ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so im going to say The 12/13th Sept for 3 nights & work around that Date weekend.
That could be interesting... it's entirely possible that you might bump into around 20 RS Clio 182 Trophys at some point... :p

That would be a good days driving IME. By the time you drive some roads, like the black mountains 4-5 times.
The Black Mountains is cool but not what is used to be - my personal preference and recommendation would be to consider driving it but I wouldn't stop so folks could take 4-5 runs along it. I think it would be better to spend some of that time enjoying other roads (unless, of course, folks do want to park up for a while and do the runs!) The 40mph limit and regular motorbike policing has kind of made it 'less fun'. I guess it will probably be best to get some names down and see what folks want to do. As already mentioned though... it's worth at least getting some sort of itinerary planned and down on paper beforehand.

I love Wales and driving round it so I could be interested in this, but I can't do weekend of 14th/15th, dammit.

Will keep an eye on the thread anyway!

IIRC the average speed cameras on the (now 40mph? :rolleyes: ) evo triangle should be operational well before September, unfortunately :(

September is very busy for me at work, but I may be a lengthy to sneak a few days off...

Put me in the maybe pile... once hotels are picked and numbers are in, I should have an idea of what dates I’ll be able to take.

Plus, I need to organise my Ireland trip still ?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I think Hotels etc will be down to individuals to choose & book.As will make it easier as some people may have different standards,as im happy to stay in a simple place for the night where others may not.As long as were all close or in the same area to the pub etc to all meet up thats what we want,to discuss routes etc and a few pints.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
How about meeting somewhere central like Bishops Castle (just as an example) near Shropshire?

It’s in the middle, then we can choose Brecon first, then some other places, followed by Snowdonia, or visa versa then back towards Shropshire, then Northerns go North, Southerners can go South and the distances are equal?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
How about meeting somewhere central like Bishops Castle (just as an example) near Shropshire?

It’s in the middle, then we can choose Brecon first, then some other places, followed by Snowdonia, or visa versa then back towards Shropshire, then Northerns go North, Southerners can go South and the distances are equal?

Sounds like a plan mate

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I think it would be a good idea to post this in the Wales section also, if it gets numbers up.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Will look into places to stay over the weekend and get stuff sorted confirmed.Will post details up and anyone else who wants to join us will have to sort there own accommodation etc if no room where we will be staying,sound like a plan?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Will look into places to stay over the weekend and get stuff sorted confirmed.Will post details up and anyone else who wants to join us will have to sort there own accommodation etc if no room where we will be staying,sound like a plan?
You booking for the confirmed people together? That works for me and I'm happy to pay any required deposits now.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe mate,depends if its a place where i can just book it and pay once there or something,as dont want to pay out for it and people drop out.Other way is just to post up the hotels etc & let you all book your own room unless some want to share a room to make it cheaper.Will prob look at hostels to & see if we can all stay in the same room together.

@OssPoop

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Also I will start a Whatsapp group for all the confirmed if all happy with that?.

I haven't really read any of this, can you just catch me up on what the plan is etc? I don't have a Clio lol, but always up for a drive and a meetup.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe mate,depends if its a place where i can just book it and pay once there or something,as dont want to pay out for it and people drop out.Other way is just to post up the hotels etc & let you all book your own room unless some want to share a room to make it cheaper.Will prob look at hostels to & see if we can all stay in the same room together.

@OssPoop
Also I will start a Whatsapp group for all the confirmed if all happy with that?.
I'm 100% gonna be there pal. I'd have to be on my death bed to miss out.

What's a what's app??

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
OK, if you have room for a Civic diesel then i'll be up for it. Might have to borrow a better car lol anyone got a spare Clio haha.

Just checked the work holiday situation and looks like i should be able to get the time off.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Good stuff mate,i'll prob just suggest places to stay unless i find a place we can all stay together & needs payment.Otherwise prob best if people book themselves.

I wonder if it’s possible to find a suitable place(s), by say the end of March.

@MrBlonde PM’s all those confirmed on a particular day, then we book individually so we don’t have the hassle of collecting deposits and all that ?

I’ve done it myself for holidays, and it’s a nightmare! Almost as bad as collecting money for Fantasy Football leagues ?