ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing blue 182 and 172 Cup - Ashton-under-Lyne

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The RB 182 certainly was putting its foot down on the dual carriageway. I was a good 100 yards behind behind but couldn't get closer due to traffic.

Gave the 172 Cup driver the thumbs up and got the nod back in response on the other side of the road. :cool:

Either off here?

D.

clio 172 cup 2003
im the cup driver you saw today,been all over today.Live in ashton not far away. I`ve developed the 4000rpm exhaust rattle on my travels. Mines completely standard but for green stuff front pads but a stainless system sounds a good idea.Know of anywhere local? I`ve heard yozzasport do a stealth but i dont want any noisy big bore s**t

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^ - hi m8!

I'm from Ashton originally - and was over there today and just on my way back home. Mine's standard too, apart from the ITG panel filter.

Not too sure about a reputable exhaust place around A-U-L. I did have a straight-through pipe put on my PGGT before the 182 at a place over in Rochdale and they did a decent job - hid it behind the rear valance like I asked too.

Have you been on any north-west meets yet?

D.

clio 172 cup 2003
Not been on any meets yet,i`m faily new to the forum.Did the panel filter give you any gains? Not into mods but would be interested in discreet tweaks if i see any gains.Nice motor you have!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not been on any meets yet,i`m faily new to the forum.Did the panel filter give you any gains? Not into mods but would be interested in discreet tweaks if i see any gains.Nice motor you have!

Cheers Carl - your's looked shiny - had it just had a clean???

To be honest, the I've found the ITG filter to make no obvious difference in terms of the way the car drives. It does however, have a nice intake 'whistle' noise when you're in the fun-zone beyond 5,000rpm.

Good thing about the lack of mods. A specific hardcore model like the 172 Cup will always attract a premium if un-modded when you come to sell it.

We're off down to Oulton Park for the BTCC on the 23rd & 24th of this month - camping out overnight. In our group alone, there will be a 172, 182 a couple of Clio V6's and maybe a Monaro and Mitsu 3000GT - if you fancy tagging along?

Shindig - you're not wrong there, m8!

D.

clio 172 cup 2003
Thanks for the offer! Only most of my weekends are spoken for (single Dad).Pricing up a new centre section Tomorrow,or should i just get the lot done? Its only done 22k!