ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue: Fitted Carbon Splitter and Refurbed Wheels

Chocolate Bar™
fapping gorgeous, get those badges fitted!

i tried them out 2day, but im still leaning towards these ones as they match the wheels, next time i see yer i will put one on each side so you can help me decide lol, let me know when your about as well and i will drop off your F1

bloody typical, you annoy me for them for ages then dont even fit em, they were perfect too! I'm off all weekend so maybe sometime then?

172 Cup
That looks amazing. Loving the 2.0 16v badges, those are the best I've seen. You've got a good colour scheme going there mate.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Mint!!!! And it is absolutely immaculate up close aswell!! Not like the motors you see in magazines, 90% of the time they look ok in the pictures, but are as rough as fook up close!!

VRS
no a local place in fenton called top marques, mark and myself have had our wheels done there :D

they do a good job :)

172 Cup
I live near Fenton. Wonder why I've never seen you on the road, makavelli. Would you recommend Top Marques then mate? I am thinking about having the Turinis refurbed.

What's the difference between powder coating and spraying? Which is better? Also another question, how much did you pay for your 36k service and where did you take it? Mine's due and I need a good price/place.

A silver one
Powder coated fella, cost me 45quid per wheel (16inch) plus a fiver 2 fit + balance the tyres :-D

Did you have to leave your car there for the day or however long it took, or did you have a spare set of wheels to put on your car while they did the refurb?

Chocolate Bar™
they're awesome, my wheels are as good as new over a year after i first had them done, really professional outet and the flake in the powdercoat is amazing! wheels can be done in a day, or i think he may have a spare set of wheels to lend but you'd have to ask

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Style and substance, love this car :approve:

What's the difference between powder coating and spraying? Which is better? Also another question, how much did you pay for your 36k service and where did you take it? Mine's due and I need a good price/place.

Powder coating is better for durability. Much tougher finish, needs less mintenance. Tend to look good in dark finishes. Sparying will give a more glossy finish, and if metallic, plenty of fleck/sparkle etc. I had some Turinis powder coated Silver from Lap Tab (thealloywheelspecailist) and was disappointed. Very flat and dull looking colour. How ever i had them done in anthricite before hand, and they were fine????

Take it for its 36k to www.birchdown.com ;)

172 Cup
Not heard of that garage before, will deffinitely email them for a quote.

Thanks for the heads up on the wheels too. I was thinking about having them re-done in the standard colour, are you saying they would look better sprayed in that case then guys?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Imo yes. I had my Turinis refurbished in Anthricite, in powder caot form, and they were good!!!. Then after a year or so, i wanted them Silver again as imo it works better with the Mondial bluue of the Cup. When i got them back (again power coated in Silver) they were really flat and dull looking. The standard Renault/Speedline finish on the Turini is a Mettalic Silver, with loads of fleck. I just bough some brand new ones, and flogged off the refurbed ones on ebay lol. Never looked back.

DSC00875-1.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

Anyway less spam ;)

172 Cup
I see, I'll look into that. Didn't want to lash out big bucks on a new set, was hoping they could pretty much match the standard colour/finish with a refurb.

Anyone know a ball park figure for a cambelt + aux. belt with 36k service from Birchdown? 172 Cup with A/C.

Mk4 .:R32
looking quality andy.

getting cam belt, aux belt and H&Rs fitted at birchdown next week HOPEFULLY. If the coilovers magically find their way to Steve in time

VRS
I live near Fenton. Wonder why I've never seen you on the road, makavelli. Would you recommend Top Marques then mate? I am thinking about having the Turinis refurbed.

im based in congleton and work nantwich way, the gf lives in a student house near stoke station so im usually hovering around there lol, top marques is only a couple of mintues away so its ideal for me :D

birchdown did a top job on the service, steve and andy really do go above and beyond, steve even spent time cleaning out and oiling my maxogen as well as fitting the cf splitter whilst they serviced it :)

they are based in malpas which for ease of finding it, isnt far from demon tweeks

Powder coated fella, cost me 45quid per wheel (16inch) plus a fiver 2 fit + balance the tyres :-D

Did you have to leave your car there for the day or however long it took, or did you have a spare set of wheels to put on your car while they did the refurb?

i used my spare and nicked marks spare so i could replaint the calipers at home whilst they were being done, you can leave your car with them tho :) if you drop them off at before 9 they will have them done for 5 the same day :)

I see, I'll look into that. Didn't want to lash out big bucks on a new set, was hoping they could pretty much match the standard colour/finish with a refurb.

Anyone know a ball park figure for a cambelt + aux. belt with 36k service from Birchdown? 172 Cup with A/C.

exact figures depends on the motor, steve and andy are nice and honest, they knocked some off as i didnt need a new fuel filter (i think thats what it was lol) and because i have a maxogen i didnt need a new air filter :)

its deffo the most competative price in the area and came in at circa 560 which i was more than happy to pay as i new they would look after the car

looking quality andy.

getting cam belt, aux belt and H&Rs fitted at birchdown next week HOPEFULLY. If the coilovers magically find their way to Steve in time

good stuff fella :) the flamer will be looking minted :D

You know i approve fella!!

Utter FILTH tbh! :approve:

knows ;)

172 Cup
Love your motor mate, need to clean mine up looking at your pictures! Did ur wheels come with Renault badges or are they custom?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Looking superb Andy, makes me really want a 182 again if it could look like that! :approve:

VRS
Love your motor mate, need to clean mine up looking at your pictures! Did ur wheels come with Renault badges or are they custom?

they are standard centre caps matey, the turinis are the trophy ones and not the ones direct from speedline, so they have the Renault centres

"Navy" N17 TWO
I love this car, even more now with the CF splitter to compliment the alloys - looks nuts! :)