ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

Megane 265 Cup
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

Awww that woulda looked awesome :D

Crackin car by the way I just read the whole thread today, productive day at work haha

TrackCar & F30 330d

Yeah the orange thing was good for a while, but the thing it once the cage and bits are painted they are going to have to stay that colour as i cant take the cage out as its all welded in. So i'd have to cut it out and i dont really want to do that.

So i think the colour will be a sensiable one so i can allways like it.

Stripped, caged Ph1

I'm getting the wheels powder coated as i cant get the metal brake dust off. Its baked its self to the soft paint. :(

Its going back too looking like this -

DSC01460.jpg

If it looks like this again i will be begging you to sell it to me on a daily basis...no joke

None

Fantastic project thread Chris......just been through it all, it's like war and peace :), good work, car sounds Awesome btw.......even from 50 yards behind you ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

good stuff, prefer the black wheels!

Me too, I love your F1's. They look cracking with the red lip :)

If it looks like this again i will be begging you to sell it to me on a daily basis...no joke

Lol your in for a treat then. Your more than welcome to buy it off me. £5,500 for the standard car, £11,500 for the car and the mods, and £30,500 for the car mods and numberplate :)

Fantastic project thread Chris......just been through it all, it's like war and peace :), good work, car sounds Awesome btw.......even from 50 yards behind you ;)

Shame you didnt see the lift off oversteer later on, was epic lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Lol your in for a treat then. Your more than welcome to buy it off me. £5,500 for the standard car, £11,500 for the car and the mods, and £30,500 for the car mods and numberplate :)

I'll have the standard car off you for £5500, just to see you attempt to make it standard :rasp:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Yeah i love it back on the black F1's

The orange was just a bit of a phase for me. Allthough i might still keep the Orange wing mirrors. I can allways bash the orignial ones back on :)

True; wouldn't take long to swap the mirror covers over when you fancy a bit of colour :rasp:

Your point about the cage colour is very valid, once it's in it would be very difficult to change the colour if you got bored of the orange :)

DCi 100

Yeah speakers and an ipod are going to be nice for the long journy to the Ring. I just need an incar charger for my ipod. Can you actually get them?

Yeah, unsure on if you can play/use at the same time though. I think Austin (can't remember his exact username) was selling fag lighter chargers for like 8-12 quid on here. :)

Cro

Meg'd r27

I like both ways you had it dude, white writing makes the black work for me though so get that done again when you get them on :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

I'll have the standard car off you for £5500, just to see you attempt to make it standard :rasp:

Lol, that is true, I'd have to buy practicly have to buy a whole car again just to put stuff back to standard.

I like both ways you had it dude, white writing makes the black work for me though so get that done again when you get them on :)

Hopefully Mr Postman is bringing my a new white tyre pen today :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Time for an update.

First thing to do was an oil change. MY firend got me some discounted Race Oil so i did that the other day whilst fitting my Oil cooler

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4071.jpg

Upon fitting my oil cooler i noticed that the pipes didnt meet the thermostate washer! Can anyone tell me if it matters that the pipes dont meet the washer? It was done up nice and tight but didnt look right

IMG_4116.jpg

I had allready dropped the oil and had to put the new oil in that day as i was going to RS Tunings RR day the next day.

I'll be doing a gearbox oil change soon.

The next day i drove to Leeds and to RS Tuning and this was when i started to have some little problems. The car went on the rollers and Paul stopped the engine whilst they were strapping it down, when he went to start it it just wouldnt start. Everything primed and clicked but by looking down the trumpets it wasnt fueling :( after doing a bit of fiddeling we worked it out to be a bad connection going into the Omex ECU. I suspect the wires were slightly loosened when the AA man came to see me a little while ago.
Paul poped a bit of electrical grease on the omex and it started first time. On the power run the fueling started to become an issure again so the run had to be aborted.
One the way home the car cut out on the motorway so it was obviously going to be an issue which needed to be fixed straight away. I eventually got it running again and got it home and i'm not just waiting on the bits so i can fix the problem.

