ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue ph1 ITB : 2010 track season updates

Re: PH1 172 Track Car, abit special

With the paintwork looking as good as it does and it being used on a track i'd think about getting paint protection film over it. I would also get the dash flocked. Looks nice though.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

With the paintwork looking as good as it does and it being used on a track i'd think about getting paint protection film over it. I would also get the dash flocked. Looks nice though.
nah no point, we spent our money on other things already :D as for the dash being flocked that dash board is comming out over Xmas any how so no point.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

20 December 2008
Over the past few months i have been looking at either changing my 172 road car or upping the power. Some jenvey ITB's came up for sale on the forum from somebody local so it was an obvious chance to buy them. Got the cash ready to buy them, then Bazzon asked the question "why not put them on the track car?" and offered to split the cost. Win win! :star:

So the cash was handed over and we recieved some throttle bodies which looked past their best. The actually bodies are jenvey, 90mm trumpet with an omex 600 ecu.

The main problem was the wiring which looked like this

Throttlebodies29-11-08-Wiring4.jpg

this was a ph2 172 loom with a bastardised omex loom which needed completely re-doing as it had silly things on it such as the renault map sensor running as the air temp sensor and the coolant sensor running the air temp sensor.

we also had to remove the t-bar, create a bracket for radiator, create a bracket for the coilpack, adjust the ph1 fuel rail to fit and cut holes in the bonnet for the aerocatch bonnet pins.

The only picture i have midway fitting is the night we stripped the engine ready for them.

RenaultClioPH113-12-0811.jpg

For the loom we basically just cut off the omex part and re-did everything on the ph1. This took basically a full night of planning and another night of soldering.

Now fitted :) (it started first attempt!!!!!)

3123138026_9527596a2e_b.jpg

3122321953_0dfe0cbca5_b.jpg

3122315493_225a9b30b8_b.jpg

3122308751_18b9d9d483_b.jpg

3122311459_c75aa66e3c_b.jpg

3123131124_6288874177_b.jpg

Many thanks to:

Andy from GDI, Fred and Icarus for putting up with me pestering on msn asking questions lol :)
Hutchie for helping with the wiring (staying up till 1.30 this morning doing the soldering lol :D)

will be heading for mapping soon as the current map is shite so hopefully so will get some pics/videos then.

PS its spitting 1 foot flames currently lol! :evil:

alien green rs133
Re: PH1 172 Track Car, abit special *ITB update*

yeah my back hurts but the epic noise and the flames make up for the lack of sleep :D

get a lower rad and a re-map and you will be singing

cant wait till i get to drive it

and still can belive that it tried to fire first time, and started the second crank :D:D:D

hutchie *shattered*

Best car on here without a doubt, the ITB's are the iceing on the cake.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.

This exactly what this car needed to turn it into my favourite car on here! Epic!!

320d

Absolutely love this car. RB Ph-quick with ITB's. RS Clio heaven.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Wish I was a student.

Nice work

lol thats my feburary grant spent! :approve: get 1k for doing my course at uni and my part time work pays for my drinking at uni so obvious choice lol

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

lol thats my feburary grant spent! :approve: get 1k for doing my course at uni and my part time work pays for my drinking at uni so obvious choice lol

And i make no money :< do a proper uni course that takes all my time :< but i do sell a odd sketch or 2 ;)

Pug 306 GTI6 & 205 GTI6

awesome :D

my pug is going to struggle now....lol

i guess need more power now ;)

Pug 306 GTI6 & 205 GTI6

i not sure dude, he just puts me in with the quick cars :D tell him to put you in the same group as mine

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

i not sure dude, he just puts me in with the quick cars :D tell him to put you in the same group as mine

We are in the inters, we know a lad who is building s 4x4 Focus atm so want to be out with him :p

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

my god , your both students ? lol fair play ... :)

Im 21 and a car/transport design student at coventry, Carl is 18 and a computer forensic student at Northumbria.

Last edited:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

awesome work guys

are these adyspecs itb's by anychance

you really have done some awesome work on this and best of all to a high standard

its a tribute to you guys really

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

awesome work guys

you really have done some awesome work on this and best of all to a high standard

No they are not Adeys old ones.

Expert HDI & R53

You guys have more money than sense!! Worth it though!!

A lot of hard work has gone into this car!

Well done guys this should be a right beast!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

awesome work guys

thanks mate :)

without labour costs, doing this sort of thing doesnt cost too much.

If you were to get a garage to do this job it would have cost a fortune as the loom had to be completely re-done and ofcourse fitting the bodies themselves.

carl

alien green rs133

thanks mate :)

without labour costs, doing this sort of thing doesnt cost too much.

If you were to get a garage to do this job it would have cost a fortune as the loom had to be completely re-done and ofcourse fitting the bodies themselves.

carl

thats what you think im sending you an invoice for my labour ;)

and i must say, not big'n my self up or nothing but wiring is ten times neater that the loom we butchered, and carls system was genius tbh, guy deserves pat on the back :eek:

BMW M5 & E36

Looking good :)

Can't help but think that the interior is letting it down a bit though. Going by the pics on page 4 anyway, may have changed since then.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

they have done a great job considering they havnt done it before.....

well done guys....

nice pics too.

Well done chaps, first time is always the hardest! Glad I could help and well done on getting it firing first time.

Cheers
M

Clio 172

fantastic job guys, looking really good. Cant wait to see those flames, and hear the noise it makes!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Well done chaps, first time is always the hardest! Glad I could help and well done on getting it firing first time.

Cheers
M

sorry for phoning you while you were doing your shopping lol :boring:

i seriously owe you a drink!

carl

340i

Top work guys!

Looking forward too seeing this on track next year :D

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Top work guys!

Looking forward too seeing this on track next year :D

ta mate, you will have to give me a shout which days you are doing.

I have learned so much from doing this, ive never done any electrical work on cars before so rewiring a standalone ecu was a daunting task but with the help of bazzon note'ing stuff down for me i managed a system which meant i could transfer stuff over easier.