ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

JDM Dc2
Well rang mike at Mikeanics earlier and he said there doesnt need to be a lambda sensor on as he uses his own one which he places in the exhaust tip...

Been to pipewerx and had the de-cat reduced slightly so thats perfect...

Picked up the rear tensioner/pulley earlier too...

Then i went to ford and ive ordered a new exhaust manifold gasket, the 4 nuts and 1 bolt to fit the manifold to the head and also the studs and nuts to mount the reartensioner/pulley...

Also im picking up my new lower VT engine mount from jons later
smile.gif

JDM Dc2
Went picked up the new VT mount off jon last night and went picked up all the bits from ford earlier...

Just been out in the sleet fitting the new rear tensioner/pulley and new aux. belt and also re-fitted headlight and front grille back on too.

Hopefully the none PAS rack will be here tmoz with abit of luck.

williams and trophy
A 100% standard williams made 150 on RST's iirc, spot on what it left the factory with, even 15yrs down the line, same with some of the 182's/172s.....where as there are a couple on here took theirs to awesomegti and tdi north, and put out high 180's and low 190's with a 100% standard car lol, never been anywhere near true, considering most of the sports always make high 160s when they leave the factory...

Either way rolling roads mean nothing, inlet temps change, atmosphere changes.....its all about power down onto the road, real world driving.....on track, even all this 1/4 mile times are just ghey, if i wanted a quick qtr id buy a 4wd car with silly power.....real world situations ftw ;)

lol....a decent williams will put out around 155-160 as standard. has been proven many times on many diff rollers....they ALWAYS come up with the goods. 172s ALWAYS ran around the 160-165 mark which is about spot on tbh on same rollers.

as you say tho....1/4 mile is a good indication of the cars acceleration, and nothing else. tracks where its at for anything more.

JDM Dc2
Racks still not turned up! was meant to arrive tues/weds, and still aint here!!

Just spoke to the ford place wheres its coming from in brum... some reason the post office retured it to them so they have re-sent it out again first class and they said it should be here this weds/thurs with abit of luck!

JDM Dc2
Well the rack arrived today (a day earlier than they said lol) whilst i was at work so i went to pick it up at 4.30...

Got home and didnt waste any time so removed the PAS rack form the subframe, side by side to show the size difference -

DSC00478.jpg

then fitted the new none-PAS rack to the subframe then got it up on 2 jacks under the car (absolute ball ache as it kept falling off), once i got it to the correct height i slid the manifold between the gap i made then raised the subframe up then tightened it up to the car etc etc... then followed the ball joints/lower arms, gear linkages and the drop links fitted, then tried to do the lower engine mount but cos i bent the cast of the box itself when i fitted the old VT mount with no spacers side by side and now its bent that much i cant even squeexe on in lol, so will have ti just get 2 M10 penny washers and they'll do...

after all that i then tri3d to fit the steering coloum to the rack inside the car then i found out the bottom links of the coloum where its joints the rack its completey different to the PAS one so ill have to go a scrappy tmoz and pick one of them up.

Once ive been and got the penny washers and that bottom part of the steering coloum will then just need to fit them then do the track rod ends and the complete exhaust.

Didnt take many pics as i was just getting on with it so i just took this about half 7 when i finished for the night lol -

DSC00480.jpg

Roll on tmoz!... depending on what time i get home from work ill hopefully have it all done and road worthy by this time tmoz night
smile.gif

JDM Dc2
wtff, should have give me a ring!

oh btw, i got something coming for mine soon ;)

you said ring you sunday if i was doing it but i did fk all sundayas it didnt arrive till yesterday, and last night thought you had football on tuesdays!?...

cool text you in a min lol...

Went to the scrappies to get the bottom part of the steering coloum, on the right compared to the PAS one on the left -

DSC00483.jpg

Then got home and fitted it, perfect!

On my way home i nipped to B&Q and got a pack of M10 washers for either side of the VT mount, fitted -

DSC00485.jpg

Then onto the manifold... new gasket -

DSC00486.jpg

Fitted with the new nuts and bolt, while i was under the car i re-fitted the wire for the Oil-temp snsor too -

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

got these from the scrappy too so now i can get rid of my sprayed gloss black ones lol -

DSC00484.jpg

De-cat and track rod ends to do tmoz
smile.gif

Doubt Il be going this year, complete waste of time going last year, especially in mine, nothings changed in the 3 times ive been!

Id rather spend the money in fuel/entry/hotel on a trackday TBF.

JDM Dc2
continued...

De-cat and system fitted -

DSC00494.jpg

Then did the track rod ends (didnt take any pics of them tho).