The winter had been very very harsh on the paint and with the car running Carbone Lorraine pads and the salt on the road meant the brake dust would not wash off. Even with wheel cleaner on the paint work it didnt come off.

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

So i decided to get my OCD back for a few days and spent 3-4 days claying, polishing, sealing and waxing the sh*t out of her and she is back to how she use to look like when i bought her.

Pitcures dont really do it justice but....
IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

Bit of beadage

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

So now the car was clean i put my circuit stickers i got from F0xy (cheers mate)
The stickers are a little bigger than i thought but he did give me dimentions so its my fault.

Before

IMG_4101.jpg

After

IMG_4102.jpg

I'm quite pleased with them, I'll have to buy new ones when my Poly windows come but that wont be for a few months.

As i pulled the socks off for the RR day it was time to fit my New filter that K-tec sent me as a replacement for the first one. Its much much much better than the Pipercross one. The new filter is by ITG and everything about it is better than the first one i had :) So good work K-tec and ITG

IMG_4065.jpg

Bit of a taper which the old one didnt have

IMG_4066.jpg

I noticed that down the trumpets there was quite a bit of grease/dirt

IMG_4105.jpg

So i pulled the trumpets off and gave the ITB's a clean and the trumpets too

IMG_4106.jpg

With the new filter you have to stretch the filter over the trumpets first

IMG_4107.jpg

Then you have to fit the trumpets to the ITB's. I'll be honest and say its quite a ball ache but i'm sure the new filter is easier to fit that the last one. But maybe thats because i know know what to do and the fact i now dont have AC and bits.

Bit of a shame the filter is bare and has no name on the front like ITG or KTR or anything but function over fashion i suppose.

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

That basically it for now, i'm still trying to find a local metal fabricator to make me some gussets for my cage which came on Monday :)

Bad quality phone picture as its at my mates house and not in my flat.

Rollcage.jpg

So we'r going to be welding in the cage in a few weeks and i've decided to have the interiour sprayed in Titanium and the cage sprayed Black.

So thats it for now, I'm really wanting to fully Delete my AC pump + Power Steering + ABS as it doent work. But its just money that i dont have atm and i'm saving for the Nurburgring :)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

Looking good mate! You tried demon tweeks for the gussets?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

nice bit of work!

quick question..what have you done with your ciggie lighter connection? just done away with it or relocated it?

TrackCar & F30 330d

nice bit of work!

quick question..what have you done with your ciggie lighter connection? just done away with it or relocated it?

I have just pulled the wiring through the top of the glove box, where the little light use to be. I dont have the light as it stopped working. Its quite good it being there as its out of the way but just in reach if i need to plug the sat nav in :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

I have just pulled the wiring through the top of the glove box, where the little light use to be. I dont have the light as it stopped working. Its quite good it being there as its out of the way but just in reach if i need to plug the sat nav in :)

Ah so you've disconnected the glovebox and removed that. Pulled the loose wire to the cig lighter up through the gearbox and is it just hanging there or did you secure it?

Is there a visible route to get the wiring/lighter up there?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Ah so you've disconnected the glovebox and removed that. Pulled the loose wire to the cig lighter up through the gearbox and is it just hanging there or did you secure it?

Is there a visible route to get the wiring/lighter up there?

I did it when my i pulled my dash out. But i'm sure you can just do it when just the top part of the dash is off. I did literly just pull the wireing up and then through the square hole an then pluged the cig lighter back in. It just dangles down but if you really wanted you could cable tie it down somwhere.

TTRS & V50

So so good. Done a good job cleaning up the pad debris. Get some cable ties on those leads ;) !!

TrackCar & F30 330d

So so good. Done a good job cleaning up the pad debris. Get some cable ties on those leads ;) !!

I've run out of the little cable ties.

