ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

JDM Dc2
Had ago at doing the engine mount earlier, tried slacking off the 10mm bolts where they go into the chassis, 3 came out fine but theres always one isnt there 10mm socked slipped on it, then wacked a 3/8 socket on and that rounded it too, so its like totally round now lol, gonna drill it out tmoz as thats the only way or to either gring the head off the bolt but theres not enough space for the grinder to fit in the space so drill it outs is the only way me thinks.

JDM Dc2
Done the mount.

Fistly drilled the head of the bolt that was rounded off starting with 2mm then 3mm etc etc -

DSC00435.jpg

once i snapped the head off i undone the arch lining and undone the rest of the bolt -

DSC00437.jpg

Old vs New Vibratechnics one -

DSC00436.jpg

Done -

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

Just need to get another bolt now which ill sort tmoz.

Randomer of the bay
smile.gif

DSC00440.jpg

JDM Dc2
Went to the scrappy earlier and got another bolt for the mount and also got a Windscreen washer bottle cap off a mk4 as they come black instead of my painted one lol.

Also removed the front part of the centre section earlier as im going to get a proper custom de-cat made from Pipewerx in the morning.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I have been trying to call Pipewerx for the past few weeks...

I had the exhaust done on the Lupo there about a month ago and it has dropped.... need them to fix it again. Will give them a buzz tommorow.

JDM Dc2
I have been trying to call Pipewerx for the past few weeks...

I had the exhaust done on the Lupo there about a month ago and it has dropped.... need them to fix it again. Will give them a buzz tommorow.

answered straight away earlier lol

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Eh?! Maybe I'm ringing the wrong number. Odd. Will try them again tomorrow.

JDM Dc2
What's this running now?

• 1.6 Zetec SE Phase 2 engine;
  • Jenvey throttle bodies, 40mm bodies, 40mm trumpets, 20mm trumpet spacers;
  • Shawspeed Inlet Manifold;
  • Vauxhall c20xe injectors;
  • Omex 600 ECU with rev limit set at 7.8k;
  • Shawspeed SS4 cams;
  • Big valve head;
  • HD Piper valve springs;
  • HD ARP big end bolts;
  • Shawspeed Baffled sump;
  • Webber 3.5bar fuel pressure regulator;
  • Magnacor 8.5mm HT leads;
  • Denso iridum spark plugs;
  • Pipercross 600 series filter;
  • Mocal 13-row Oil cooler;
  • Mocal Oil catch tank;
  • Kenlowe lightweight cooling fan;
  • Samco hoses all round;
  • FRP gearbox;
  • Shawspeed lightened flywheel;
  • Helix Organic clutch;
  • Miltek 4-2-1 manifold;
  • Custom De-Cat;
  • Piper Cat-Back with mid-box removed and custom 2.5" tip;
  • Vibra-Technics Upper Engine, lower engine and gearbox mounts...
When mapped at Mikeanics - 155bhp @ 7250rpm... 119ft lbs. @ 6700rpm...

Awesome GTI - 156bhp @ 7200rpm... 120ft lbs @ 6500 at the fly...

RS Tuning - 140bhp @ 6500rpm... 123ft lbs. @ 4500rpm... (prolem with tachometer wire somewhere).

JDM Dc2
Just got back from Pipewerx in Ormskirk, had the new de-cat/mid section pipe made...

Old (2.5" bodged to the 2" piper) Vs New (2.25") -

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

Opened out to 59mm for it to slide over the Milletek manifold -

DSC00450.jpg

Reduced down to 2" to connect to the piper system -

DSC00449.jpg

Mint job
smile.gif

Cant wait to fit it... id go outside and fit it now but ermmm -

DSC00452.jpg

M

mini-valver

2"?? Thats to small IMO! Needs to be 2.25 all the way through.....

M

mini-valver

Thats what I mean. 2" Piper? Might aswell fit the standard system, lol.

JDM Dc2
whole system isnt 2 " tho really is it now, half of it 2.25, then about a mater of 2" then the back box, still good for 155bhp so meh, to get the 2.25" system you have to get the full piper system inc. manifold through pumabuild and i aint forking out 600quid just for the sake off a meter of the system 0.25" bigger lol

JDM Dc2
Well exhaust is sorted and sounding sweet again!

