ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB 182 restoration

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
So on the weekend i decided to buy a RB 182. I got a trailer and headed over to bedfordshire to pick it up.

9016746029_417c8844ab_c.jpg

Untitled by sbridgey, on Flickr ​

We spent sunday assessing what needed doing to it, to get it mint again. It has a few panels that need some paint and a cambelt/dephaser pully. Nothing much else needs doing tbh.

9016753825_d46a595f3e_c.jpg

Untitled by sbridgey, on Flickr

9017943294_6f3927504d_c.jpg

9016754775_732dd66158_c.jpg

Bit of an oil leak from the cam seals i reckon!

9016753289_f35c516a71_c.jpg

Untitled
by sbridgey, on Flickr

So we decided that we would take the panels off that needed painting from the front and get them prepped painted up before it goes off to Fred for a cambelt. Which left it looking like this on my driveway.

9017931338_9ac6981fdf_c.jpg

Untitled
by sbridgey, on Flickr

Luckily we have proper spraying equipment so we can try and keep the costs down by doing it ourselves. We started prepping the wing.

9017940376_5d9385fd3d_c.jpg

And now it has been primered and is ready for some paint.

9016750369_925e9d1290_c.jpg

So thats where we are so far, hopefully there should be more updates to come very shortly.

Last edited:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
No we are not using rattle cans, we have proper spraying equipment.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good little restoration project. What's the rest of the car like? Interior and mileage etc?

Reckon Racing Blue will be an easy colour to paint? Much experience spray painting si?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
The interior is in really good condition, we are going to steam clean it so its spot on. The steering wheel isn't the best but both thumb grips are there still.

The car is on 97k which isn't too high really.

I am not spraying it, i have a mate to do that for me ;)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ooooo I see, sounds like a decent little car mate

RB 182
Looks like a tidy motor apart from the issues you have outlined.

Have you got any more plans for it once you get those sorted, or just keep it standard?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is that the one that clarkson hammered round the top gear track?? I recognise the reg and I sold the clarkson one when it was about 3 months old.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Thanks guys, i am really looking forward to putting it back together next weekend.