I've had a bit of a tidy up (again) of the wiring so the bay will look a bit neater by the next update.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Cracking job on the paint chris, looking mint again now :)

Oh, and colour coded bucket ftw ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

The car is now fully fixed now too. The standard ECU and Omex are properly mounted to the side of the car and not bodged on.

I now just need to tidy the wires up once again.

I'm looking forward to the meet on sunday, as i've now got a quick release bonnet lol

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

I did it when my i pulled my dash out. But i'm sure you can just do it when just the top part of the dash is off. I did literly just pull the wireing up and then through the square hole an then pluged the cig lighter back in. It just dangles down but if you really wanted you could cable tie it down somwhere.

Fair enough, I'm hoping there's somewhere more straight forward to cable tie it to for now.

How easy did you find it to disconnect the cig lighter from it's surround it sits in?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Update

Firstly a random picture from the other day, I usually pay lots of attention to the road and look out for pot holes and things in the middle of the road. But the other day i just wasnt really paying attention and at the last minute i saw a HUGE pile of Horse sh*t on my side of the road. I saw it but just kept driving and hit the poo at 60mph and it made a huge bang. I thought my splitter had smashed off but luckly it hadnt.

The car stank so badly lol
DSC00299.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

Anyway the car has a small issue at the moment which is getting sorted over shortly so the car isnt going to be moving for a little while. I'll do a better update when i know a bit more information. Hopefully be sorted soon though (fingers crossed)

So today i had a bit of run with an angle grinder, hammer and chizzle :evil:

I decided to chop as many of the bracket out of the car that i dont need.

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

I was nver going to be saving loads of KG but saved quite a bit :)
DSC00304.jpg

and
IMG_4061.jpg

So now the car looks like....

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

I've kept the big brackets in so i can use them for attaching my track wheels when doing to track days, Allthough i may just strap them to the cage when that goes in but i'll only be able to see when the cage is in :)

Cro

Meg'd r27

Lol at the sh*t all under the car. Hot and steamy no doubt

TrackCar & F30 330d
Chrispy's ITB'd 182 Track Car

Update:

Right, so i've had a few issues with my car over the last week so my car was picked up by K-Tec Racing on Friday.

Big thank you to David and Andy for doing that on friday. Hope you got back fine.

So a slightly poorly 182

DSC00312.jpg

Then 30 mins later the car was on the back of their trailor

DSC00313.jpg

So for the meantime i have their little courtesy car

DSC00314.jpg

It's a such a cool car, i little 1.2 Turbo i think.

I love the waste gate chatter when you lift off the accellerator, the coilovers are nice and comfortable and the brakes are good.

I no its only a "courtesy" car but i just love driving clean cars so when i got it back to my flat i gave it a little wash lol

Before

DSC00315.jpg

After

DSC00316.jpg

Oh and i'll be ordering some new Circuit stickers as they are on the wrong way round on my rear window (FAIL) :eek: :dapprove:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Twingo>Clio :rasp:

No car handles like a courtesy car remember ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

How come you've given it to Ktec Chris?

Not 100% sure what was causing the issue but K-tec will find out and i'll let you know when i find out :)

Twingo>Clio :rasp:

No car handles like a courtesy car remember ;)

I've just been driving it on the motorways really, but its a fantastic car. The mods K-Tec have done are really cool :)

The engine bay looks wicked :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I've just been driving it on the motorways really, but its a fantastic car. The mods K-Tec have done are really cool :)

The engine bay looks wicked :)

Bring it to the meet i've put up :) Thats if your still up here?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Bring it to the meet i've put up :) Thats if your still up here?

Yeah i'm still up North for a bit. So i might bring it, Bit of Advertising for K-tec too :)

Nooo, hope its ok! Anything seriously wrong, or just little niggles?

Hopefully just a little Niggle, if its anything slightly expensive the car's getting Broken and sold :(

With a 4 figure bill though? :boring:

Got some Rev's today ;) Unsure though!

Nope no 4 Figure Bill for me please,

Rev's are an excelent choice my friend. Colour?