ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Relocating coil pack on 172 Cup

Radical SR3
If you want to move the coil pack due to fitting a different inlet manifold, has anyone made their own bracket? I have a breather filter on the rear cam cover outlet but what about the oval breather on the top that feeds into the base of the stock manifold? I see several pics on the net where this breather just looks 'open' with nothing covering it...and then the rs2 kit seems to fit the coil pack ontop.

Any advise appreciated!

RB 182
IMAG0338_zps3ae41a7f.jpg

Quite a few people have placed them on the right hand side, there are three M6 holes to pick up on.

Ignore the leads being untidy, they have since been re-arranged ;)

RB 182
Yeah I had the bracket laser cut and welded in work. We binned the carbon canister so didn't need all the piping, for the 172 you just need to blank off the small breather hole.

Radical SR3
Ah ok. Do you still have crank case outlets for the gas? I wonder if you could remove the breather panel (does that top panel have a name) and make a blank for the whole thing?

Lionel Richie
no you can't otherwise the engine will have no breather at all (its built into the back of the breather plate, 90degree outlet on the back)

Radical SR3
But you can safely plug the side pointing to driver side and top breather?

Can I just fab up an alloy plate for the coil pack and mount it flush over the top of the top breather??

Lionel Richie
no need its just a vaccum feed for the carbon canister, will make no difference if its blanked or not

Radical SR3
Sorry Fred. So there are 3 exits on the cam cover. Top, back and driver side. Are you saying the driver side one needs no blanking...or the top one that feeds into the inlet manifold base or both?

Lionel Richie
so they do, i honestly never even noticed it next to the male pokey up bit LOL! i doubt 5L of engine oil will get out through that!

Radical SR3
I removed the upper and lower inlet (easy job). There is oil around the central breather and traces in the lower inlet and ports. How can this be? I only have the rear breather venting via a filter and the left breather is blocked off.

Also how do you free the injectors from the rail and inlet?