such a long stupid post without any relevant point.

5. I do believe the term is owned.. now scuttle along back to your forum... and dont let the big clio sport door knock you on your ass on the way out.. toodle pip. :p

Yaris Hybrid

Ive heard all this big talk about tuned up Punto GTs from a couple of owners I have known. On private roads though they proved to be nothing worth bothering about. You just get a lot pub talk out of these guys.

Punto GT owners are similar to the Jap boys in that they tend to have this philosphy of taking a w**k car that wouldnt beat anything, tuning the feck out of it then comparing it with bog standard car x - totally ignoring the fact that if the owners of bog standard car x wasted as much time and money on tuning as they did it would be back to square one.

Even if they do tune it to silly levels the car is still a joke. Like the guy on Top Gear many years ago with the MG Montego Turbo that could supposedly do a standard quarter in 12 seconds or something ridiculously quick like that. The guy probably thought it was great but everyone else was just laughing at the novelty but not taking it seriously. Its a crap car that goes really fast, amusing but the novelty wears off. Whilst we are on the subject....a Punto GT is slower than a Maestro Turbo and a tuned Punto GT is slower than a tuned Maestro Turbo. What more can you say?

Remapped derv Golf

Like I say if the Punto GT wasnt turbo charged we wouldnt even be having this thread! It would fall into the Corsa Sport, Zetec-S or VTR area!

Pretty much any turbo car can became pretty tasty once tuned! Even that 3 pot Daihatsu Charade Gtti thing can be pretty nippy. Or the Nissan Micra Super Turbo 1.0 - Fast as a VTS or Valver!

Fiat Punto GT

Quote: Originally posted by Lloyd v on 21 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by PuntoboyGT on 20 June 2005 Who the hell do you think you are Lloyd v? A local boy are we? I see plenty of, as you put it, "chavved" up Clios around here.

And you’re wrong. My car HAS NEVER BEEN a 1.2.

Yes I did start off with a small engine, insurance was cheap and running costs were low, and so what if I have a body kit etc...

And just because I drive a kitted car I am a chav? How very small minded.

I guess I’ll have to go off and slit my wrists now someone has called me a chav, boo hooo :(

anywhooo...
[/QUOTE]1. You see chavved up clios.. whats your point? mine isnt one?.. super comment gumpy.

2. Ok.. for verification it wasnt a 1.2.. it was a 1.1 or 1.0 right? :p Thing is im not joking.. im right arent I? Pushed yourself into that one.

3. I have never ever.. stated that you are a chav.. I SAID your car is CHAVVED up.. and it is.. You should have gone to specsavers.. they do a 2 for one and 3 for 2 deal every once in a while, so keep an eye out.

4. Therefore there is no need to slit your wrists.. but feel free to give yourself a giant b**ch slap for making such a long stupid post without any relevant point.

5. I do believe the term is owned.. now scuttle along back to your forum... and dont let the big clio sport door knock you on your ass on the way out.. toodle pip. :p

so i have a bodykit? big deal.

you owned me? i think not somehow. you just want to make yourself feel very big infront of all your clio chums.

at what point did i say the Punto GT was quicker than a 172/182? i didnt.

and the point my car was a 1.1 is what? everyone starts somewhere. and now i have put th hard work in to turning it into a Punto GT. i still fail to see how my previous engine has anything to do with this post.

[Edited by PuntoboyGT on 6/21/2005 9:32:40 AM]

Quote: Originally posted by PuntoboyGT on 21 June 2005

you owned me? i think not somehow. you just want to make yourself feel very big infront of all your clio chums.

and the point my car was a 1.1 is what? everyone starts somewhere. and now i have put th hard work in to turning it into a Punto GT. i still fail to see how my previous engine has anything to do with this post.

Mate.. Another nonsense post…

LOL. Where in the entire previous comment did I state that you said a Punto GT was quicker than a 182? Re-read it.. And show me.. Because I cant see it. :p

I’m not denying they are quick cars when tuned.. My friends running 170 bhp in one, tbh I’m not sure whats quicker…Hence why I’m arranging a trackday with him.

Unfortunately for you I have this maybe biased view that body kitted ott cars are chav… especially when a little engine is sitting under the hood of one, (to my knowledge was still the case with yours) & belong in no other magazine except for the likes of max power, and other.. ‘Chav Britain Magazines‘.. So.. Have you even read my original comment?.. Because it would make my point a lot clearer to you… and you wouldn’t keep persistently asking me what it was… Someone on here posted saying PSC was full of chavs.. I said I know of a local geeky fella on there with a chaved up 1.2... that’s my point.. END OF. Deal with it.

Stop making these moronic posts… They have no relevance to my original comment..

