ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

DCi 100
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

Nope no 4 Figure Bill for me please,

Rev's are an excelent choice my friend. Colour?

Black white text, need a clean but there decent. Just the harness' holes sit lower than the top of my shoulders, and they aren't very deep. But I'll see how they are in the car first! Not going to run harness' with them, as don't particularly like the idea of them without a cage etc.

Titanium 182
Re: Chrispy's ITB'd 182 Track Car

DSC00316.jpg

So it was you!

I heard/saw it go passed a few days ago (can't remember when) - heard it coming up the lane and wondered what the hell it was, then I saw it and the massive 'K-Tec racing' on the side, and made a mental note to ask if it was anything to do with you but totally forgot!

This is probably the best project thread going! :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

what issues you having with the car to make it go to k-tec?

TrackCar & F30 330d

UPDATE:-
Right, well the last week or two has been quite scary and nerve-racking.
The problems started when I took the car to RS Tuning for the RR Meet. The car kept cutting out at 6,500rpm on the Dyno and then wouldn’t start and then randomly after random fiddling with bits and bobs the engine would then start when the key was turned.
The initial thought from a few people was that the jerks and loss in power was because of detonation and that the map was to blame. But also there could have been a problem with the Loom.
I took the Omex loom out and had a good look at all the connections and I couldn’t see anything wrong. So I made sure every connection was clean and put it all back together. It started straight away and took it for a nice country thrashing. It was revving all the way to the top of the rev range and everything was fine until I decided to turn around and come back. The car then spluttered at 6,500rpm again. And then was spluttering all the time.
Shortly after this had happened the decition was made to get it back to K-tec 253miles away. I phoned the RAC and asked if they would be able to tow me to the garage I wanted with the policy I had, they said yes. So the next day the RAC man turned up at the time I had booked it for and when he asked where I wanted taking, he then used every excuse he could think of to get out of taking me. Bit of a wa**er really.
Anyway, I phoned K-tec and they told me not to worry and that they would sort it out. The next day K-tec picked my car up and gave me their little Renault Twingo GT. Great little car, all the little K-tec bits on it are really good.
Anyway, a few days later I found out my car was all fixed, I was expecting them to tell me I needed a New Omex ECU or an engine rebuild. But no it was just a loose connection from one of the wires in the end of the loom, the block connector which connects to the ECU.
So the K-tec team fixed that loose connection, tidied the loom back up much much better that I could have and put the car on the dyno to 100% make sure it was all running as it should do. And it was which I am obviously happy about.
So once again I just want say a big thank you to Andy and David for picking the car up and to everyone who was so helpful and played their part in getting my car looking and running nicely.
I just can’t fault K-tec at all. Always happy to help and the products they sell are really great. The mapping that Andy originally did on the car is great and it’s such a joy to drive.
On the dirve back i reailised why people are so shocked when i take them out in it. It is SO fast. compaired to the 1.2 Turbo Twingo i had been driving about lol.

Anyway now the car is back at home I decided to give it a wash

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

Gave the exhaust a little bit of autosol to

IMG_4139.jpg

I had to get a few little jobs out of the way as the cage it going in at the end of this week or the begining of next week.

So i borrowed my sisters hairdryer and chose to get the rest of the tar out.

The huge bit of the roof

IMG_4123.jpg

and the two bits on the 1/4 pannels

IMG_4124.jpg

I had left my white sprit at my flat so the glue will have to stay on for now.

As the cage follows the A-Pillars down through the dash i removed it now so i have less stuff to do on the days of doing the cage.

So dash out

IMG_4119.jpg

and then set about getting rid of more of the loom

IMG_4120.jpg

I managed to get a big carryer bag full of loom and everything still works apart from the Hazzards so i'll have to find a way to fix that :S:dapprove:

Here are a few picture of the tidy engine bay that k-tec did for me.

Before

IMG_4109.jpg

After

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

After taking the dash out and took it for a drive i remembered that i can see fook all from the reflection of the loom and silver bulk head.

So i've put the black blanket there for the time being and at least it covers the wires.

IMG_4136.jpg

Also mounted my sterio in a different place so i can now reach it and attached my electric window stitches to the little tubes.

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

So i just need to wrap up my loom in some tubing so it looks a bit nicer, get the cage welded in and get it all sparyed.

Thanks

:)

DCi 100

Ace!

What are you doing about the dash dude? Chopping the bottom half out etc?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

Good work! The wiring's not too bad is it when you get your head around it lol!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Looking, well quite bare actually :rasp:

Glad you got it sorted mate :D

is that legal driving aroung like that? sure the fuzz would have something to say?

looking good mate, nothing worse than electrical faults especially when you feel you have checked everything possible!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Thank fook it was a simple fault. Can't believe the thought of selling was on the cards.

Yeah thankfully a combination of a great company and a simple fault meant i am keeping my car lol

fk the CD player off!