Forgot to take a pic of that new rear tensioner, so here it is as it needed when your doing away with the PAS -

DSC00497.jpg

Bay with no PAS and the new windscreen washer bottle and coolant caps on
smile.gif
-

DSC00499.jpg

Then went for a drive to test everything, car started suprisingly okay after being just stood for over 2 weeks... we did the track rod ends too as close as we could and the steering wheels only about 1/8 out to the left so not too bad, and lol i couldnt get it in 5th or reverse gears as i had connected the gear linkage slightly wrong, sorted now tho...

now the steering, feels exactly the same as the little 1.25 even tho the wheels are like 40mm wider, soo much 'tighter' handling feel now if you get me, should be even better once the trackings all done saterday as the nearside wheel is toe-ing in very slightly... driving the car made me realise how good bodies sound after not driving the car for nearly 3 weeks
wub.gif

JDM Dc2
Ordered a new TD pro race 1.2 form Demontweeks earlier as my front ones that buckled it vibrates throught the steering wheel at 40+mph... that should be here by monday tweeks said.

Also just booked the days off work and the trackdays at Oulton Park on Wednesday 24th February and Friday 19th March :approve:

and.. cars booked it at 10am next friday at mikeanics to get the bodies balanced and it mapped again :D

JDM Dc2
Ordered a new TD pro race 1.2 form Demontweeks earlier as my front ones that buckled it vibrates throught the steering wheel at 40+mph... that should be here by monday tweeks said.
Also just booked the first trackday of the year for me at oulton on Wednesday 24th February :approve:

and.. cars booked it at 10am next friday at mikeanics to get the bodies balanced and it mapped again :D

edited!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe how much your lower strut brace clears the gearbox mines is like a ballhair away!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah it does look like it's raised quite a bit compared with mine mate.

Any reason for the mounts or just cause you were replacing anyway.

Dont hang about do ye? Looking good. That VT mount made much of a difference? Also, why the mapping again?

and, have you got any c-spanners i could lend? Lol

JDM Dc2
Ah it does look like it's raised quite a bit compared with mine mate.

Any reason for the mounts or just cause you were replacing anyway.

yeh as engine feels solid now with all 3 (should do as they cost like 340quid for them lol)

Dont hang about do ye? Looking good. That VT mount made much of a difference? Also, why the mapping again?

and, have you got any c-spanners i could lend? Lol

nope, gotta get stuff done you see ;)

i want the bodees balanceing again and want the mapping doing again as ive fitted the 20mm trumpet spacers and a slightly larger bore de-cat which replaced the restrictive blowing one since the last mapping session.

and im gonna change the coil pack and spark plugs sunday too so i know ALL things that refer to the engine are sorted as ive never changed plugs or the CP since owning the car.

and yes i have a C-spanner, should reply to my texts and ill let yer borrow it ;)

JDM Dc2
haha sorry
soundd, could do with picking it up before monday, but ill text ye anyways

nice won bruvva

still not replied... lol

Had the tracking done yesterday, feels great just when cornereing hard atm the wheels that buckled the cars all over the place lol, hopefully the new wheel will be here tmoz.

Picked up the driveshaft for the rear of his engine off Adam yesterday as mine got alot of play in the housing and leaks oil for the gearbox side, also got some Carlube Gear box oil -

DSC00506.jpg

Oh, same.

I thought you were on about the time when he apparently beat a 172 lol.

I told you before Jord, he cheated and dropped oil on my side of the road ;)lol.

Seriously though, I messed the launch up, to much throttle in damp/wet conditions. He wouldn't have another blast after he'd won that one though. lol. Obviously scared of losing because he knew I wouldn't mess the launch up again :rasp:

Last edited:
  JDM Dc2
I waved goodbye on the motorway :)

idve been worried if you didnt tbh!

i love it and as bren said its lots of fun so dont care what other people say/think tbh, think sim and donato wer there when i beat jonff, as already said 67494782359347 times i got the better start and we stayed the same gap all the way upto 90, as he will admit, obviosuly no-noe will believe me as this is a clio forum.

Wheel arrived bang on time today and was at a neighbours house when i got home from work -

DSC00511.jpg

then went to the local tyre place and got the tyre swapped over and then i fitted it wehen i got back -

DSC00512.jpg

Next on the list is change the coil pack and spark plugs tmoz ready for friday!

JDM Dc2
Just changed the spark plugs and coil pack as the plugs needed doing when i got the car 4k miles ago so thought it was about time, just standard ones as there been tried and tested and are well suficient -

DSC00514.jpg

Old vs new plug -

DSC00515.jpg

... well that was what 2 of the looked like the other 2 looked like this
ermm.gif
-

DSC00517.jpg

god knows why there like that, that was only on the threads tho the pistons were dry, so soaked up the crap form the threads on the head with these lol -

DSC00521.jpg

then fitted the coil pack and started first time
biggrin.gif
, roll on friday!

JDM Dc2
Mapped!...

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

quick vid of one of the power runs (not the best sound quality) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SePqq4C-X5A

Made: 157bhp @ 7600rpm
121 lbs/ft @ 5600rpm...

after a mate altering the map ages ago and turning the decel off it feels so much nicer and faster now and picks up really well, and still pops flames too with the decel on as bren witnessed
smile.gif

ticked over 90k on the way back too lol

DSC00540.jpg