ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Request: Bendix / Girling pics (MK.I. Brakes)

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Ok, me being the least mechanical honcho in the world.... I was wondering if someone could hook me up with some pics of Bendix / girling callipers so I can play spot the difference?

I know one has a hole in the calliper or something... Hmm... any help appreciated. I'll settle for MS Paint-drawn pictures! :evil:

Many many thanks, this'd be much appreciated!!!!!!! :)

-Akira

Rb 182
Heres mine, 1.8 16v brakes, girling calipers. Hope this helps (at all)

daddybrakes2.gif

Cheers, now anyone with Bendix callipers?

( this'd be easier if they just wrote on the back 'mady by ______' ... )

-Akira

Skoda Fabia vRS
the girling ones DO mate

its obvious from the pad anyway, in the above pic look in the middle of the caliper, just to the right of the spoke of the wheel, you see that little half metal ring with a hole in it, smaller than a 1p, if you can see that on yours, then yours are the Lucas/Girling

it is a full little circle but you cant see it all on that pic

Managed to get this pic of mine; not amazing, but best I could find;

calliper.jpg

Looks TOTALLY different to yours... so I'm guessing I have Bendix... agreed?

-Akira

172 M69 eater
why dont u jus lie under ur car and read the back of the caliper mate!!! :D

they look like bendix yep!!!

patty said:
why dont u jus lie under ur car and read the back of the caliper mate!!! :D

they look like bendix yep!!!

lol... I tried that, and I was greeted by about 2" of muck, brake dust, dead snails, and rust ^_^

Ahem.... so *thats* why I'm supposed to clean ALL of the car, not just the places we see.... ooops!

Sorry for asking lame questions, but no1 ripped the p155 out of me, and you all helped, so... mucho abbliged.

Oh, and I'll let you all have a play in my R36 GT-R...when I'm 35 or whatever... as a way of saying thank you... :cool: ... yea right! :dapprove:

-Akira
P.S: Seriously though...Patty, BRUN, Dave.... thanks! :)

Yup, they're sitting on the table next to me (the pads that is) The guys at motorsport world emailed me after I placed the order saying "hey; you SURE these are the ones you want?"

Just gotta fit them now :] (which I have a thread about in the other section of the forum... lol, its fun knowing NOTHINg abot mechanics :p)

-Akira

Rb 182
LOL get some 16v calipers on there, the diffrence is amazing. I put them on my Rt last month and love them!

Dave