ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's F4R'd Dynamique Track Car

Evo 8 MR
Should sound how it's meant to now.

You know the rear exhaust mount did you buy that from a main dealer?

BMW E36 328
Should sound how it's meant to now.

You know the rear exhaust mount did you buy that from a main dealer?

LOL.... Not really heard it with the silenced de-cat on. But sounds alot louder from the inside :evil:

No i got given it by a friend and im not too sure where he got it from.

Evo 8 MR
LOL.... Not really heard it with the silenced de-cat on. But sounds alot louder from the inside :evil:

No i got given it by a friend and im not too sure where he got it from.

It's just that if it's not genuine Renault the exhaust will likely rattle it's arse off.

BMW E36 328
It's just that if it's not genuine Renault the exhaust will likely rattle it's arse off.

Not sure if its genuine or not tbh but it doesnt rattle at all. Didnt come in a renault packet or anything but its doing the job fine, no rattles or bangs.

Gave the car a final check over this morning as i probs wont have time to do much in the week, before mallory park on saturday. All thats left to do is to get the front tyres swapped over to some new t1r's and double check the tracking is fine.

BMW E36 328
Did my first trackday over the weekend sice the car has been built. Car ran smooth all day, handled well and nothing fell off. Great to catch up with a few people off here aswel.

However when i was about 5 mins from home i noticed that when i put my foot down flat the steering wheel started to shake quite bad. So the next day i decided to jack the car up and take a look, couldnt see anything wrong at first until i saw this...

P1020093.jpg

Dont know what has caused it as of yet. The Powerflex sleeve has been crushed and has come out of the wishbone, and the wishbone bolt has bent.

P1020094.jpg

P1020095.jpg

P1020096.jpg

P1020097.jpg

P1020098.jpg

After removing the wishbone i could see that the wole sleeve that was welded in had totally come loose and had been crushed.

P1020099.jpg

P1020100.jpg

P1020101.jpg

P1020102.jpg

A bit of damage to the subframe aswel but it doesnt look too bad

P1020103.jpg

Going to have a proper look when i get back from holiday. Rang powerflex and they will send me some new sleeves out for the wishbones. Dont have a clue what has caused it tho??

BMW E36 328
just a local guy i know. Wouldt have thought that was the cause of it tho?. Know a few people that have run them without welding them in in the past.

Trophy Turbo :)
i hate these bushes there crap!!! id rather replace with OEM!!!! dangerous if you ask me, it staed Tack weld them in place!!! shows what happenes

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
could be the cause, he probs didnt prep the area enough, on mine the guy has welded them in from both sides.

i thought not welding them in cause the sleeve to shred the bush?

I ran mine for a year without any weld whatsoever on them, and they never bent like that. They moved outwards but didnt deform completely. I welded mine up two years ago and they have been perfect since... IMO something is bent on Robs car and it needs checking

BMW E36 328
Will defo have to check over the subframe before the wishbone is put back on. Subframe slightly bent??

BMW E36 328
Yeah i know.... It shouldnt be the sleeves that are the problem various other people that have welded them in have never had a problem them. Something else must be bet/out of shape somewhere else i suspect. Alt least it held up all day for the trackday.

Ahhh first trackday first problem. Well at least i have a week and a half to get it sorted when i get back of holiday before cadwell park :dead:

BMW E36 328
Cheers Andy will have to come out in yours when i next see you at a trackday :D

Few bits to sort over the next couple of weeks, i have to miss the trackday at cadwell due to work commitmets :dapprove:, but Donnington is at the end of july so ive got a few bits and bobs to keep me going until then.

1. Sort the wishbone out - Rang powerflex and they are sending me out a new set of wishbone sleeves. Going to get those tack welded in as i did before, replace the wishbone bolt as that is slightly bent. Then im just going to run it at donnington and see what happens before i go changing the subframe.

2. Ordered a new V6 air box from Tom @ wests renault, so going to get that on.

3. Sort the driveshaft out as it has leaked abit of cv grease, need a smalle hose clip really. Cv grease on the way.

4. Sort out the leaking sump gasket, its not leaking alot but id rather sort it than leave it.

5. Fit a bias valve, as the rear of the car was abit livley at mallory park.

6. Fit my AST solid Topmounts, sort the tracking and camber and get two new front tyres fitted before Donnington.

Lol, it wasn't lively at all until I drove it.... you don't push it hard enough to warrant a bias valve yet :clown:

BMW E36 328
Well yes but.... in the event of me becoming a better/faster driver i warrant one lol..... yo just had to show my little beast up lol ;)

BMW E36 328
I have a brand new wilwood bias valve you can buy if you do need one.

Car looks great on track :)

Is the bias valve you have a lever valve or or the knob type valve?

Cheers chris its getting ther slowly lots more to do over the next few months.

BMW E36 328
When i returned home today i found that this tidy package was waiting for me, was supprised it came so quick as i only ordered it on monday afternoon from Tom @ Wests Renault.

P1020523.jpg

P1020522.jpg

P1020524.jpg

Its the first thing i have really bought for the car over the last few weeks. Started off using a ph1 airbox with a huge hole in the bottom, gave that back to the owner as it was only borrowed for a few weeks, months lol, then i used a BMC CDA Carbon airfilter for the trackday at Mallory Park.

P1020525.jpg

Just fitted it, had to put the blue bit of silicone hose back on as i have misplaced my red piece lol... going to order another piece up tonight off ebay.

P1020526.jpg

P1020527.jpg

Looks tidier with it on now. Really pleased with it.

I also ordered some polycarb windows, only ordered the front two for now as my front windows dont go down atm. Was really pleased with the price and they should arrive next thursday. Ordered them off them from the group buy off the forum ACW Motorsport as they seem to be a decent kit, and at a decent price. Got the polycarb in the garage to replace the sunroof aswel so will put that in at the same time.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-windows-Permanent-Discount-(NOT-A-GROUP-BUY)

BMW E36 328
Thanks mate whenever you want it. Its in the garage.........

Still waiting for powerflex to get those sleeves to me lol.... going to chase it up tomorrow :(

BMW E36 328
Well the sleeves finally cam from powerflex to after a week wait. Just need to get them welded into the wishbones which i will get sorted next week. Also picked up some new wishbone bolts aswel to replace the old ones as one of them was bent, so may aswel just replace them both.

P1020530.jpg

The cv grease so i can sort the driveshaft out

P1020529.jpg

So with abit of luck i should have the car back on all four wheels again this week.