Fiat Punto GT

Quote: Originally posted by Lloyd v on 21 June 2005

Mate.. Another nonsense post…

LOL. Where in the entire previous comment did I state that you said a Punto GT was quicker than a 182? Re-read it.. And show me.. Because I cant see it. :p

I’m not denying they are quick cars when tuned.. My friends running 170 bhp in one, tbh I’m not sure whats quicker…Hence why I’m arranging a trackday with him.

Unfortunately for you I have this maybe biased view that body kitted ott cars are chav… especially when a little engine is sitting under the hood of one, (to my knowledge was still the case with yours) & belong in no other magazine except for the likes of max power, and other.. ‘Chav Britain Magazines‘.. So.. Have you even read my original comment?.. Because it would make my point a lot clearer to you… and you wouldn’t keep persistently asking me what it was… Someone on here posted saying PSC was full of chavs.. I said I know of a local geeky fella on there with a chaved up 1.2... that’s my point.. END OF. Deal with it.

Stop making these moronic posts… They have no relevance to my original comment..
[/QUOTE]

my point was that there was no reason to mention me.

this post is about how fast the Clio 172/182 is compared to the Punto GT, not to how "chavvy" a certain car is.

im quite capable of reading thank you very much, and dont take kindly to being looked down on.

and i wasnt asking about your first point, i was reffering to the points you made thereafter in reference to my car.

i think you should read my posts again.

its and unfortunate situation that as car become older the drop in price thus enabling youger people to own them. ive seen just as many "i raced a such abd such car and whooped his arse" posts on here in the day ive been a member as i have on PSC. totally pointless posts but still. the only way you can truely tell is during a proper race on say a 1/4mile.

everyone know Punto GTs handle like wet sponges. take a GT to a light bend and it will want to topple over.

as for 172/182s i would know, been out in my mates 172 a few times and it seemed pretty stable to me, and quite quick aswell made better with the few engine mods he has done.

Titanium 182

this threads just got daft

stop moaning everyone!

its only a car forum

i like clios, i loved my clio

im not so keen on puntos but the gt is a great car if looked after and tuned well, i loved my gt!

LOL at this whole thread. Fast slow or whatever, I wouldnt personally own a Punto of any description unless it handled well.

Standard for standard, the Cliosports will OWN a Punto GT at all disciplines, which is surely the only thing that needs to come out of this thread? Granted, blown motors are cheaper to tune than N/A units, but thats about where the talk of mods should end. Did I tell anyone about the 900bhp FSO Polonez? OWNZ DA CLIOZ & DA PUNTOZ INIT CLART!

my point was that there was no reason to mention me.

this post is about how fast the Clio 172/182 is compared to the Punto GT, not to how "chavvy" a certain car is.

im quite capable of reading thank you very much, and dont take kindly to being looked down on.

and i wasnt asking about your first point, i was reffering to the points you made thereafter in reference to my car.

i think you should read my posts again.

its and unfortunate situation that as car become older the drop in price thus enabling youger people to own them. ive seen just as many "i raced a such abd such car and whooped his arse" posts on here in the day ive been a member as i have on PSC. totally pointless posts but still. the only way you can truely tell is during a proper race on say a 1/4mile.

everyone know Punto GTs handle like wet sponges. take a GT to a light bend and it will want to topple over.

as for 172/182s i would know, been out in my mates 172 a few times and it seemed pretty stable to me, and quite quick aswell made better with the few engine mods he has done.

The PSC forum was immediately brought up when this topic was created. My mention of you was therefore on topic. It wasnt in its original state malicious, and was only a brief comment in support of another users view of the PSC forum.. rant over.

Will you lot stop acting like this is remotely important.

Chill Out.

I know that the puntos are Rapid if they have been molested. I know for sure that A 172 would own one on track unless the Punto had had some SERIOUS cash on it. Thats about it. Punto could own a 172 in a straight line if it was tuned to the nines. Oh, and you have to be able to drive :)

/y0z

Fiat Punto GT

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 21 June 2005

Chill Out.

I know that the puntos are Rapid if they have been molested. I know for sure that A 172 would own one on track unless the Punto had had some SERIOUS cash on it. Thats about it. Punto could own a 172 in a straight line if it was tuned to the nines. Oh, and you have to be able to drive :)

/y0z

first sensible reply i have read.

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 21 June 2005

Chill Out.

/y0z

first sensible reply i have read.

First thing weve agreed on too..

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 21 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Homer on 21 June 2005

and not as fast

*packs up Homers fishing rod, bait and lunch and asks him to move to another river*
*Homer picks up rod, smacks loony in the mouth with it and pushes him in the river*

what planet are you on. Am i not entitled to my own opinion ?

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 21 June 2005

and not as fast

*packs up Homers fishing rod, bait and lunch and asks him to move to another river*
*Homer picks up rod, smacks loony in the mouth with it and pushes him in the river*

what planet are you on. Am i not entitled to my own opinion ?

Entitled to it but a high percentage of your posts are designed to do nothing more than get a reaction. :sleep: Must get myself down the broken record shop and buy something.