ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue ph1 ITB : 2010 track season updates

340i
Re: PH1 172 Track Car, abit special *ITB update*

Yes mate, defiantly.. Seems to be a few people "doing" PH-1's for track next year cannot wait!

Should be an animal once mapped!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

23 December 2008
Since the car was now running we decided to book it into RStuning at leeds to get them setup and mapped. We somehow managed to get to leeds making the 1h 20m journey will flames comming out of the exhaust and not being able to let the car idle (would just cut out). When we arrived paul balanced the bodies with a trusty bit of tube (burning his arm in the process from a flame spitting out of the bodies). Once this had been complete it was then onto mapping of the car, with approx. 20-30 power runs the car was complete. The car is now running perfect and drives totally different, the lower down torque is incredible and the final bhp figure does not tell the whole storey. The car made 202bhp with catcam 420s (pretty much standard cams).

Before ITB's
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 752.
Picture020-2.jpg

After (notice the torque!)
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 752.
RSTuning23-12-081.jpg

some from today
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 683.
3130734133_75ba7d073c_b.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 683.
3130750043_772fe05e31_b.jpg

wol_error.gif
3131571304_fc0477e688_b.jpg

wol_error.gif
3131551744_756937dbc3_b.jpg

wol_error.gif
3130745861_47d5a225ce_b.jpg

wol_error.gif
3131559752_9e2484ebba_b.jpg

Would like to thank Paul for mapping, always a pleasure to go to RStuning :)

Also would like to say it was a pleasure meeting Jimbo666 and <insert friend name lol> :) Thanks for taking me out in your 197, its soooooooooooo quiet lol

[YOUTUBE]9KywA-yzSYU[/YOUTUBE]

carl

Pug 306 GTI6 & 205 GTI6

wow the magic 200, thats what i want :)

your going to enjoy this car now :D

what filter you going to use?

book oulton park 17th jan ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

Looking good guys, the car is looking trick as always ;)... but.. are you not a bit disapointed with that power out put? please dont take it the wrong way guys but for the money ITB kits cost for say 10-15bhp :S i thought you would be running running 210bhp minium then 230+ with a good cam combo

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Looking good guys, the car is looking trick as always ;)... but.. are you not a bit disapointed with that power out put? please dont take it the wrong way guys but for the money ITB kits cost for say 10-15bhp :S i thought you would be running running 210bhp minium then 230+ with a good cam combo

bhp figures dont mean s**t tbh, who says a car should run xxx bhp when every rolling road is different. these itbs have given a 21bhp gain with an increase of torque throughout the rev range, i cannot complain about that. One thing the clio lacks is lower down torque which ITB's help.

We are taking the car to motorscope in jan so we can get a reading or 210+bhp therefore will be over 30bhp gain, which is amazing ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

We are taking the car to motorscope in jan so we can get a reading or 210+bhp

Okay good stuff :rasp:, fair enough mate, just always thought you would get more from ITB's, think i'll see what my revolution design for the airbox puts out, if i can get 185-190 out of mine while still running the standard 4-1 manifold i'll be happy enough with power - weight ratio, what power/weight ratio are you runing now barron?

Pug 306 GTI6 & 205 GTI6

30bhp from a std setup would be my aim with itb's, with std engine :)

your before figure of 180 is not a std car is it???

so even 200 is a great acheivement :D,

210+ is just brilliant

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

30bhp from a std setup would be my aim with itb's, with std engine :)

your before figure of 180 is not a std car is it???

so even 200 is a great acheivement :D,

210+ is just brilliant

nope our car wasnt standard when it made 181bhp

standard 172's produce 160-170bhp on pauls rollers
standard 182's produce 170-180bhp

Pug 306 GTI6 & 205 GTI6

exactly, 20bhp was on top of other mods :D

cant wait to see it out on track

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Okay good stuff :rasp:, fair enough mate, just always thought you would get more from ITB's, think i'll see what my revolution design for the airbox puts out, if i can get 185-190 out of mine while still running the standard 4-1 manifold i'll be happy enough with power - weight ratio, what power/weight ratio are you runing now barron?

ours still has a 4-1 manifold

whats your revolution design for the airbox?

similar to my revolution design for the airbox?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=329297

notice date :rasp:

power to weight is currently 223bhp per ton, but it still has the dash in the car aswell as a shitty cage so we could go lighter if wanted ;)

M135i

Also would like to say it was a pleasure meeting Jimbo666 and <Dave> Thanks for taking me out in your 197, its soooooooooooo quiet lol

that no problem mate! yours was soo loud compared to mine, love your car though. it sounded immense, my ears are still ringing from it!

ill get those pics up in the next few days, ill update this thread.

