ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

JDM Dc2
I've still not seen this car yet are you going to that meet on the 29th?

yep names on the list :D

was in a rush earlier as i had to go and just uploaded the first pics i seen lol... i did take one from stright facing...

before -

Image059-4.jpg

after
biggrin.gif

kmtnb.jpg

JDM Dc2
Much better imo

yeh me too :approve:

well just spent 193quid with zippyracing...
  • new OMP lower strut brace as the other was fooked;
  • Vibratechnics LH engine mount;
  • Powerflex rear beam poly bushes...
hopefully theyll be here in no time
smile.gif

Also from Mallory back in August...Clips taken from the DVD that was produced by RTOC of the day :)

[youtube]wqZWQhnrA0c[/youtube]

JDM Dc2
all the stuff arrived today from zippyracing but i was in bed at the time
doh.gif
, so gotta pick them up monday now... also picking up the rest of the stuff need fror the gauges and sensors from jon @ shawspeed tmoz, just removed the volt meter gauge and the old fan switch which never really worked anyways and just tidied up the wires ready for the oil temp. and pressure gauges to go in hopefully next saturday once ive done the sensors, changed the oil and filter, fitted new gearbox mount and lower strut brace then get the gauges wired up next saturday if all goes to plan
smile.gif

JDM Dc2
yeh is a mint pic altho i ended up being last out of the 4 of us going into gerrards, was very daunting on the first outing haha

JDM Dc2
just been the post opffice to pick the stuff up and only these were there -

bushes.jpg

bit gutted tbh as i had planned to do the engine mount, strut brace, oil & filter and both the sensors this after noon but change of plan now lol...

dont get i ordered them together and no strut brace or engine mount has turned up
huh.gif

fcuk sake! lol just tryed putting the temp sensor and adapter together before draining the oil and ive sheard off the temp sensor in the adapter lol... was really tight from the word go and now im gonna need a new adapter aswell as theres no chance of getting the sensor out of it lol... O well! lol gonna have to wait like another week for that now...

also got a new trumpet aswell as the other one was that bent form when removing the airbox lol...

old vs new -

newvsold.jpg

tada.jpg

also just to show the mint job on the exhaust, the welding is better than what piper did lol -

weldtip.jpg

old vs new -

japcan.jpg

hope the strut brace and engine mount are here tmoz! doubt it tho tbh lol

and just to show the new beast of a jack off lol

jack.jpg

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Looking good mate, still waiting for my first outing in this thing. You thinking of selling yours seats anytime soon?

JDM Dc2
Looking good mate, still waiting for my first outing in this thing. You thinking of selling yours seats anytime soon?

cheers mate!

was going to get some pro 2ks but not bothering no more these are staying :evil: lol

orite mate i have just got a fiesta zetec s mk5. whats the best induction kit to go for?

K&N panel filter

get yourself on ZSOC and get yourself known to everyone, all the stuff/help you need on there mate!

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Dam it! Don't suppose you know anyone who's selling some bucket seats do you or just one of the same seat you've got?

JDM Dc2
Dam it! Don't suppose you know anyone who's selling some bucket seats do you or just one of the same seat you've got?

dont mate no.. theres like 4 people off zsoc who are after these buckets aswell lol... youll be the first to know mate if i hear of anything!

JDM Dc2
just removed the engine/gearbox mount -

Image004-24.jpg

going to f0xys factory later to drill out the threads on the new mount and swap the mounts over into the housing
smile.gif

on another good point... just fitted the pressure sensor/sender/tee piece...

where the braided hose goes into the block -

nusbv.jpg

at the other end of the braided hose, everything connected together, this pic was took when the engine was running checking for leaks, not one
biggrin.gif
-

j8hgvy.jpg

this is where ive decided to put it to so that when we wire up the gauges to senders already pointing towards the bulk head to make it easy for the wiring to go onto the spade connector -

njd.jpg

jon @ shawspeed said the new temp sensor and adapter will be here by weekend, so ill get that done again soon as it arrives then get the gauges wired in probs next weekend now
biggrin.gif

im gonna order 2 new T1r tyres for the fronts as one has an egg init after hitting that kerb last week at the screwfox meet so i doubt its gonna be safe to do oulton lol and the other tyre is bald on the oustide wall after mallory... gonna get the R888s for the other wheels over winter ready for the trackdays next year
smile.gif

JDM Dc2
wednesday night -

well was in a vice and the press was pushing the mount with so much force its just sheared this part of the housing off -

gfsdufb.jpg

ive put it back on the car for now, should be fine all 3 bolts tighted as much as i can... going to go the scrappy in bait and will hopefully get one then gonna take it to an engineering place not too far from me and get him to press the old one out and the new one in and drill out the threads on the new VT mount probly in the week as it closes at 12 today...

temp senor hasnt turned up yet either

JDM Dc2
went the scrappy earlier, got a new housing off a mk4, cut the old mount out with a hack saw... then new mount in freezer, housing in oven on 75degrees for 3-4mins, then put copper grease on the inside the housing, then took the mount out the frezzer after 5-10mins of wacking it with a hammer its in, just need to drill out the threads on the new mount now then should be happy days (hopefully).

