ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

JDM Dc2
woooooo, finally fitted, not took a pic of it on the car as it was literally 5 mins ago when i just fitted and its dark, only took this pic before we drilled out the threads -

new.jpg

now it looks like the engine is leaning VERY slightly down to the right LOL... gonna get some new M10 nylock nuts tmoz anyways so ill get 2 washers aswell then it should be fine
smile.gif
, still need a new lower engine mount/torque link as the rubbers missing out of mine so the engine rocks like mad so wont really tell a difference till thats sorted

JDM Dc2
woooooo, finally fitted, not took a pic of it on the car as it was literally 5 mins ago when i just fitted and its dark, only took this pic before we drilled out the threads -

new.jpg

now it looks like the engine is leaning VERY slightly down to the right LOL... gonna get some new M10 nylock nuts tmoz anyways so ill get 2 washers aswell then it should be fine
smile.gif
, still need a new lower engine mount/torque link as the rubbers missing out of mine so the engine rocks like mad so wont really tell a difference till thats sorted.

Is the engine the same in the next shape Zetec-S? Some spotty youth tried it on earlier, I wasn't taking the bait at first then saw his awful 5foot bore exhaust and thought clearly he'll be saying how he wasted a ZR to his mates down Mac D's. I was sat on his tail on half throttle and all you could hear was power draining out of his horrible exhaust lol.

JDM Dc2
Just thought id copy and paste the current spec and plans over from zsoc -

EDITED 31-10-09

Here's the Currnet Spec and my Plans -

Engine :
  • 1.6 Zetec SE Phase 2 engine;
  • Jenvey throttle bodies, 40mm bodies, 40mm trumpets, 20mm trumpet spacers;
  • Shawspeed Inlet Manifold;
  • Vauxhall c20xe injectors;
  • Omex 600 ECU with rev limit set at 7.8k;
  • Shawspeed SS4 cams;
  • Big valve head;
  • HD Piper valve springs;
  • HD ARP big end bolts;
  • Shawspeed Baffled sump;
  • Webber 3.5bar fuel pressure regulator;
  • Magnacore 8.5mm HT leads;
  • Denso iridum spark plugs;
  • Pipercross 600 series filter;
  • Mocal Oil catch tank.
  • Samco hoses all round;
  • FRP gearbox;
  • Shawspeed lightened flywheel;
  • Helix Organic clutch;
  • Miltek 4-2-1 manifold;
  • Custom De-Cat;
  • Piper Cat-Back with mid-box removed and custom 2.5" tip;
  • Vibra-Technics lower engine and gearbox mounts...
156bhp @ 7200rpm... 120ft lbs @ 6500 at the fly...
131bhp... 115ft lbs at the wheels.

Chassis:
  • 15'' Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 in gloss black;
  • Toyo T1r tyres;
  • 300mm focus ST170 discs;
  • Mk3 mondeo callipers;
  • EBC Red stuff pads;
  • Goodbridge braided hoses all round;
  • Weitec GTN coilovers;
  • 10mm axel spacers;
  • OMP front upper strut brace;
  • Welded in rear strut brace/harness bar.
Exterior:
  • Smoothed boot lid;
  • Black roof, bonnet insert, bumper strips, mirrors and spoiler;
  • Silver door handles;
  • Removed side strips;
  • De-tangoed headlights;
  • Smoked side reps;
  • Euro Rear light;
  • Laguna splitter;
  • Removed fog lights;
  • Freestyle grill;
  • Black sun strip;
  • Aero wipers;
  • Red ZSOC and Shawspeed stickers.
Interior:
  • Fully Stripped apart from dash and heater;
  • No door skins or boot skin;
  • OMP half cage welded in;
  • Sparco Sprint 5 buckets;
  • TRS 4-point 3" all round harnesses;
  • OMP deep-dish steering wheel;
  • Puma gear knob;
  • Hand-held fire extinguisher;
  • Battery.
Weight is around the 860kgs mark...

Plans:
  • Oil pressure and Water temp gauges (fitting over the next week once the sensors are done);
  • Powerflex Rear Polybushes (got need fitting);
  • Another set of wheels for track use with R888s (got wheels just need the tyres);
  • New OMP lower strut barce (waiting for it in the post);
  • better coilovers...

Last edited:
  JDM Dc2
Is the engine the same in the next shape Zetec-S? Some spotty youth tried it on earlier, I wasn't taking the bait at first then saw his awful 5foot bore exhaust and thought clearly he'll be saying how he wasted a ZR to his mates down Mac D's. I was sat on his tail on half throttle and all you could hear was power draining out of his horrible exhaust lol.

yeh in a mk6 but a different ecu and there 99bhp not 101 for some reason, and the weigh quite abit more too and there redline is at 6k and in a mk5 its at 6.8k for some reason lol

Fair enough. Wondered why I gained on him so quickly lol. This thing was lowered on some awful suspension too, looked like it was going to bounce him into the fields just in a straight line!

BMW M5 & E36
Looking forward to seeing it at RSTuning if i come. What do we think, 130/140atf if the other place seem to over read?

