ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

JDM Dc2
finished tidying everything up and this is how it looks -

kyh.jpg

still doesnt look THAT tidy but its so much better than it was -

Image058-5.jpg

new position for the boot release -

cjjx.jpg

also took the lagoona splitter off too!!

Last edited:
  Artic 182
Quality Job your doing there, dont see enough fiesta's on track.

Only constructive critisism i will offer is the bonnet, drop it because it does nothing! Its a negative airzone so no air will be drawn from it.

JDM Dc2
Quality Job your doing there, dont see enough fiesta's on track.

Only constructive critisism i will offer is the bonnet, drop it because it does nothing! Its a negative airzone so no air will be drawn from it.

Thanks! :D

and ive only got the bonnet like that cos i like the look of it and it lets all the hot air out of the bay when stationary

JDM Dc2
well picked some new seats up earlier (whitleleys)... did 50mpg over 250miles in the 1.25 lol...

one in for tnite as i cant be bothered fitting the other in the dark and rain -

ntsb.jpg

md.jpg

in that bottom pic looks like the seat has got its lean on to the right, will have a look at it properly tmoz

could do with a smaller steering wheel now lol

Mk1 F4R
looks good mate when do i get my side mounts off you and do you want to buy my fk coilovers and the sparco steering wheel and momo boss ;)

JDM Dc2
looks good mate when do i get my side mounts off you and do you want to buy my fk coilovers and the sparco steering wheel and momo boss ;)

coilovers no thanks these will do me

and will bring them sidemounts out when i get/find a 6mm allen key lol

and want to see if i can get the old wheel of first as there all rounded off :mad:

JDM Dc2
both in -

Image053-4.jpg

Image052-3.jpg

just wish they could go a touch lower... forgot to say they are Sparco Circuit VTRs on Fiesta Mk3.5 subframes and sparco side mounts
smile.gif

Just do it properly and weld four bars into the floor, sack the runners off completely, its height that does not even need to be there.

Set it up and weld the bars in so its how you like drive it position wise, then bolt the side mounts to those. If you need to move it forward or back slightly, the sidemounts give enough adjustment, but if you do it right in the first place you will never need to. "Do it once, do it right."

Give a f**k about anyone else driving it and not being in the right position? No. Its not their car!

JDM Dc2
Just do it properly and weld four bars into the floor, sack the runners off completely, its height that does not even need to be there.

Set it up and weld the bars in so its how you like drive it position wise, then bolt the side mounts to those. If you need to move it forward or back slightly, the sidemounts give enough adjustment, but if you do it right in the first place you will never need to. "Do it once, do it right."

Give a f**k about anyone else driving it and not being in the right position? No. Its not their car!

yeh may do in the futre.. see how these feel to drive in/with first... its the pads on the seats lift your legs right up unlike the old ones, looking over the steering wheel is exactly how it was about right... just that these are so much more deeper than the others

JDM Dc2
New camera came through the post today so couldnt have asked for it to arrive at a better time tbh...

Been meaning to do this for a lonnnngg time...

the tools -

DSC00005.jpg

Started (blood everywhere lol) -

DSC00003.jpg

Progress -

DSC00007.jpg

Finished -

DSC00010.jpg

thats as mush as im going to do as i cba fitting bonnet pins (yet) and dont want it to flap every where on the corners.

Picked up some goodies from jon last night... Mocal 13 row oil-cooler, 2m of hose, fittings, thermostatic sanwich plate and a focus oil filter -

DSC00015.jpg

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Why didn't you tell me you were selling your bukcets? I told you I wanted some!

JDM Dc2
Why didn't you tell me you were selling your bukcets? I told you I wanted some!

you only wanted one and it was like a last minute thing when i decided to bid on whiteleys :D and a lad off zsoc wanted these too so thought they would be baest for him as there already on the mounts and runners for a fiesta etc etc

JDM Dc2
For temproary till i get bars welded into the floor ive had these cushions made instead of the standard ones which kick your legs right up at the front of the seat...

before -

DSC00016.jpg

now (still need to get used to this bloody cmaera lol) -

DSC00017.jpg

the difference -

DSC00018.jpg

gonna get them covered in some black cloth of some sort next week but the driving position is sooooooooo much better now sat a little more lower down and my feet feel perfect at the pedals now pointing right at the instead of from like above as it was with them sparco ones on... also makes the seats deeper with these new cushions in
smile.gif

just a few random pics...

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh for the love of god thank you for buying a camera!

I love it! The steering wheel looks high in comparison to the seats. I'm guessing you can't move the wheel at all.

JDM Dc2
Oh for the love of god thank you for buying a camera!

I love it! The steering wheel looks high in comparison to the seats. I'm guessing you can't move the wheel at all.

just wish i turned the flash off tho in them pics... and the steering wheel is at a perfect height now with these new cushions on lol

steering wheel is too high for me imo, fees abit like a truck one with it being so high compared to the driving position. just what i thought when i had a go with the old seats, cant coment now on the new ones, my only critisism really. love the rest of course!

JDM Dc2
Went to the scrappy and there were no mk4/5s with AC so i thought id take my bumper off and find the best place for it... mounted with trusty 5mm tie wraps lol gonna get some 7 or 8mm ones tho soon, also removed the lower grill from the bumper too -

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

hopefully by sunday itll be all in and piped up etc

JDM Dc2
Thought it'd be best to remove the bumpere to do the sandwich plate, redo the oil cooler and size up the hoses... so off AGAIN...

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

New 8mm ties -

DSC00083.jpg

Sandwich plate and new focus oil filter fitted -

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

Got 2 of the fittings on last nite, cant do them withput a vice there that tight, also cut to shape and ready to do the other 2 later -

DSC00088.jpg

JDM Dc2
working in the rain ftl!

DSC00093.jpg

hoses all connected, crap pic like as i forgot before i put the bumper back on lol -

DSC00095.jpg

Started car up for like 15-20mins let it get upto 85ish degrees, letting it cool down now atm before i check the oil again as itll probs need topping up another 1/4litre or so as the oil doesnt start flowing through the pipes and cooler until the stat opens at 80degs, no leaks so far anyways!

JDM Dc2
Oil cooler is great never goes over 80degrees once on the move, cant wait for the trackdays next year now, will be able to do proper sessions now lol...

Whilst i went to watch a mate yesterday at Oulton Park on a trackday, i weighed my car and it weighs 880kgs, exactly the same as it was last time i weighed it but since then ive added the team dynamics wheels and the cage so there around 10-15kgs added so that proves that ive lost at least 10-15kgs over the last couple of months, will be around 875kgs with standard wheels on... 875kgs/155bhp = 177bhp/tonne... My other mate also weighed his car too (95%standard) and mine is exactly 100kgs lighter so that proves that ive lost around 100kgs aswell as adding a cage

quick short in-car vid as we were leaving oulton yeasterday in the wet lol -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO43zEToGGI