Qashcow

hi guys, have just read the whole thread. jay (burp) has spoken to me before about the project youve been doing but hadnt realised it was this good lol

loving the colour change and itb's. im at 203bhp/ton so cant wait to get whooped by you on track :)

I'll be doing most of the RS trackdays this year so will be good to meet you both and have a gander round the car

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

very small update (poor iphone pics)

Stripped the dash out, quite hard doing this by yourself considering stupid frenchies had wrapped the alarm wire around the heater pipe work.

IMG_0122.jpg

also got a new battery :) 6.6kg (standard battery is 15-18kg i believe?)

IMG_0125.jpg

having a rear polycarb window fitted this weekend aswell, then should be going back to RStuning on monday for abit of map tweeking.

172 Race Car

The alarms are fitted when the cars enter the uk, Not by the 'frenchies'. you better appolagise

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

lol... this car is terribly fast.

i went for a little wiz in it. Very nice!

BMW M5 & E36

Details on battery please?? Price and where from? How does the spec relate to the Varley ratings for their red tops?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Oh right, will look into it. What trackdays are you doing this year?

i need to get some booked. We will be doing croft a few times, a couple of RS days, a couple of circuit days trackdays, FCS and the ring

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

test fitted the ph2 dash before it gets sent away for flocking. Will keep it in the car for the next track day (mallory park, 8th feb) but then will be removed. Also bought a rear polycarb window from plastics4performance at the weekend to complete the polycarb window set on the car :)

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

only thing i needed to do with the dash to fit was to drill 4 holes for the dials to be secured in

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

that rear window is awesome......how much was that mate? may be interested in getting some for the phase 1

dash looks good, were you sending it to be flocked?

1 thing i am finding funny is all these track cars that supoosedly don't matter what they look like are having the dashes changed.....or is there a good reason for this?

the phase 2 dashes are cool anyways

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

that rear window is awesome......how much was that mate? may be interested in getting some for the phase 1

dash looks good, were you sending it to be flocked?

1 thing i am finding funny is all these track cars that supoosedly don't matter what they look like are having the dashes changed.....or is there a good reason for this?

the phase 2 dashes are cool anyways

rear window was £90.

I have no idea where to send it to get flocked yet, there seems to be no good companies local so will have to send it away to a company down south.

Reason i have gone for a ph2 dash is the fact once the airbag had been removed from the ph1 dash it was very messy behind. and also left a square of relfected light onto the window. Also ph1 dashs dont lend themselves to modding the centre for switches etc. My ph1 dash also had a lump for the uphead display which i did not use, because of this i went for the bog standard ph2 dash with no display.

oh and ph2's look cool ;)

i did run the car without a dash for a few weeks but it was hell tbh. The glare you get from the wires and the dials is awful and makes it very distracting to drive

BMW M5 & E36

Still let down by the interior for me im afraid. Need to order some polycarbs for mine.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Still let down by the interior for me im afraid. Need to order some polycarbs for mine.

i am trying lol!
dash will be flocked, centre piece with switches.
some new gullwing seats

what else? :(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

rear window was £90.

I have no idea where to send it to get flocked yet, there seems to be no good companies local so will have to send it away to a company down south.

Reason i have gone for a ph2 dash is the fact once the airbag had been removed from the ph1 dash it was very messy behind. and also left a square of relfected light onto the window. Also ph1 dashs dont lend themselves to modding the centre for switches etc. My ph1 dash also had a lump for the uphead display which i did not use, because of this i went for the bog standard ph2 dash with no display.

oh and ph2's look cool ;)

i did run the car without a dash for a few weeks but it was hell tbh. The glare you get from the wires and the dials is awful and makes it very distracting to drive

good reasons for the phase 2 dash mate, i have stuck with a phase 1 dash in mine but gone for a lower spec model so the airbag is gone but i will have a tray in there instead, i am currently having it flocked so i will be posting up pics of that very soon, keep an eye out for it, may be somewhere to send yours mate.....

with regards to glare when running without the dash, i know exactly how you mean.....lol