ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Mk2 Xr2 project...

TrackCar & F30 330d
Everyone is gay, Strip the sh*t out of it son ;)

Is it going to have a proper cage as its gona be a track car?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Get some chrome spinners and flashing neons on it :clown: lol

Not sure what the fuss is about of stripping old Fords.

I think its more a case of stripping a mint old car.

But still, might as well make it a mint old track car :evil:

lol

:evil:

yess rigby! haha get it done

dont understand the facination with old fords meself! this will be improving it in nearly every way

dont think it will win any concourse competitions after you're finished though! :evil:

53 Clio's & counting
I agree with Daniel, i love XR2's and i think bearing in mind how little it weighs anyway, keeping the interior in, and mint, will retain its value as its gotta be one of the cleanest non concorse(sp) XR2's around, so i think modding it under, but leaving the interior and exterior standard will not only improve its appeal but also mean you wont loose any money

Course its your car so what you choose to do is your choice :)

JDM Dc2
Get some chrome spinners and flashing neons on it :clown: lol

Not sure what the fuss is about of stripping old Fords.

shouldnt of told you my plans should i now!

either do i thats what there for lol!

But still, might as well make it a mint old track car :evil:

exactly!

:evil:

yess rigby! haha get it done

dont understand the facination with old fords meself! this will be improving it in nearly every way

dont think it will win any concourse competitions after you're finished though! :evil:

i am doing lol!

and dont care track>show! :D

JDM Dc2
OMP steering wheel boss arrived today so fitted my OMP corsica wheel... what a tw*t of a job as the coloums like on the angle the boss rubs against the coloum casing... will just have to see how it is when i drive it next.. i trimmed it back a little but still seems to be rubbing :( -

DSC01203.jpg

also fitted my 8 ball gear knob -

DSC01197.jpg

Hopefully exhaust will be here tmoz then ill probs be shooting upto Pipewerx to have it fitted to line up to the manifold and also have a custom tip ;)

JDM Dc2
I dont want to read ANY more in this thread its hurting my eyes.

dont then lol

Just bought 3 pepperpots with tyres off someone off the xr2 forum as i already have 1... should be here this time next week then get them wrapped in a048s :approve:

JDM Dc2
arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh! hate electrics!!!!

Just nipped to brens to give him my old steering wheel... on the way there my indicators wernt working... and when i pressed my brakes my revs went up (on the tacho not for real) and my battery light came on... so got to brens checked all the fuses and the brake light one had blew... so something is shorting out somewhere i think under the steering coloum just under the dash. so i unplugged the brake sensor, replaced the fuse and indicators/revs were fine i just had to chance it driving home with no brake lights.. will have a look in the day light tmoz

on a plus side the throttle cable and steering wheel feel great!

audi a6 3.0tdi
Thats not the one i meant. Looks good though.

Thats the steering wheel i want for mine it'll match my seat perfectly

audi a6 3.0tdi
Jamie you are good on ford shizzle where is the engine code on my fiesta? i need to know what engine it is? i bought it as a 1.3 but a couple of people have said it could be the 1.6 xr2 engine.

JDM Dc2
Looks nice jamie

cheers mate?

engine in yet?

id love to come see this!

you about over the weekend softlad?

ermmm... going to a mates tmoz to try sort my brake lights problems then going a ford show in the lakes on sunday... meet up in the week?

Jamie you are good on ford shizzle where is the engine code on my fiesta? i need to know what engine it is? i bought it as a 1.3 but a couple of people have said it could be the 1.6 xr2 engine.

no sure tbh mate as ive never really had a look at a crossflow engine before

Ignore the haters, crack on and do what YOU want to do with it.

am doing mate, dont you worry ;)

removed my rear wiper the other day so i ordered a bag of assorted grommets, they arrived earlier so one of them was bound to fit...

DSC01205.jpg

alot tidier rear :D

also trial fitted my bucket to see what i need... just need some square 5-10mm washers then theyll bolt straight in with ovaling a few holes... this is how itll look (kinda)

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01207.jpg

will be getting some washers from work on monday so monday they should be fitted and the carpet and doorcards should be removed then too :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's called Karma!

No doubt it'll be a dog to you becuase you are ruining it. :(

Sacrilege! Poor Fordy.

ST1050, 320d
mmm, hate to say it but I agree, seems an awful shame to strip out a pretty mint looking xr2. Should have found one with a shabbier interior :(

JDM Dc2
ya ya. meet up in week. drop us a text sometime.

you getting a rollcage for cadwell?

cool

and dunno yet tbh

mmm, hate to say it but I agree, seems an awful shame to strip out a pretty mint looking xr2. Should have found one with a shabbier interior :(

ive bought exactly what i wanted/was after...

Big thanks to a mate from lancster to have the patience with my electrics lol... in the end turned out to be the rear de-mister in the bootlid is shorting out after we rewired the whole rear brake lights lol... so andy has now just set my brakes up on its own fuse as there was one spare space, the only down fall is now i have no rear de-mister and no handbrake warning light..

in the process of trying to find where the brake wires lead to -

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

then when i got back i finishe doff removing the headlining and then removed my door cards and speakers -

DSC01210.jpg

just need to drill out the silver piece of metal in the middle of the door where the handle used to be... will do that monday as my tools are at work.

53 Clio's & counting
Stripping and modding such a mint XR makes the baby Jesus cry :(

Still its yours so you will do what you wish lol

JDM Dc2
Your in the lakes tomorrow? where bouts?

some ford show somewhere lol

Seems as jords got some 45mm tubing left over form when he added his extra bars for his cage i thought it was the perfect size for a welded in rear strut brace/harness bar as last time i payed 28quid for 1m piece lol... so thanks to jord he cut it to size and profiled it to the struts -

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

perfect :D... will get that welded in sometime this week.

2 random pics seems as the cars still looking quite clean -

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

Buckets will be going in monday and the carpet will be coming out too then once the harness bar is welded in ill remove the rear doorcards and front seatbelts :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's called Karma!

No doubt it'll be a dog to you becuase you are ruining it. :(

Sacrilege! Poor Fordy.

It's an old Ford. He's making it better.

If it was something decent, then you'd have a point.

I think it's great, but it's no show fairy.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looking good so far mate.

I think the little bit i'm not so keen on it the front orange indicators, LOL just thought "it needs silvervisions" lol

JDM Dc2
Looking good so far mate.

I think the little bit i'm not so keen on it the front orange indicators, LOL just thought "it needs silvervisions" lol

cheers mate!

i never used to be keen on them but i like the standard exterior look... once this exhast arrives im having the same size tip as the standard one custom made for it (2 1/4") :D... should be here monday!

JDM Dc2
haha controversial project

as always with mine lol!

seats and carpet out (as yopu can see LOTS of sound deadening to be gone lol) -

DSC01264.jpg

bit of a patch where its been welded in the past -

DSC01265.jpg

Subframes in and ready, cant wait till the buckets are in now! -

DSC01267.jpg

audi a6 3.0tdi
Good work :) i need those subframes i've got welded in mounts but when used with sidemounts my head hits the roll cage. Gaz said he'd weld in some lower mounts but sliders would be good.