ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Megane 2.0 T 16V RENAULTSPORT 225 3DR

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Whats to know about these? One has popped up local to me. Nice spec and colour, and a very good price. 3 owners, 92k miles full years MOT. Whats the tax like on these, average MPG? Anything to look out for? The car in question.

renault-megane-hatchback-2-0-t-16v-renaultsport-225-3dr-214850184-400x300.jpg renault-megane-hatchback-2-0-t-16v-renaultsport-225-3dr-214850170-400x300.jpg

225 Cup & Williams
Belts been done? Things to look out for are seized steering hub bearings & faulty window regs off the top of my head.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
No mention of belts but would make that the first thing I asked. Are they expensive to be done if they need doing?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Steve. Should I be out off by the 92k on the engine? I suppose the best thing for me to do is to go and take it for a test drive.

Inferno 225 cup
Handbrake mech
Steering hub bearings
Clutch
Window regs
Any thing electric

I swear they're fucked from the factory.

I agree although most are run by people who "think" the can afford to maintain them.

Hubs
Tre
Steering rack ( not so common )
Windows
Scuttle panel leak ( blocked drain holes )

Other then that pretty decent on fuel when driven properly and can look good with a few mods.

Edit: tax £270 for year

u9y4u7e6.jpg

Last edited:

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Agree with all of the above, make sure the belts have been done and there are a few common problems listed above. Had mine about 5 months now, the Clutch + DMF went after 2 months on mine which only had 55k on it, it's expensive to replace due to the DMF, looking at around £1k +, there's a bloke up Sheffield way who does it cheap though on Meganesport.net.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the comments chaps. I work in Sheffield so that could be handy. The car is advertised for £3.6k

225 Cup & Williams
Me too mate, he said I could have it whenever I want, but I'm going to itb the Clio.

If you haven't seem it in person then Christ!! The noise is unreal!!

It was in getting paint when I was down getting my clutch & flywheel fitted so never got to see it.

Itb'd 172 will be she's loads more fun anyway and sound better lol.