ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
next up - the loom! its under there LOL

IMG_2047.jpg

after a good hour of untangling the loom and trying to find out which end was which, i layed the loom out in the car and began to line it all up, starting with the dash,

as there was soooo many parts of the loom i didnt need or want on show i.e the airbag system, pre tentioner loom, airbag computer, pressure sensors, side air bags etc! so i chopped the loom up (not cut the wires, just seperated the sections from the main bulk, re taped them up, and ran them out over the dash brace so not to have them on show in a bundle under the dash! you can see the blue tape covered part.... is the unwanted parts being run through the dash brace.

hjgggp110.jpg

many hours later all the sections for the dash were in the right place and all needed dash sensors conected. i then used HD black cable-ties to secure these parts.

hjgggp099.jpg

hjgggp108.jpg

i then ran the stiff and awkward main bulk from the dash brace to the main connection block

as i had cut this part of the brace off i had to drill the bulkhead and fit cableties to secure it in place.. with this done i bolted the main connection through the bulkhead with the m6 bolt

hjgggp117.jpg

hjgggp114.jpg

i then took the parts of the loom which connect to the rear and layed them in place on both sides. covered these sections in black spark tape and secured them out of the way again with the cable-ties ( i had to support the connection blocks to the cage as they are normally held in by the trim...they come apart way to easy if left untouched!

hjgggp101.jpg

hjgggp112.jpg

the only cable that needed to run near the seats was the signal line for the handbrake, i unpicked this from the main loom and ran it under the floor plate, through the seat frames and hooked it back up to the sensor! i covered the thin 1mm cable in black ducktape to prevent it from being damged in the future.

hjgggp115.jpg

the final part of the loom runs up the c piller and into the roof and finally into the top of the boot, i again covered this section in black tape and secured with the cable-ties.

hjgggp107.jpg

i then had to secure this mess

hjgggp098.jpg

i used various screws, cable ties etc and it ended up like..

hjgggp116.jpg

not a work of art but it works LOL

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Really? I thought they lost charge and stuff??

well there almost as good, anything less than a 30 will be a t**t!

fit a line cut off switch.. jsut remember to wire the alternator in otherwise when you cut it the car will still run LOL

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
now i had fitted the heater matrix and loom conection box in the bulkhead, i could refit the wiper system, i had bought a single wiper conversion DTM style! fitted this...

was easy just 3 10mm bolts and one connection !

then re fitted all the scuttle pannel covers!

:cool:

hjgggp113.jpg

M

mini-valver

It's my daily runner! If it goes flat I'm fucked and I'd be sitting there thinking "Ben's a t**t" lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol ... its the only thing thats staying... i refuse to be in germany with no heaters and no music in feb!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not hardcore then. Take an mp3 player and a coat... At least you can leave them in the hotel room.

Have you heard of a guy called Dado? Has a yellow turbo M3.

Stripped, caged, no interior (at all). Exhaust goes beneath the passenger seat and out the side (it burnt his mates leather jacket whilst he was wearing it in the car!!)... But to top it all off, no windows in the doors!!

Have you thought about getting a camera system hooked up permanently in the car ??

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/hoyttech-autoxcam-racing-video-camera-kit-p-4568.html

And

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/hoyttech-gbox-track-data-overlay-device-p-7609.html

You could be the next getaway in stockholm...:eek: But it'd be more like Getaway in Yorkshire

Ad

MK2 FRS
plenty of overspray on the sills of the car door from the cage i thought you taped it all up?

lest just say it is somewhat difficult to cover all angles with paper and then still be able to gain access, tbh all of that will just polish off.

single wiper lol....noooooooooooo!! lol........ive had one a few months now and its by far the worst mod ive done, never wipes properly tried different blades and arms too!

now i wanted to fit the heater matrix back in. I had to make a quick repair where it was damaged when it was removed (on the air part, not the water system LOL) i then began to modife the sides of the box.. removing the tracks for the side vents, rear tracks, front footwell arms also needed to be cut down to accomidate the new shape of the dash! after all this was done i began to fit the heater... only to discover that i needed to remove the bloody dash brace! ahhhhhh! 30mins later and the brace was off! with the matrix in place i tightend up the two m6 bolts through the scuttle pannel in the bulkhead, this kept the matrix in position but after i had cut all the original tacks and arms off it was a little loose on the top... so i decided to use some spare screws - poilet the holes and then secure the upper part of the matrix in place :cool:

with the heater martix secure i re-fitted the dash brace nice and tight!

in the pic you can see where the air feeds have been chopped on the sides and bottom!

hjgggp102.jpg

Not having a heater is a real pain if it is wet and you are trying not to mist up.

Probably not going to beable to put mine back in, so will have to go with either a heated front screen, or some dash mounted blower things

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i was gonna say, the only reason i put my heater back in was for the demisting, not bothered about being cold (the manifold runs right next to the bulkhead with no heat proofing so my feet will be nice and warm, if not on fire!)

my heater has no ducting either, took it all off as i have half a dash now :cool: :clown:

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
more pics to come now :D

update on the dash...........

IMG_9553.jpg

IMG_9554.jpg

how to waste £200 and 100 hours of your life

yes i lost my temper haha!... cant be arsed with it. fook knows what i am going to do :(

and ideas LOL

will upload the rest of the pics now

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
time had come to install the checker plate, i know there are haters but..... i quite like it!

to fit i drilled 4 mm holes and used extra long rivits to pin the ally down! as the clio floor is all over the show we had to beat the sheets for ages to even get them to remotley sit in place.. once they were sitting right we put about 25 rivits in each plate to keep them down!

IMG_9533.jpg

IMG_9534.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
so then we popped to tweeks for....

two way 50amp key switch for the EVO MR fuel pump loom

IMG_9536.jpg

eyelet load spread mounting back plates

IMG_9537.jpg

8.8 steel FIA eyelets

IMG_9538.jpg

stupid price ally nibus heat proof sheet for the bulkhead

IMG_9535.jpg