ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

JDM Dc2
The graphs from today -
power29-1-10.jpg

torque29-1-10.jpg

JDM Dc2
Couple of randomers from me, Riad and one from Ian...

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x620 and weights 263KB.
4319122553_7ea7585e89_b.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x542 and weights 283KB.
4319125949_c6ba88caec_b.jpg

4319211891_a318608844.png

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

To do list -
  • R888s for the ZS (track) wheels (need before the trackday on the 24th);
  • Front section for the cage making;
  • Rails/bars welded in for the buckets to bolt lower and slightly further back;
  • Sort the driveshaft (gonna do sometime this week);
  • Get bonnet sprayed silver or black cant decide...
mostly just enjoy it on Trackdays this year
w00t.gif

JDM Dc2
Love it!

Id say Silver bonnet tbh :)

cheers!

and when at work we move sites and ill know my jobs safe and lots of work on etc im gonna get a Carbon Fibre one, will know in about 4weeks!

Well since fitting the coil pack i mustve dislodged the coolant sensor inbetween spark plugs 2 & 3 so the water temp gauge hasnt been working since, so i just removed it then plugged it back on/in, started the car let it warm up, sorted :approve:

Also noticed the manifold has a slight crack at the top of one of the primaries so ive rang pipwerx and im gonna take my car there next friday and there gonna tig weld it for me.

Swapped the jenvey sticker on the bootlid for a Mikeanics one too lol.

Tmoz if it aint raining gonna get the car up on axel stands and disconnect track rod end, drop link and Lower arm/ball joint all ready to do the driveshaft on sunday once ive got a new CV boot and clips etc, theres nothing up with the boot atm but seems as i need to do the driveshaft mayswell do the boot to to be on the safe side :D

JDM Dc2
Done the driveshaft and also changed the gearbox oil too this is the only pic i managed to get as i had CV grease everywhere -

DSC00602.jpg

Then took it for a drive and theres a slight knocking coming form the driveshaft where it enters the hub, probs due to there being play init for so long.

Then swapped the bracket over on the Gearbox where the lower engine mount bolts onto...

Old bent one on the left Vs New one on the right -

DSC00599.jpg

fitted with the proper Vibratechnics spacers instead of the M10 washers lol -

DSC00601.jpg

BMW E36 328
That was a very interesting read mate, love the car, i never knew that what happened to your old one :dapprove:

JDM Dc2
yeh but just from reading and looking through the pics your current car is amazing, would you have put itb's on your black one?

Probably yeh but when i had it i was only on an apprentice wage at the time lol, and was standard when i got it but if i wouldve done research i wouldve NEVER done half the things i did to that (show cage, 16s, fast road cams etc etc), but yeh love this fez, was abit ragged around the edges when i got it but its in ship shape now :D

Not much to update on the car really, gonna go get the manifold sorted friday after work (they cant do it any earlier) then i can use it again.

JDM Dc2
update...

On saterday the Black ph1 ZS wheels which i bought off AdamAnderton intened to only use them for track wheels are going to be swapped with a mates silver ph1 wheels as he wants some black ones and i dont mind swapping them with him...

then half an hour ago just noticed someone on ZSOC is selling his 15" TD 1.2s in gloss black, bingo!, just what im after as a set of track wheels as the ZS wheels are a little too close to the brakes imo, so swapping the wheels on sunday with cash his way, cant wait
w00t.gif
!

Might order some R888s next week too
smile.gif

Also cars booked in for 3pm on thursday at pipewerx to get the manifold sorted as its slightly cracked.

A SIXTH SET OF 1.2S???

christ riggerz, ever heard of variation?? im sick of the sight of them now, wanna get rid of mine and get something completely different.

JDM Dc2
Thought you had to wait to see if your job is safe first before spending all your money :S

all!? :S

A SIXTH SET OF 1.2S???

christ riggerz, ever heard of variation?? im sick of the sight of them now, wanna get rid of mine and get something completely different.

sixth? 4th you mean lol, the reason im getting them AGAIN is i know they give great clearnce over the breaks and i still love the look of them and for what it works out 340 for a near new set i think its a good deal.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I hate 1.2's but each to their own.

Looking good mate.

JDM Dc2
I hate 1.2's but each to their own.

Looking good mate.

cheers!

6Th, 4th, same diffetence haha. I want some TH lines.

wouldnt suit a mk1 imo, and for mine they dont really offer any brake cooling do they specially with my brakes and dont wanna run any ducts to them.