JDM Dc2
Picking 2 new T1rs up in abit which i orderd sunday and they came this morning when i was in bed lol

also going to get the new temp sensor and adapter for the sump from jon @ shawspeed

lower strut brace should be here by weekend

now to get everything done and fitted and gauges wired up before next friday lol

AB 182 & BG 182
yeh it was chris'... come a very long way since then ;)

oh and wouldnt say very well looked after at all tbh!

honestly the way he went on about it think he had given birth to it. glad to see youve brought it on to fulfil its potential!

he was a bit of a pikey too so Rob told me at uni ha!

JDM Dc2
honestly the way he went on about it think he had given birth to it. glad to see youve brought it on to fulfil its potential!

he was a bit of a pikey too so Rob told me at uni ha!

yeh he is lol, worse than me lol... the amount of bodge jobs and problems etc etc i cant even remember, f0xy will tell you too lol

how is rob?... not heard from him in a while?...

AB 182 & BG 182
yeh he is lol, worse than me lol... the amount of bodge jobs and problems etc etc i cant even remember, f0xy will tell you too lol

how is rob?... not heard from him in a while?...

haha bloody pikey

last time i spoke to him he was fine, randomly ended up on same course sat next to each other on coach going on a trip with uni got talkin about cars and realised we both had zs

JDM Dc2
well just had these fitted on the front -

Image004-25.jpg

as one had an egg init and thought it'd be best just to change both fronts rather than just the one and i'm just gonna give the old one to f0xy...

also just changed oil and filter using this oil (15w 40) and fitted the oil temp. sensor-

nbvc.jpg

all rerady for the rollers at RST on saturday, hopefully itll make the 150bhp mark on their rollers
smile.gif
, then sunday hopefully gonna get the gauges wired up if all goes to plan and also fit the lower strut brace if its arrived by then, then bring on oulton next friday
boxing.gif

JDM Dc2
Car made 140bhp @ 6500, 123 lbs ft. @ 4500... really happy with the torque but not happy with the power tbh was expecting around the 150 mark as its made 155 and 156 on other rollers... happy with the graphs tho sure f0xy will post them up soon as hes had time to scan them

JDM Dc2
jon @ shawspeed has just said that theres a problem with the bodies, either they arent getting on full throttle or trhey need balancing again :(... otherwise the power atf wouldve kep[t rising to near the 150 mark and then dropped back down again slightly after 7.25k like it did on the past 2 rollers

JDM Dc2
car is on axel stamnds atm ready for tmoz as my stut brace arrived today so im gonna get that fromt he post office tmoz after work and get that fitted and also along with a new lower engine mount which i got off OldDan last night (cheers dan)... so hopefully thatll stop all the engine movem,ent and stop the exhaust from blowing every other week lol...

also me, f0xy and another mate wired up the gauges last night, Oil temp. one is spot on but the Oil pressure one is getting a bad earth which i think is because i put a little bit of PTFE tape on all the threads on the braided hose kit so tmoz gonna take it all apart take the tape off and hopefully thatll sort it
smile.gif

JDM Dc2
LOL. Typical ford leaking in water.

just like the mk1 sunroofs lol

Im sure it wouldnt leak if it wasn't for the fact hes made it into the worlds biggest collander.

lol, but there are not holes on the exterior bodywork are ther... lol

Sorted the pressure gauge, reads at 5bar at 50-60degrees... not driven the car yet to see how it goes like on full throttle and warm idle etc etc...

also fitted the new strut brace -

Image037-4.jpg

theres about 5-6mm between the gearbox and the new lower strut brace now as where with the old standard LH engine/gearbox mount there was like 2-3mm lol, glad thats sorted.

temp sensor is leaking from the sump plug tho very slightly, no oil on the drive but just a tear or oil hanging down from it lol, nipped that up a touch.

:D

JDM Dc2
Just got back very tired lol, was a good day all in all only had one 'moment' really that was at the first corner old hall when i got more than sideways and just powered out of it lol... apart from that was a good learning curve today and i cant wait for the next one at oulton
smile.gif

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0737.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

JDM Dc2
cheers for that vid jord!!

The plan now is to get some more weight saving done as the car felt slow with a passenger and running out of steam at 6.5k isnt going to help either, but before i get it booked in for mapping again few things where i can get a few Kgs saved...

Starting with the dash -

Image052-2.jpg

Image051-5.jpg

all ready to come out now just need another set of hands to hold the dash whilst i undo the loom and heater ducts from the back of the dash or vise versa... not in any rush to get it done but will hopefully be coming out weds/thurs... the plan is to remove the rest of the sound proofing and deadening, get rid or the airbag and speaker wires as they're no longer needed, cut all the metal strengthening bars out from the dash (basically anything thats not needed)... then im planning on cutting the dash and getting rid of the glove box.

JDM Dc2
Dash removed and the rest of the sound proofing -

Image055-6.jpg

Wires cut out which are no longer needed (airbag wires, rear speaker wires and the rest of the Omex wires) -

baevt.jpg

dash all cut up and ready to go back in -

bnsv.jpg

only just finished putting it back in so got no pics of it in yet... not drove the car since last friday so gonna go out for a blast later
cool.gif

mustve saved a good 5-6kgs in all... need to get it weighed in again soon should be near as makes no difference 850kgs now
smile.gif