ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue Racer – Project Thread!

cheers guys,

no passanger bucket at the moment, didnt know how well the recaro would mount onto the cobra frame so got one to test it etc, might not get another apex tho, maybe something wider like the furious or a budget seat for the passanger or just chuck the harnesses in with the std seat.....

gunna try and get to all the RS days this year, wanted to last year but finishing uni ment i didnt have the time or money, see you there schweppy and at the 'ring !?

Ended up costing near on £500 for the seat, side mount, frame and fixings, it is the best bucket seat iv ever been in, really comfy!

182 trackday racer
Maybe a stupid question but how did you connect the catch tank (what order) and what good does it do?

M

mini-valver

When I get round to fitting my catch tank I'm going to get a fitting for the TDC pin hole so the catch tank can drain back into the block.....

fad

Clio 182 FF
DSC_0059Large.gif

Are the side mounts attached to the existing runners or did you have to make a base frame?

Also how do you get around the annoying seat belt beep etc? Them Recaro Ape's look quite comfy

no, its seat, sidemounts and side mounts bolted to a cobra xlow sub frame which bolts to the car, no runners

at the moment im not using the seat belt clip just the harnesses but iv been meaning to try and use the std seat belt, just need the time to look at it and someone who can weld.

Clio 200 Black and White
awesome looking car - like the new recaro.

do the Cobra subframes fit into existing bolt holes or do you have to drill new holes into the floor? Are they easy to fit?

Does the Recaro sit any lower than OE? Looked like your old Cobras were a bit lower, right?

How do you get around the airbag when you take the OE seat out?

Where do you bolt the OE seat belts to?

cobra frames bolt to the existing holes very easy to fit,

it sits a lot lower than the OE seat, im under the cage now before i could bang the side of my head on the cage. The Imola's did sit a little lower than the recaro not a great deal + cobra side mounts allow for greater height adjustibility they have 4 options, these recaros only have 2 at the back, might drill another hole today tho!

The air bag light it on on the dash, i just ignore it! Iv taken all airbags out.

The cobra frame has a mounting point for the OE belt, but i dont think ill ever use the OE belt again so there coming out today.

Clio 200 Black and White
Awesome, cheers for the info.

And the recaro side mounts fix to the cobra subframes with no issues? Would sparco side mounts also fit do you think?

So I just bolt the seat belt onto the subframe on one side and the buckle and pre-tensioner on the other side of the subframe?

I want to keep the driver and passenger airbags, what do I need to do to acheive that?

Final question: where can I get hold of those cobra X-low frames? how much is a pair? Oh, and what do they weigh?

Jake

the side mounts fit to the subframe fine, i think i drilled a few hole. any side mount should fit. seat belt is bolted to the car u only need to bolt the buckle to the frame, i wouldnt recommed it for comfort or safety after trying unless using it with the recaro pole position ABE which is designed for 3 point belts.

u cant keep the seat air bags there part of the seats, to keep the dash ones u just dont remove them!

I got mine direct from cobra, phone up to check prices i cant remember comes with frame and runner, weigh about 4kg's

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Love what your doing to the car. Where have you mounted the battery and what sort of power rating is it? If you have any pics of it mounted can you post them
Cheers

Clio 200 Black and White
the side mounts fit to the subframe fine, i think i drilled a few hole. any side mount should fit. seat belt is bolted to the car u only need to bolt the buckle to the frame, i wouldnt recommed it for comfort or safety after trying unless using it with the recaro pole position ABE which is designed for 3 point belts.

u cant keep the seat air bags there part of the seats, to keep the dash ones u just dont remove them!

I got mine direct from cobra, phone up to check prices i cant remember comes with frame and runner, weigh about 4kg's

Thanks for the feedback. I understand that the side airbags are part of the oe seats (!) but I'm keen to retain the front airbags. I understand I'll need to get a resistor to acheive this and to get that warning light off.

Why do you have to get new subframes to mount the sidemounts onto? Couldn't you just mount the sidemounts onto the oe sliders?

Are the Cobra sliders 4kg per side? how does that compare to oe?

the dash airbags still work with the seat ones removed but yes resistors are needed to turn the warning lights off, never done it myself so cant help.

You might be able to mount seat to oe sliders, thats how the recaro recliners are fitted but you wont sit low and its not the best idea for fixed buckets

4kgs is the weight of just the subframe not the slider aswell, i havnt weighed and OE seat.

Love what your doing to the car. Where have you mounted the battery and what sort of power rating is it? If you have any pics of it mounted can you post them
Cheers

No pics of it sorry, it was just a sheel of metal and some batter foam and i made a holder for it

its a red top 25 mounted under the airbox laying flat

182 trackday racer
Hello Dave!

I would very much like to get the artticle numbers for the V6 spoiler and the special tailgate struts. I have got hold of the articlenumber of the V6 Spoiler package (described below) but according to Renault France this package is no longer avaliable.

Artikelnummer: 7711421152
Description: Spoiler V6
Price: €167.22

Technical description:
As fitted to the Clio V6, this longer, higher rear spoiler prolongs the roof-line of your Clio; it reduces rear-end lift appreciably at high speed. In addition, its Renault Sport branding reinforces its sports character.
Vehicles concerned:
All Clio 2 (Phase I, II, III) 3 or 5-door
this kit comprises:
· Rear Spoiler, primed, non-painted
· Central stop light
· Washer jet
· Unique tailgate struts
· Fixing screws

I think I only need the tailgate struts and the spoiler since the stop light seems to be the same used on the V6?

8783-new_2008-03-11-4.jpg

Sorry for OT in your thread.

Finihsed off the car for 2009, Proper passanger seat and the full cage are in. it was on track at snetterton at the end of feb, had a great day untill the alternator cable snapped, easy fix though. Cars since had a full service with new belts, fresh engine and gear box oil. Off to the 'ring in april, july, aug and sept and should see a few UK trackdays, mainly the Renaultsport ones.

DSC_0025.gif

DSC_0021.gif

DSC_0022.gif

DSC_0029.gif

DSC_0028.gif

DSC_0013.gif

DSC_0014.gif

DSC_0019.gif

DSC_0018.gif

DSC_0015.gif

cheers,

yeah painted it with rattle cans, wouldnt say its easy but cheaper than paying someone to do it well at the price i got the paint for anyway

yep mark fish top mounts