ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport Clio DCi?

Hello chaps - long time no see.

After a couple of Coupe 20V Turbos and then no car at all, I've now got a Grande Punto 1.9 MJet - the compromise was necessary to get my lady driving a shared car etc... ;)

The diesel warm hatch format is actually a pretty good as an all-rounder, although not a patch on my old 16V, Williams or 172.

So, I was just wondering if Renault will be doing a DCi version alongside the 197? I'd definitely sign up for one if such a thing existed. :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I know they do a Renaultsport Megane DCI if thats any use?

Poo. Despite being a proper grown-up now, I still prefer small hot hatches - but I can't be doing with 29mpg from a 197.

I used to get 37mpg from my 16V and Willy on average and I averaged 50mpg on one incredibly gentle 300 mile trip out of my 172!

Poo. Despite being a proper grown-up now, I still prefer small hot hatches - but I can't be doing with 29mpg from a 197.

I used to get 37mpg from my 16V and Willy on average and I averaged 50mpg on one incredibly gentle 300 mile trip out of my 172!

It is a shame they'd have to find an ideal engine first the 1.5 would have to be tunned a lot realy as its already at the limit of the gearbox so either a new gearbox ould need to be desinged (not happeneing) or make another box it. Otherwise they'd have to stick a biger CC in ie the 2.0 one as used in the Megan which isn't what you do marketting wise.

I just wonder how long Renault hold out with a petrol-only Renaultsport Clio before the likes of the VAG Group and Fiat snap up all their sales?

There's no question that I'd have bought a diesel version of the 197.

RS 200

29 MPG i wish, more like 23. :eek:

I just wonder how long Renault hold out with a petrol-only Renaultsport Clio before the likes of the VAG Group and Fiat snap up all their sales?

There's no question that I'd have bought a diesel version of the 197.

Will be interesting to see Sales of thw 197 will be the decider more than anything of a dci version.