ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio RSi 1.6 16v Ph1 OEM+ Restoration

Clio 1.6 16V
After 2 years with my first car 1.2 8V ph2 clio, i decided it was time to upgrade.
(https://cliosport.net/threads/clio-1-2-pearl-black-from-portugal.816797/)

So i bought a ph1 clio RSi 1.6 16v pearl black , pretty rare here in Portugal, and this one specially because it's all stock.

One day after purchasing it (Very dirty)

1recut.png

3recut.png

7recut.png

7,5.png

8recut.png

9.png

11.png

10.png

Altough the car is in excelent condition mechanically it really needs some TLC exterior and interior wise.

Plans for the exterior :
  • Completely detail the car, the bonnet might need paint
  • Restore headlights
  • Buy the missing wheel caps and maybe OZ F1 15''
  • Eibach sportline

Plans for the interior :
  • Restore steering wheel
  • Restore seats
  • Restore passenger airbag
  • Upgrade the radio and speakers

Clio 1.6 16V
Replaced rear boot lock because someone tryed to open it :cautious:

Pretty easy job, was simple take the boot plastic off and then two bolts hold the lock.
The only down side is now the lock opens with different key

3.jpg

Clio 1.6 16V
The original radio had a problem playing tapes, i know who plays tapes these days, i do lol

So bought a new (old) radio, but it was from a megane, so swapped the cassete system from one radio to another.

get_thumbnail.jpg
get_thumbnail (1).jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 1.6 16V
Unfortunately the oem floor mats are worn out underneath, going to keep them because the top side is perfect and maybe one day i'll reuse them.

Meanwhile bought new floor mats made from the original color, blue. Will try to take photos on the weekend, meanwhile the old ones :

5.jpg

4.jpg

get_thumbnail (2).jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Great little project this, I've got a soft spot for the mk1 rsi and it extends to the mk2 now a wee bit. Keep up the good work

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Love a Clio RSi! good work, ive always been a fan of the standard wheels just because they are so different! although OZ F1 are the best looking wheels for a ph1!

Clio 1.6 16V
Love a Clio RSi! good work, ive always been a fan of the standard wheels just because they are so different! although OZ F1 are the best looking wheels for a ph1!
Thank you!

I'm also a big fan of std wheels but was going crazy trying to find the center caps, really couldn't find them,
But they were kept in storage.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you!

I'm also a big fan of std wheels but was going crazy trying to find the center caps, really couldn't find them,
But they were kept in storage.
They do sometimes pop up on eBay UK, keep your eyes open and if the seller doesn't ship to where you are, I'm happy to forward them on to you (y)

Clio Campus D4D
Your car looks beautiful! I'm watching here from Brazil. I have a Clio Campus D4D (1.0 16v) and I go around gathering information and getting inspired.

Clio 1.6 16V
Some awesome cars there, UK car scene is extremely poor now where every car is almost new and looks the same!

They were some really nice cars there indeed!

The thing i like the most is the variety of classes, we have classics, sport cars, tuner cars, supersport cars, its really nice for people who like all the cars.

Clio 1.6 16V
Decided to upgrade the stock sound system, nothing fancy but the stock speakers and tweeters were hurting my ears from volume 10+ o_O

Wanted to keep the OEM display working so the only brand that i knew that made the adapter to make it work was alpine, so my decision for the head unit was from that.

Head Unit > Alpine UTE-92BT
Adapter > Alpine APF-D101RE
Speakers > JBL Stage3 527F

Future plans is to mount the amplifier which i've already bought (Hertz HCP2) and an underseat subwoofer.

1643314765702.jpg

1643314765686.jpg

Clio 1.6 16V
And now some exterior pics, the ph1 look is growing on me, even without being the RS.

Future plans will be to solve the steering rack small leak, replace struts and springs with the pro kit and change the front brakes to th 280mm ones.

1643314765695.png

1643314765677.png

1643314765706.jpg

1643314765674.png

1643314765720.png

1643314765671.jpg

1643314765688.jpg