ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

clio 182
Excellent work as always!

im planning these extreme measures with my car so lots of useful info in here!

will maybe send you a few pm's once i get the car in storage and rip it to bits for some info!

TrackCar & F30 330d
F*CKING RAIN,

Keeps looking nice outside then as soon as i get stuf ready it starts to rain :(

Anyway, painting is now finished, Just need to put everything back on/together :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Last time I wasted hours painting our engine because when we started it up the crank shims had come out,so it was scrap.Never again.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Last time I wasted hours painting our engine because when we started it up the crank shims had come out,so it was scrap.Never again.

Yeah, hopefully my enigne doesnt suffer the same fate.

Why did they "come out" was it because the engine had not been run in so long?

Gay Clio 172 phs1
I was going to call you a lazy bugger for leaving the engine in and painting it, but if you had no where to paint it... I'll keep the comment ;)

The rad you used is that a polo mk3 rad at all? I've got a tiny little polo rad on my ITB'd clio thing and its flopping about all over due to having only 1 mount on the top of the rad. Its not my bodgery just going to have to make another bracket for it.

Project looks good i've spent a while browsing through the pics etc, a lot of effort and time has certainly gone into it.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I was going to call you a lazy bugger for leaving the engine in and painting it, but if you had no where to paint it... I'll keep the comment ;)

The rad you used is that a polo mk3 rad at all? I've got a tiny little polo rad on my ITB'd clio thing and its flopping about all over due to having only 1 mount on the top of the rad. Its not my bodgery just going to have to make another bracket for it.

Project looks good i've spent a while browsing through the pics etc, a lot of effort and time has certainly gone into it.

Yeah its a Polo rad, as its longer it needs another bracket making for the other side, and i am going to use some little thin bracket to attach it to the front of the car.

Who's ITB's clio did you buy?

182cup & 172 racecar

Check our thread,its in there somewhere.We used a small bit of ally and cable tied the rubber in then used those cheap radio fixing kit brackets(metal with holes in)

182cup & 172 racecar
2861.jpg

http://burpspeed.com/Burpspeed/Build/Entries/2010/1/2_Cooling,_ECU_and_the_Office.html More here.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Right so yesterday I sprayed the Block and gearbox, today i tryed finishing off spraying the rest.

So i jacked the engine up a bit and removed the engine mount and bits ready for painting

Allready sprayed the ITB mani

DSC02953.jpg

Degreased the Head and cam cover and blocked off the holes and masked the bits i didnt want to get overspray on

DSC02955.jpg

DSC02956.jpg

So all sprayed up

DSC02957.jpg

DSC02959.jpg

Will the paint around the holes in the head cause any issue when the gasket goes on?

The DSLR ran out of battery so i took a few pics on my phone of the finished engine

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with the finish, still have a load of other bits to paint and tidy up.

Qashcow
very nice, wasnt going to bother going to this extent when i rip mine apart, but am changing my mind now very quickly

TrackCar & F30 330d
Here's a Slightly better quality picture of the finished engine

DSC02961.jpg

Also sprayed these parts up the other day

IMG_4650.jpg

And i received this the other day so i'm slowly getting there with the brake lines.

IMG_4651.jpg

The GT is going in for a service tomorrow so i get the use of the garage this week so i might get on with some bits and bobs. A better update soon :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Sub frame will be coming off but wont be getting powdercoated. I did want to but no one near me powedercoats for a realistic price. So its just gona be cleaned up and sprayed just so it doesnt look rusty colour.

Silver or black subframe?

340i
Black subframe ;)

hmmm damn... that is annoying, I got quoted £25 - £30 to do the subframe by my local coaters?!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Sub frame will be coming off but wont be getting powdercoated. I did want to but no one near me powedercoats for a realistic price. So its just gona be cleaned up and sprayed just so it doesnt look rusty colour.

Silver or black subframe?

did you try omnicote off the bicester road??

blacks the way forward! bay looks excellent

TrackCar & F30 330d
Black subframe ;)

hmmm damn... that is annoying, I got quoted £25 - £30 to do the subframe by my local coaters?!

The companys i have approached only do big stuff so just reject me :(

that looks very nice....fair play
i badly want to do this now

Your engine is allready tarted up tho isnt it?

did you try omnicote off the bicester road??

blacks the way forward! bay looks excellent

Which company is this? I cant find it on the internet.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks great! You any good at driving or is this gonna be yet another posers track car?! ;)

182 FF
Looks great! You any good at driving or is this gonna be yet another posers track car?! ;)

I appreciate whats being done, but one trip into the kitty litter and it will all be for nothing, I had my front bumper resprayed and after doing a trackday at Mallory it looked worse than ever. Get out there and give it a good thrashing, b****cks to the cosmetics!;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Haha a posers track car! Cutting a very long story short, I bought ITB's in my final year of Uni, then didnt have money for food, so could only get in 2 track days this year (marham & Nurburgring) :(

So over the winter i'm tidying the car up doing a few bits that i havnt been able to do when i've been driving it at uni and then 2011 I plan on doing roughly 8 trackdays. So it'll finally get proper use.

p.s apprently i'm quite a good driver ;)

^ I can confirm that he was smashing this badboy round the ring this summer.

Did it look good going round? :)

I appreciate whats being done, but one trip into the kitty litter and it will all be for nothing, I had my front bumper resprayed and after doing a trackday at Mallory it looked worse than ever. Get out there and give it a good thrashing, b****cks to the cosmetics!;)

I'll find you a picture of my bumper, I'm deffently more function over fashion theses days, but I just wanted to tart it up a little :)

A few stone chips

IMG_3773.jpg

And then a little bit of Ring Sting

IMG_4490.jpg

Last edited:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Chris, quick question!

Do you have to remove the dashboard to be able to remove the A pillar trim for when you remove the headlining?

Qashcow
A pillar trims pulls straight off mate, make sure you dont pull too hard on the roof lining, i dented mine slightly :(