Just saved a few more grams with getting rid of the interor light and the wires and the ugly clips up the A pillar lol and the elecy window passenger switch.

JDM Dc2
Manifolds sorted now but had to remove the OMP upper strut brace to get better access to it without taking it off but it was only self-tappered on anyways LOL, so im gonna re-fit it tmoz using M8 bolts and nylock nuts.

JDM Dc2
whats coming next?

To do list -
  • Pick up the team dynamics pro race 1.2s on sunday;
  • R888s for them;
  • Front section for the cage making;
  • Rails/bars welded in for the buckets to bolt lower and slightly further back;
  • Aerocatches for the bonnet and remove the rest of the inner skin and bonnet catch.
and just give the car a general going over ready for the trackday on the 24th.

BMW E36 328
you not gona go all the way like jord plastic windows no heating lol, how come your changing your wheels again jamie

JDM Dc2
you not gona go all the way like jord plastic windows no heating lol, how come your changing your wheels again jamie

im not changing wheels lol, track wheels only, 2 sets of 1.2s ftw!!

and nah keepng the heater as i dont know if ill want to brake the car after this year or keep it for a little longer so wouldnt mind the heater in for next winter and for the summer when the windows steam up when it rains, and cba with plastic windows, i like elecy windows gotta have one luxury thing ;) welll the seats are pretty luxury too lol :approve:

Mk1 F4R
im not changing wheels lol, track wheels only, 2 sets of 1.2s ftw!!

and nah keepng the heater as i dont know if ill want to brake the car after this year or keep it for a little longer so wouldnt mind the heater in for next winter and for the summer when the windows steam up when it rains, and cba with plastic windows, i like elecy windows gotta have one luxury thing ;) welll the seats are pretty luxury too lol :approve:

hmm yeh suppose, i agree electric windows and heaters ftw lol

Hmmmmmm is it a track car or not ;)

JDM Dc2
i reckon red pro race 1.2 track wheels ;)

so do i but cant justify the money fopr them to be powdercoated and dont want to ruin them by doing them myself.

Hmmmmmm is it a track car or not ;)

sigh!

Strut brace is done, cut the part off where it catches the coolant header tank, then re-painted it then fitted... also nipping to jon @ shawspeed tmoz too to get the decel turned off for abit of fun and i just want to see what it pops and bangs like with the map being 100% spot on now :D

JDM Dc2
Not much to update on as ive been busy at work this week...

As Bren has got hold of a Black bonnet i think i gonna have his silver one if i like the look of it on mine, then wack some aerocatches on it and remove the bonnet catch and all the inner skin this time!...

On the way to the NW meet last night cruising at 50 on the motorway all of a sudden the water temp and the tachometer gauges go to zero then 2 mins later form being red-hot air as it should be too bloody freezin, when i got to the petrol station checked all the hoses were hot and just unplugged and pulled back in the hcv, then all was fine form then on, interesting!...

Since jon altering the fuel decel load on saterday its using quite alot of fuel atm lol, managed to get like 50 miles to 1/4 of a tank thats motorway driving last night lol...

Only 6 more sleeps now till the next wednesday, since the last one at Outon back in november ive been bloody dieing to get back out there, cant waaaiiit!!

JDM Dc2
Well tried and tested the bonnet and not a fan of it tbh, looks like theres something missing imo -

DSC00665.jpg

so removed and removed the filter for some pics, makes me really want the bonnet on four aercatches now so i can remove it when needs be...

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

so then put the normal one back on and gave the car a good clean, looks so much batter than a standard bonnet imo...

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

Just filled the car ready will all the stuff needed for the trackday on weds, just need to fill the jerry can now then good to go :D.

i hate to say it as i have never been the biggest fan of that bonnet...

looks better with your bonnet on, its grown on me alot! looks naked withjust the silver lol

get the aero catches

JDM Dc2
i hate to say it as i have never been the biggest fan of that bonnet...

looks better with your bonnet on, its grown on me alot! looks naked withjust the silver lol

get the aero catches

dont have to hate to say it, i didnt like it at first but as you said its grown on me.

and yes aerocatches is the next oan after the trackday on weds.

A quality ZS - keep the black bonnet. But make it fit properly this time ;)

Cheers mate, and no i keeping the raisers :approve:

you coming down on wednesday then or?...

BMW E36 328
ahh ryt lol, im gona get a set but not sure what colour to get, was gona get black but black on black hmmmmmmm