ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Jeez thats deep (ooooh) I expect nothing less than 300mm trumets now :rasp:

P.s fitted my resistors and works dead on so you're good to go.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Jeez thats deep (ooooh) I expect nothing less than 300mm trumets now :rasp:

P.s fitted my resistors and works dead on so you're good to go.

Custom 300mm trumpet are now on order ;)

I meant to buy 2 resistors the other day but forgot! I'll have to finish the loom this week, fingers crossed it's spot on

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I saw, have fun with that, I hated doing mine, I was cutting and shutting the standard engine loom and the interior loom. BALL ACHE!!!!

My engine loom was done when i had the engine work sorted, it may need tweaking but i will wait, i am just going to slim down the interior loom to leave just what i need for the car to be legal so i can take it to TDF for the new int loom and Race Tech dash2.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Spent a little bit of time (all day :( ) on the car today.

My main aim for today was to fit the new air filter.

So first i had to remove the Throttle Bodies as i had to use them for my template. So after i had remove them i this is how they looked.

4f509765.jpg

This is my backing plate that i got from Reverie, oooooo carbon firbre!!!

42b023a9.jpg

So i removed the trumpets first and placed the backing plate ontop with the trumpets to see if it fit.

The backing plate is literly 1/2 mm away from the fuel rail so that was a relife but a small part of the jenveys was catching it when opening the throttle so i had to bring out the angle grinder and quickly sort that out.

340610b8.jpg

So i then fliped it all around and started to mark out what needed to be drilled.

723350e3.jpg

All marked up

d5d1de46.jpg

I used a small drill bit first incase so leave room to slightly enlarge the holes to get a perfect fit.

0b7f93fe.jpg

And then enlarged the holes to fit the bolts perfectly.

d0fbc553.jpg

9f197d44.jpg

So after I had drilled the holes i then attached the trumpet so i could mark out what needed to be holesawed.

I decided that the best way to mark it out was to spray some spare silver paint down the trumpet and it would show me excactly what needed to be removed.

Here you can see the paint down the trumpets

c917448d.jpg

e369c396.jpg

Trumpets then removed

36fcd77f.jpg

Then with the correct size hole saw i cut the hole and filed off the little bit of excess material.

8165b52f.jpg

Now obviously there was some paint inside the trumpet and i simply removed it with some metal polish. The trumped needed tidying up anyway

5842d3f2.jpg

After that was all done i rebuilt the backing plate and trumpets

62e7ef63.jpg

e8d72aa1.jpg

60f81e93.jpg

And then I attached the ITB's to the car for the LAST time i hope!!!!

I then poped the new filter on

5910fea4.jpg

0e63cfdd.jpg

dcd67007.jpg

I took some decent pics on the DSLR so will post better pics of the engine later (pics taken on I-phone)

99.9% finished my engine loom so will get that done tomorrow :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Nice progress, can't be much more to do now?

Things left to do:

Oils changed
Put earths on standard loom
Fit injector connectors to new engine loom
Fit battery and cut off switch

So yeah very nearly finished :)

Epic, cant wait to see it on track. Be careful not to get it dirty ;)

I have 8 trackday to fit in this year so its going to get as much use as poss. I only planned to tidy up the engine bay a little but its turned out quite nicely now.

Looking smart Chris!

Cheers :)

Lionel Richie
yay! finally someone else who hides the servo pipe and throttle cable, a man of taste!

f**k off that stock fuel rail, it "pulls" too much on the stock fuel line

TrackCar & F30 330d
yay! finally someone else who hides the servo pipe and throttle cable, a man of taste!

f**k off that stock fuel rail, it "pulls" too much on the stock fuel line

Yeah i never liked the servo pipe going round the back of the mani and the throttle cable was a bit gash the way it went + the fact i cut it too short when re-routing so had to buy a new one lol

I want to replace the stock fule rail but then i'd need to replace the fuel line and then dont you need a return line too and a regulator?

proper filter!

Yeah its HUGE, i had to cut quite a bit off the bonnet :S but its all neat which i'm pleased with and its still strong :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Nice work mate, any sh*t the pants moments when just about to cut the carbon, its gorgeous looking!! Super close now!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, mate - it's coming along an absolute treat! :D This makes me jealous...

62e7ef63.jpg

Seeing as this project is almost at an end... what's next? LOL! Of course I jest...

TrackCar & F30 330d
Another update.
Finished my new engine loom, every connector had been measured out perfectly so I have no excess loom to make the engine bay look messy!
ee7c8636.jpg

Now it's all connected to the right sensors :)
16a3c382.jpg

e9d14bdc.jpg

9bc33094.jpg

Also finished off the heater matrix delete with a proper alloy pipe and hose clips

a774b060.jpg

eca7231b.jpg

e47eb048.jpg

Also made up some brackets for the bumper so it doesn't fall down
a09f938c.jpg

6ec855dc.jpg

2f01634f.jpg

fc564828.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
Hoping get it running (not necessary finished) in a few weeks. I am so busy during the week I am struggling to find time to get the last little bits done. But I finished rebuilding my dads car yesterday so at least I only have to get 1 car done now.

Tony what's wrong with the hose clips I have. They seem to have a tight grip about the hose but I have not filled the coolant up yet! Never even bled a rad before lol! Might need to do some searches.

182cup & 172 racecar
We had a couple of those and go tight then suddenly slip.There is a bleed screw on the t'stat housing(10or8mm bolt),you can see it just below the temp sensor switch in the picture,below coil pack.

340i
What Tony said, they are cheapo hose clips, I've seen a few of them fail... perfectly tight, then dropping off!

Get some decent jubilee clips on there Chris ;)

Qashcow
I had those hose clips in mine for 3 days, they're gobshite and most failed. Will be worth piece of mind to change them :)

Rest looks minty mint