Whilst the car was running on axel stands the wheels were spinning and the nearside wheel is buckled slightly but what i dont understand is ive only drove the car 4 times (bout 100miles) since i had the wheel re-balanced and i cant remeber hitting anything bad or anything and doesnt feel buckled when driving
sleep.gif

Need a new VT lower engine mount/torque link too which im gonna order in a min.

Also where the driveshaft connects into the box on the near side theres alot of play (can push it in and out about 10mm)... also the housing on the back of the engine theres about 3-4mm play in that too so im gonna have AdamAndertons complete near side driveshaft inc. the part connected to the engine and the housing etc... will sort that when adam sells his engine as its stuck behind his car in the garage atm lol

Fkin hate cars one thing after another!

JDM Dc2
I went and bought a 32mm socket to check the Hub bolt, is tight as it should be so will have to change the complete nearside driveshaf inc. the housing on the rear of the engine right back to the box.

Removed the old VT lower engine mout earlier too ready for the new one, this is to show how much play there is, a good 2-3mm -

DSC00455.jpg

...so cant wait for the new one to arrive.

Also the interior floor is in abit of a state so thought id remove the rest of the sound deadening, what i can get to...

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

after them pics i wiped away the excess with white spirits and will give the rest a good clean and paint it when the weather gets a little better as it will only just get full of crap soon enough anyways.

JDM Dc2
Looks like its built for some abuse! Confident with the bottom end? I take it this isn't your daily driver?

will never be confident with bottom ends now tbh after when it went lol... but the current bottom end only has around 12k on it so yeh suppose ive gotta trust it havent i lol

yeh got a MK4 fez 1.25 in purple with no PAS for the daily lol

JDM Dc2
Just bought a none PAS steering rack off ebay as i wanna remove the PAS to save abit more weight and to tidy up the bay even more, so that should be here by thursday... gonna go ford this afternoon and get a none PAS aux belt, and some new track rod ends
smile.gif

JDM Dc2
Got a new none PAS and AC aux. belt earlier and some new track rod ends.

Also got some new spark plugs and a new coil pack as i havent changed them since owning the car yet.

Also got some gearbox oil ready for when i do the driveshaft on the rear of the enigne, thatll be getting done once the PAS has been removed etc and the new ower engine mount fitted.

Tmoz im gonna drain the fluid, remove all the PAS pipes and the aux. belt, and loosen the subframe ready for it to be removed when i have another pair of hands for when the new rack arrives :D

lol, you got a fez as a daily with no power steering, and a track one with. ideally you would like the track one without and the daily with, so you just bought a non power steering one? coulddnt you have just swapped them over and improved both cars?

JDM Dc2
Love this car :)

thanks, appreciate it :D

lol, you got a fez as a daily with no power steering, and a track one with. ideally you would like the track one without and the daily with, so you just bought a non power steering one? coulddnt you have just swapped them over and improved both cars?

both without PAS FTMFW!

hardly an easy job doing one nevermind swapping, plus need the 1.25 as back up incase i need to go get summat or nip out, the ZS is on axel stands atm and is staying on now till my new lower engine mount arrives and when the rack arrives ;)

cant wait to get cracking :D

JDM Dc2
Well today...

Started by removeing all the PAS pipes and the aux. belt and the pump inself -

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

Then whilst waiting for f0xy to come round i removed the anti-roll bars form the coilovers and the track rod ends... then when he arrived we got on with removing the exhaust de-cat pipe and milltek manifold -

DSC00476.jpg

then dropped the gear linkages then removed the subframe and rack -

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

as we were removing the manifold both the bottom nuts were loose and the lambda sensor was snapped -

DSC00475.jpg

so im gonna nip pipewerx to get the de-cat pipe reduced 1mm and to also get a new lamba sensor one afternoon this week.

also gonna need to go ford and get the other pully which goes on the rear of the block which i didnt realised i needed when removing the PAS, and will also get a new manifold gasket and nuts for the manifold where it tightens to the head.

Big thanks for the help from f0xy today once again!!

Lambda was already broke, I went to unplug it before removing the manifold and the wires where just hanging there!