Haha, yeah i've only got it for when I drive to the Nurburgring, when i get back i'll poly window it and chop the inner door skins off.

I'm hopeing to get it in the 800's (kg) with the cage. I think its 900-910kg now.

Removing AC and PAS = - 16kg
Ultralegs rather than OZ F1's = - 16kg
Poly windows and door skin hackage = - 20kg

Cage = + 40 kg :dapprove:

We will see :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

seems mad when all the weight removal goes on and then a cage gets whacked in at 40kg :(

got to be done though!

TrackCar & F30 330d

seems mad when all the weight removal goes on and then a cage gets whacked in at 40kg :(

got to be done though!

Yeah and then say 2kg of paint for the interiour and cage. Should look wicked when its all in. I was going to get in put in today but there has been a change of plan so probs getting it put in on Monday or Wednesday now

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Did you ever go to the weighbridge to get it weighed properly?

TrackCar & F30 330d

No we were gona go on thursday but my flat mates are gay so we never went. My car still has half a tank in too :( I did go for a drive yesterday and burnt off 1/4 of a tank but i might as well weigh it when its on the fumes lol

TrackCar & F30 330d

UPDATE.

Small update really, Mainly just tidying bits up so i dont have to do them when the cage is in.

So as i had removed the rest of the tar the other day i cleaned all the glue off

Befor

IMG_4124.jpg

After

IMG_4142.jpg

And the other side

IMG_4146.jpg

And cleared it off the roof too

IMG_4145.jpg

I used the angle grinder a little yesterday to grind off a little screw which the K-tec filter gets caught on. I had also mounted the filter upside down so i turned that round too. I also trimed the gearstick mount so it looks a little neater

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

Gave it a quick spay or black paint as i didnt really like the colour.

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

Thats it for now, next update will be the cage :D

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Looks great mate, very hardcore!!! U say about the glare, I dont get any at all from my new lower seating position! I do have the brown stuff still around my dash but its mainly the loom that I used to be able to see when I was sitting higher.

Looking forward to seeing the cage, think of all the extra weight tho!!! ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Seat on runners?

Must be weight to be save there :rasp:

TrackCar & F30 330d

Seat on runners?

Must be weight to be save there :rasp:

Yeah i know but i'll be selling my seats in a few months and getting some wrap around ones so they protect my head from the cage. When i get them then i will weld the new frames to the car

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

nice touch with painting the gear surround. i've got some black paint left - tempted do that myself!

Kangoo

Very nice Clio! One Question: H&R Coilovers, right? Is the back only totaly down, or have you done some other "TRICK" on the back for this lowness? ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Very nice Clio! One Question: H&R Coilovers, right? Is the back only totaly down, or have you done some other "TRICK" on the back for this lowness? ;)

I've removed the adjusters (the bits to the top of the picture) So the spring sits on the beam and the to smaller bits make sure it doesnt fall out.
You could also put a few bit cable ties on the spring attaching it to the beam :)

10.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d

LOL at the picture above!!!!

HOT AS S ;)

haha, the picture was from my Coilover fitting guide lol

;)

is it not better to put the middle parts out? and screw it down? work?

Hmmmm yeah that could work, then then the spring will be roughly 3mm higher to if it was sat in the actual beam.

To be honest mine has been just sat on the beam with no zip ties and i have had no problem.

Maybe try it your way first but if it not quite low enough then do it my way :)

172 cup

Nice write up - wish I could spend every months wage on doing up the car though.
Take it you still live at home?

340i

Yes good plan...

Heat gun the tar off.. And cook the burgers and sausages at the same time?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Nice write up - wish I could spend every months wage on doing up the car though.
Take it you still live at home?

Live at home!!!!!!

Nope I live at Uni and I got a 2:1 in my degree Yesterday :)

I just choose to spend my money on my car and not on Fags, Booze or food! lol

And also i saved every penny when i used to work when i was 16 and its all gone on my car :) (i'm now 23)

what have you done against the rubbing on the front???

I chopped the front brackets off and basically took out my arch liners.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Another small update:-

Fitting the cage has been put back a week so today i did a few more little bits.

The main thing i did today was to tidy up the plastics on the front bumper.

This picture made me realise how untidy and run down the front looks.

IMG_4122.jpg

I cant do anything about the stone chips, so i went to Halford bought some grey primer and some matt black paint.

So this was how it looked earlier this morning

IMG_4151.jpg

Faded plastics

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

After a bit of roughing up and spray paint

IMG_4156.jpg

Bought some mesh for the CAF's but will have to do that at a later date

IMG_4157.jpg

All the plastics back on

IMG_4160.jpg

Looks much better imo

IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

So all back together and it looks much cleaner and neater

IMG_4167.jpg

Also bonded on my drivers side mirror (long story)

And angle grinded off the last bit so the cage will fit.

More soon....