ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing swirling from black-gold paint...

Cupped 182 with Recaros
Hey, have some minor swirl marks on the paint from polishing it (using Auto Glym, which is probably considered to be s*it by most people on here!)

Is there something you can use by hand (ie avoid having to buy a polisher) that can get them out? I saw a turquoise Zymol product (some kind of wax, dont remember the proper name for it) in Halfrauds that said it would do it, anyone know if it is any good?

ps - Black Gold paint appears to be impossible to keep clean (my car lives outside) !!!

Thanks!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
SRP is actually a very good! - One of the best off the shelf products.

Black gold is very difficult to keep clean and swirl free, I'm sure rich will be able to provide a decent process for you! - His is fairly average! ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You can try Meguirs scratc x, buts its hard going by hand!!! Imo you will need a PC polisher, takes all the heartache out of Black Gold. I tried to correct mine by hand, used super resin polish. It was still full of swirls (right side) Quick pass over with a PC, (left side) improved 100%

210620070432.jpg

now looks like this,

DSC01321.jpg
#

DSC01335.jpg

Black gold is hard work!!!!!

Mito Sportiva 135
I'd say go for the machine polish, don't have to buy one yourself there are plenty of people you can pay to do it for you.

Either someone on here or Detailing World should be able to help. Where abouts are you?

106 GTi
Autoglym Super Resin is a great product, just very mild so will do little in the way of paintwork correction when it comes to the Swirl Marks.

Megs Scratch X and a folded terry towel and lots of elbow grease may have some effect, but a machine polish will be needed to get a a good level of correction.

Only reason I ever purchased a Machine Polisher was down to Black Gold car as I gave up trying to fix it by hand !

Mito Sportiva 135
As Rich says, trying to keep a perfect paint finish on a black car is pretty much impossible without a machine polish every so often. I kept putting off buying one as was happy with the results by hand and just being very careful whenever washing the car, but the results produced using a PC or similar are noticably better.

Tangoed Works
I seriousy need someone to PC my black gold. Did the clay, SRP and EGP today including wheels and it looks s**t hot. Only thing is some bird shat down my rear quarter and there are marks etched in.

I tried the elbow grease and scratch x, but still totally apparent. How much guys and whos is closest to london?

clio billabong dci
Anyone know of any detailers in the Glasgow area or a reference guie that I can look one up on???.have pearl black with lots of swirls..driving me mental

Cupped 182 with Recaros
You can try Meguirs scratc x, buts its hard going by hand!!! Imo you will need a PC polisher, takes all the heartache out of Black Gold. I tried to correct mine by hand, used super resin polish. It was still full of swirls (right side) Quick pass over with a PC, (left side) improved 100%

210620070432.jpg

That is am amazing difference!

How much is a PC anyway? I live in Wandsworth if anyone wants to come down with theirs and earn a few ££ for doing the job for me...?!

Mito Sportiva 135

210620070432.jpg

That is am amazing difference!

How much is a PC anyway? I live in Wandsworth if anyone wants to come down with theirs and earn a few ££ for doing the job for me...?!

PC is about £100 plus you will need a 110v transformer (about £40) an extension cable (about £15) and a set of pads (about £10 each, you will need various grades and possibly sizes) and polishes to use with it.

Otherwise expect to pay around £100 (very reasonable) upwards for someone to do it for you.

Punto/Clio GTT
tbh gaz your lucky you didnt scratch f**k out of your paintwork with your first pic. wash your car before you mop, you seen the bottoms of the doors that youve mopped with?

might aswell polish with sand n cement mix.

Mito Sportiva 135
tbh gaz your lucky you didnt scratch f**k out of your paintwork with your first pic. wash your car before you mop, you seen the bottoms of the doors that youve mopped with?

I think he said he washed that section of the panel - but yes not the way to go about things in general lol!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

PMSL!!!
I'm not that thick lol, i washed the door down to the bumpstrip, was only a 20 min first play with the PC ;)