ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

DCi 100
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

Can you not get these style switches in a 3 way sorta thing, with a down up and middle variation?

G_15007G_CL_1.jpg

In this sorta layout:
interior028.jpg

Laxy's.

Crisp, not get wind noise without any interior mirror covers on? How do you adjust the mirrors? :/

Just sat and read through this whole thing, god it's awesome, loving the fact it's been corner weighted, and everything has been taken into consideration to make it balls out yet usable, to an extent.

Take it you was the lad at the Xscape meet with Mat? I was the lad who was asking what engine was in the Rallye while you were trying to bugger off. :p

TrackCar & F30 330d

nice! B Road drive with bonnet off ??

One video was a B Road Drive with the camera on the front of the car. The other video is just a drive in the car part with the bonnet off to see the engine movment.

Yeah both of the links look good. The reason i have just lenghtened the wires and kept the original stitches is because i was unsure how many wires the new stitches would come with.

There are 8 wires (i think) on the duel switch and if the new switches didnt come with 8 i'd be stuffed as i'm sh*t with electrics lol

Are both you boys happy with your ITBS? Worth losing the trip computer/CC etc for?

Theres more positives than negatives.

Flames, Pops & bangs

or

Seeing how good your MPG is on the way to the shops

;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Think I will be ringing KTEC within the next couple of months :O f**k it!

DMS

A thirsty 172

You won't miss the trip computer or cruise control. You'll enjoy the noise at WOT too much to care.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Think I will be ringing KTEC within the next couple of months :O f**k it!

I miss my cruse control a little, I actually used it when travling up and down the country going back home. But you will deffently love the ITB's when they are on. Everything is amazing.

Blimey if that's all you're worried about the Gen90 is right up your ally :)

tbh I wouldn't go back to the standard engine

Nope me nither.

Audi TT 3.2

just read this from start to finish! good work mate! is awsome.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Update AC Removal

I've recently become a man and decided that AC is for girls. So its coming out.

I havnt yet got all the brackets so i can remove the pump but that will be sorted soon.

Started with this, lots of tubes on the left and the mini radiator thing infront of the actuall radiator. The radiator is as far forward as it will go and it has allways bothered me that the heat it pumps out is right next to the trumpets.

IMG_3917.jpg

One of the pipes had a small hole in so all the lovely gass had seeped into the o-zone layer a while back so when i removed them no de-gassing needed to take place.

Pipes and small rad thing removed.

IMG_3974.jpg

Here are the bits of weight saving

IMG_3973.jpg

Now i cable tied the radiator out of the way and because the AC bits wernt there i could move it further away from the ITB's. Just waiting on some Nimbus Motorsport Heat shielding from a good friend (if he gets his finger out of his a*ss :rasp: ) and it will look much better.

IMG_3977.jpg

A few other tiny bits i did today was fit a little sweatband over my brake fulid bottle as it leaks a tiny bit.

Also re-routed the throttle cable and fitted it correctly as it wasnt fitted correctly by me a few months back. Throttle peddle is now where it should be and not half way down.

Also fixed my drivers door latch so now i dont have to climb throught the passengers side everytime i want to get ino my car.

Oh the next thing i need to find is a little black box so i can tidy all the loom and Omex :)

DMS

A thirsty 172

I presume you're going to remove the air con compressor and get the cup alternator / aux belt setup as well? The compressors are very heavy. I picked the one up in K-Tec's reception and was shocked at how heavy it is - much more so than the one from my old 306.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Yep the AC compressor/pump will be coming out, just thought i'd start it today as i had my tools in the car :)

Qashcow

nice idea with the orange wrist band ;) from whom did ye get that olde idea from xx

340i

So much better already!

If you can find a base model Clio you can grab the blower to loose the big aircon unit under the scuttle panel (saves a further 2kg) and also get the full metal cover where the aircon pipes go through :)

Coupe/Defender V8

good job mate, looks like your condenser is as fooked as mine, you could blow it and it'd fall apart

TrackCar & F30 330d

nice idea with the orange wrist band ;) from whom did ye get that olde idea from xx

Love you ;)

I raided my mates fancy dress New rave gear and found the orange wrist band :) Score!!

So much better already!

If you can find a base model Clio you can grab the blower to loose the big aircon unit under the scuttle panel (saves a further 2kg) and also get the full metal cover where the aircon pipes go through :)

Oh really, ok i'll try having a seach and try find one :)

That's pretty hardcore. Sack using that everyday. lol.

