ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof Rack for 172 Cup - question

Greetings,

I've sold my missus car which we previously used for karting the bikes around on. Now need to get a rack for the Cup. Given this weekend's forecast wish I had got this sorted earlier!

I did a search on hear and people were recommending the Thule kit. Prob is the foot pack for the rear it seems to fit in the rear windows - which of course dont open on the 172 Cup.

Will the Thule pack still fit the 172 Cup? If not can anyone please tell me the best roof rack option.

Thanks folks

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I have a Thule.

Yes it fits into the rear non-opening window. It looks like a dodgy way to do it, and the rear rack is a lot lower than the front, meaning that anything on the rack gets air under it and tries to lift. But Thule is the only brand that doesn't require drilling holes in the roof and permantly fitting.

So if you want removability your only choice is a Thule.

(PS: the Cup isn't the only one with a non-opening rear side window. All the 3-door Clios are like that.)

clio 182 black /gold
Here is one on a 182
100_0629.jpg

BMW 320d SE
Greenys_meanies said:
the renault ones sort of lock, you need the tool to get em off
Yeah it's a kind of five-sided allen key job. I've lost mine so I just jam a normal allen key in there and it works fine.