Whatever it makes, we all know its the 'true' power of it, considering 1*2's make correct power time and time again there. I.e. the best ones running 168-170bhp from a 172, and ~175bhp from a 182.........so under-reading isn't an issue, just an excuse for not getting the power you actually expected ;)

I think they print out both, as ATF is only a calculated guess after all. 131ATW is quite impressive for a 1600 (awaits the B16 lovers saying it's nothing). I know a lad with a 1.6 VVC conversion in a ZR running about the same.

JDM Dc2
Whatever it makes, we all know its the 'true' power of it, considering 1*2's make correct power time and time again there. I.e. the best ones running 168-170bhp from a 172, and ~175bhp from a 182.........so under-reading isn't an issue, just an excuse for not getting the power you actually expected ;)

what do ZS' make there? lol

People on ZSOC think that an exhaust and filter add 30bhp....so thats explains alot ;)

Everyone on there from a car with 105bhp standard, making 125bhp with just an exhaust bolted on and a K&N brap filter, without it even being mapped, is just clearly not possible. Hence why Awesome(fail)GTI over-read to death, and everyone thought their cars were running mint power from a few basic mods. But then they have a rolling road day at RSTuning, and start making 105-110bhp with their bolt on mods, and complain that its under-reading :lolup:

JDM Dc2
I think they print out both, as ATF is only a calculated guess after all. 131ATW is quite impressive for a 1600 (awaits the B16 lovers saying it's nothing). I know a lad with a 1.6 VVC conversion in a ZR running about the same.

B16 are standard and produce that, mine shouldt be that fast as everyone sees ZS' are slow, wich they are as standard, never had any fun with a EK9 for example, mines exactly the same speed through 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears agains jonffs 172 cup (ITG, cat-back and some sort of map with a raised limiter)...

yeh ill put mine on as i want to know the 'true' ft.lbs aswell with the trumpet sapcers on as awesome gti dont show the ft.lbs atf

JDM Dc2
People on ZSOC think that an exhaust and filter add 30bhp....so thats explains alot ;)

Everyone on there from a car with 105bhp standard, making 125bhp with just an exhaust bolted on and a K&N brap filter, without it even being mapped, is just clearly not possible. Hence why Awesome(fail)GTI over-read to death, and everyone thought their cars were running mint power from a few basic mods. But then they have a rolling road day at RSTuning, and start making 105-110bhp with their bolt on mods, and complain that its under-reading :lolup:

do they???????? for one, ZS' are 101 standard and two, ones with cat-backs and filters were makin 108bhp in march at RST.

and one person (jonny) made 125 bhp with a backbox and filter yeh lol and that wasnt at awesome, ZS' were making 123-124 at awesome, with full systems inc mani and de-cat and a bluefin which is bang on.

Weather it be 101 or 105, do I care, no.

There you go then, they were moaning about 108bhp or thereabouts being low and the rollers under-reading in the thread they had on ZSOC? LOLz, thats the correct power for minor bolt on mods, how they can expect to make more....that just shows what they are like!

Did anyone run a full system/mani/decat/chip at RST? I bet it made 115bhp or thereabouts, and not 123-124bhp. Getting 23-25bhp from those, with just a plug in generic chip that isnt custom for the car, from a fiesta which is only 101bhp standard, get real! That just shows how in-accurate Awesome really is :rolleyes:

JDM Dc2
Weather it be 101 or 105, do I care, no.

There you go then, they were moaning about 108bhp or thereabouts being low and the rollers under-reading in the thread they had on ZSOC? LOLz, thats the correct power for minor bolt on mods, how they can expect to make more....that just shows what they are like!

Did anyone run a full system/mani/decat/chip at RST? I bet it made 115bhp or thereabouts, and not 123-124bhp. Getting 23-25bhp from those, with just a plug in generic chip that isnt custom for the car, from a fiesta which is only 101bhp standard, get real! That just shows how in-accurate Awesome really is :rolleyes:

yeh mani, de-cat and panel filer made 114bhp at RST, people who were making 108 with just cat-backs and filters were jumoping and dancing all over the show cos of that they wernt mooaning, ill admit i moaned/or shall i say was gutted after my resulter there as with a sports cat and them piper cams mine made 119, did need that chip on tho as they were peaking at around 5.5k instead of 6.5k form what i was told.