ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
you not running a heater? mine used to piss me off when it rained it would steam up to feck on track!

Wonder if you can fit a electric heater?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah ben I do have a small heater blower, but the main reason for the extra air flow is for me when its hot in summer.

The AX wiper is a little bit of a ball ache. You have to do some cuttting of the standard mount. Nice bit of weight saving though and it looks cool as fook! :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
My demister is a little fag lighter plug in jobbie. So I'll be fitting it sunk into the mk1 dash just pointing at the windscreen and I'll have a on off switch located somewhere. It worked well enough when I was driving to the ring and it was pi**ing it down. Should work a little better whenit mounted propey.

TrackCar & F30 330d
My new Pipercross C604D Air Filter which I bought through Dan at 519 Automotive, top bloke and he got me a great price on the filter http://www.519automotive.co.uk/

IMG_5141.jpg

Its HUGE!!

IMG_5142.jpg

And a pic to show how much bigger it is compaired to the old ITG filter

IMG_5143.jpg

I have ordered my Carbon Firbre Backing dish from Reverie but as they dont have any in stock they are making on so it'll take just over 10days untill that turnes up :)

I'm sat doing my omex/engine loom atm so thats one of the last big jobs to do!

TrackCar & F30 330d
is that going to fit with the dished back plate?

Well I belive the filter touches/very close to the inner skin of the bonnet. So once i have fitted the backing plate i'll do a bit of neat cutting of the bonnet and hope it fits.

Bad bedding mate ;)

LOL, I dont think many 24 year olds can pull it off!

I like how you set all the trophies up for the photo Chris :rasp:

I thought that too ;)

I have about 25 Trophies :cool:

Apprently I have........Hero Skills!!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah I wanted the filter I have because I may get bigger trumpets in the future. And bazzon & barron have this set up and it just fits in their car! It's a track car so if I have to gash open the bonnet then I'll just do it.

ITB'd MK1
the one above fitted with just lopping off the studs for the bonnet catch, then bending it very slightly to stop it being under strain all the time. yours should curve just right to dodge the bonnet. Just.

Golf GTD Mk7
how much bigger can you actually go with the trumpets? You must be at the limit there? Unless you remove the grill all together.

Golf GTD Mk7
Hmmm, is that both torque and bhp? When I get my kit fitted i'm looking for a bit more lower grunt really. 421's may help, but I think the main increase with those is also higher up in the rev range. So are you saying i'll have not much up to 5K then it will take off?

Evo 5 RS
Mine fits and is a 604. Originally it did touch the fibre glass skin on the carbon bonnet but trimmed it back and it sits nicely.

TrackCar & F30 330d
UPDATE:

This is the biggest and most important update over the last few months.

No the car doesnt start, but i have started to make my new engine loom. If you look back over this project 90% of my problems have been to do with electrics. So as the engine loom is very important then i have been taking my time. Measure twice, Cut Once.

Still have a bit to do but at least i know that if the car doesnt start then it wont be due to the engine loom.

So I bought this directly from Omex with all new connectors.

IMG_5145.jpg

Then i started to find out which wires needed to go to which connectors.

IMG_5152.jpg

So after lots of measuring and careful cutting i slid the heat shrink over the wires that needed it.

IMG_5155.jpg

It needs a little bit more work before i put the connectors on the end but its a lot neater and better wired compaired to the old one

IMG_5156.jpg

So I will hopefully get the loom finished this week :)

ALSO does anybody know what resisters go in the wires which spline off into the standard loom from the Crank Sensor?

Cro

Meg'd r27
10k resistors to the standard ecu, not omex. I havnt fitted mine but that's what I've been told

TrackCar & F30 330d
Not a great deal to update but I now have my dished backing plate from Reverie. It didn't take as long as they said it would take which was nice.

6875f151.jpg

b6eb4cba.jpg

Also finished my brakes and bleed up the system. I couldn't believe that the whole system only holds just over 1/2 a ltr of brake fluid!!

Nearly ready!!!!!