Its really not that bad using it everyday, I've got used to it now. Its just the exhaust which is a little annoying at times.

good job mate, looks like your condenser is as fooked as mine, you could blow it and it'd fall apart

Yeah you can see at the bottom of it that it just fell apart when i took it off.

Does your car run cooler now that it doesnt have the condenser sat infront of the rad? I know you have the new rad but with mine when i'm driving along the engine temp gauge now sits lower than it used to.

When i get it some stick it goes back up but then after crusing for a little bit the temp drops again! Think its fine.

340i

Yeah its like a snail shape, you'll know when you see one, super light compared to the aircon crap ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Update - Cup Racer Lights

A little while back in this thread i bought some tatty lights with the intentions of making them into a cup racer type lights.

I gutted them so i was just left with the outer plastic frame.

IMG_3470-1.jpg

In the flat's spray booth

IMG_3802.jpg

Bit of primer

IMG_3804.jpg

Bit of Ford Graphit Grey

IMG_3808.jpg

And then sprayed a bit of clear coat to make them look a bit nicer.

So here are the old lights, really heavy xeons

IMG_4008.jpg

New ligthweight lights

IMG_4010.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

Decided to pull all the dash out so i can get the rest of the brown sound deadening out.

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

then started to put it back in and then got bored so this is how the car looks lol

IMG_4016.jpg

Saved quite a bit of weight :)

GW 200 Gone :( BG182

Looking mint mate, very posh having a spray booth in your flat lol :p

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

nice lights :)

i'm guessing they don't actually work though so you'll have to keep swapping the lights in between track days and road use?

Cro

Meg'd r27

Are you gonna need to remove the bumper every time you want to change them dude?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Looking mint mate, very posh having a spray booth in your flat lol :p

Its in the posh part of Huddersfield

nice lights :)

i'm guessing they don't actually work though so you'll have to keep swapping the lights in between track days and road use?

yeah i'll be swapping them when i get to trackdays.

Are you gonna need to remove the bumper every time you want to change them dude?

My bumper comes off really quickly. Only took me 5 mins to remove the xeons and put the new covers on :)

Qashcow

looks good mate. half my dash is missing at the moment and need to get round to removing whats behind

Coupe/Defender V8

nice booth ;) To answer your question it does run cooler without the condenser in the way yes

TrackCar & F30 330d

Update

So i ordered K-tec Racing's uprated Gearbox mount and found through a little it of digger around i found out that the batch had been machined incorrectly. The top hat was too tall so i went to teh work shop and bashed it in the lath and took 4 mm off so i could fit it. Its still not perfect as the bolt is too big but hopefully i'l be getting a new top hat anyway from vibratechniques and a new bolt.

Here's the new mount with the rubbish bolt as the nyloc doesnt get touched.

IMG_3994.jpg

Anyway todays efforts were just changing my front discs as the grooves had gone a long time ago :S

My fully mullered wheels and my old groovless Brembo Max's
IMG_4018.jpg

After the discs wearing low it started to make the paint down the side of the car very rusty.

IMG_4020.jpg

Old Vs New

IMG_4022-1.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

I gave all the brakes a much needed bleed after fitting everything back together and they feel much much better :)

Also got rid of all the glue from the removal of the tar ages ago.

IMG_4026.jpg

Lookes much neater now so i'm a little happier about the interiour.

So now its ready for the Cage to go in and then i can get it sprayed :)

DCi 100

How long to get the dash in/out dude?

Bit odd seeing the car park near enought empty in the above bits!

Can't wait to see the cage in and sprayed etc dude, will be cracking.

LOL at the grinder marks all over the old disc, dont you just love them torx retaining screws?

DCi 100

Cheese retaining screws?

I need to speak to yo about these lights dude. You saw round the backing to leave the clips on them but have the front part on at the same time?

TrackCar & F30 330d

LOL at the grinder marks all over the old disc, dont you just love them torx retaining screws?

I snaped two cheap torx pieces then mullered a drill bit so got pissed off so i got the angle grinder out and a big hammer lol

Cheese retaining screws?

I need to speak to yo about these lights dude. You saw round the backing to leave the clips on them but have the front part on at the same time?

I actually just bashed the sh*t out of the back with a hammer and the back bits just broke off. I have left all the mounting points allthough when i trial fitted them the other day i only really needed to put the top bolt in to hold it is place.

Now officially my favourite clio :D

Great car :)

Cheers lads :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Now officially my favourite clio :D

This tbh! :approve:

Shame about the problems with the gearbox mount! I must have been lucky with mine, as only got it a couple of weeks before yourself and there was no problem at all; I'm assuming mine must have been from a different batch :)