ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

Williams Clio
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

Good job mate, looks like I have alot of work to do on the Williams if I want to keep anywhere near you on track next year. You got your cage sorted yet?

You certainley have come along way from someone who needed a hand with pads, discs and brake lines changing over a year ago. Very impressed!!! Might be asking you for help with fitting bodies next year if I ever get round to it!!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Just had a good read through the last few pages of updates; very impressive, I imagine it'll be fantastic fun to drive! :cool:

Orange mirrors are a nice touch too :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Good job mate, looks like I have alot of work to do on the Williams if I want to keep anywhere near you on track next year. You got your cage sorted yet?

You certainley have come along way from someone who needed a hand with pads, discs and brake lines changing over a year ago. Very impressed!!! Might be asking you for help with fitting bodies next year if I ever get round to it!!

Ha ha, i learnt from the master. lol

Hopefully get a decent job and will then buy a comfortable car for everyday as i now dont want some muppet crashing into my track car.

Just had a good read through the last few pages of updates; very impressive, I imagine it'll be fantastic fun to drive! :cool:

Orange mirrors are a nice touch too :)

Not in this weather it isnt. The day i had it all fully mapped i had a tiny bit of fun on the way back home but apart from that its just been too rubbish to have any fun.

The car's been in the nice warm garage, and i've been using the old mans ST :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Not in this weather it isnt. The day i had it all fully mapped i had a tiny bit of fun on the way back home but apart from that its just been too rubbish to have any fun.

The car's been in the nice warm garage, and i've been using the old mans ST :)

Yeah I can imagine; I wouldn't fancy it in the snow and ice too much either! :)

Once the weather and roads have cleared up though... :race: :D

TrackCar & F30 330d

UPDATE:

Bit of a rubbish update to be honest.

My old man decided to offer to trim my grill so i could refit it.

Before

IMG_3672.jpg

After

IMG_3673.jpg

I fitted my K-tec filter the other day too, royal pain in the ar*s. Well i mean its quite fiddely.

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

The engine bay is a bit of a mess with all the wires everywhere.

Few jobs to do:
Tidy all the wires up
Fix the ECU's in a secure place
Paint the engine mount & Rocker Cover

I fitted my new AST collars for the top mounts today. So the top mounts are now as they should be.

Decided to give it a wash too.

IMG_3676.jpg

Uber thick snow foam :)

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3678.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

Washed the snowfoam off, and washed the car

IMG_3680.jpg

From the picture below you can see how bad the paint has got. The dirt just wouldnt wash off. So idecided to clay the whole car

IMG_3681.jpg

Car is now in the garage and i'll seal it and wax it tomorrow :)

Just Awesome! Your car is really cool! And wheels are lovely! ITB`S ;-) Congrats

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

IMG_3675.jpg

are you not tempted by a new rad / rad fan? that looks a pretty tight squeeze.

looks 100x better with the grill on too, do you find the snowfoam much use?

TrackCar & F30 330d

how much snow foam did you put in there to get that much ?

are you not tempted by a new rad / rad fan? that looks a pretty tight squeeze.

looks 100x better with the grill on too, do you find the snowfoam much use?

The big snowfoam bottle only had a little but in so i poured it all in to the snowfoam lance. But the was more than i thought so i had about 2" of liquid in the bottle. And the lance was set at its max. Uber snowey.

Yeah I'd like a new rad and fan but i now basically dont have any more money left lol
I will end up getting one when i get a job. but for now i'm gona get some heat shielding to sit underneath the ITB's so the hot air from the rad/fan is shielded. :)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Chris

I assume the water sensor is not leaking now?

Andy
KTR Sport

JB

RB 182 Cup

Loving the car! Saving for a 182 atm and want to go down the itb route eventually. Would the flames destroy your cat if it was still fitted btw? Any plans to change the engine internals further?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Chris

I assume the water sensor is not leaking now?

Andy
KTR Sport

The CTS is all good, hasnt leaked a drop :) Thanks for your help :)

I'll tidy the wires and ECU's tomorrow :eek:

Loving the car! Saving for a 182 atm and want to go down the itb route eventually. Would the flames destroy your cat if it was still fitted btw? Any plans to change the engine internals further?

It wouldnt flame if it had a cat mate. I belive the cat only gets damaged when it is cold, so if you do lots of small journeys then the cat wont be having a fun time.

But with the decat it it'll spit them all day :)

ITB'd 182...

Looking good matey!

How you fing the panel filter over the socks?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

you cant have flames or pops with a cat.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Looking good matey!

How you fing the panel filter over the socks?

Cheers

I never drove the car mapped correctly with the restrictive socks, but the power feels the same with the K-Tec sausage filter on and off. Very good filter, not restrictive at all.

You fit it by taking the trumpets off and sliding them into the sausage filter, then screw the trumpets back on. It's a little bit fiddely but its not too bad :)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Ryan.... we have stock.... :) plus we need to see you on the rollers...:)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Had no idea you done this, alot changes in a few months lol :) Mental, finishes off the car imo, quality.

JDM Dc2

when using them filters, do you not use a back plate like you have to with the pipercross 600 ones like mine?... fkin ball ache it was to cut out :mad:

need to get rid of the AC now imo thatll tidy the bay up alot :D.

flames are just like mine too ;)

JDM Dc2

hows it held in place then, anyone got any pics of the filter from behind, or held in place etc?...

TrackCar & F30 330d

Yeah as stated above, i stretched the filter over each trumpet. And then i pulled the filter away from the trumpets and it hold itself in place.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Little update, Good and Bad

Took me so long to clay the car, ended up polishing it then 2 layers of EGP and then a layer or wax. So the paint was nice and shiny again. That was the good part.

The bad part...
The car had been left in the garage for 4 or 5 days. It was time to drive the car out of the my garage and the rear discs had binded (which they usually do if i put the handbrake on). Anyway i rev it a bit more and try pulling away and all of a sudden there is a loud crack, i drive out of the garage and go to pull the handbrake up and it comes all the way up :(

When i got out of the car i see the rear brake pad material on the floor and the backing plates still in the rear calipers. My spare rear pads and in Huddersfield and i'm 180 miles away down south :( so i had to buy some cheap rubbish from halfords. £20 later and the car was all sorted.

Anyway it was my birthday the other day :) so i got a new wheel and hub and i bought a new numberplate bulb

New wheel will go on at the weekend and the new bulb lol

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3690.jpg

ITB'd 182...

Bad times with the pad's!

Get your other one's in asap ;)

What wheel's that mate?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Bad times with the pad's!

Get your other one's in asap ;)

What wheel's that mate?

Yeah the pads are sat infront of me but i'm in a cant be a***d mood lol

The wheel is a 350mm RMD dished wheel from the recent group buy, but i'm not using the g*y surround and i have some black countersunk screws too. I'll hopefully fit it at the weekend :)

ITB'd 182...

lol

Lazy ;)

Dished wheel is the way forward! Think i will be sorting one soon!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Should save a kg or 2 by taking out the airbags :)

I actually just want to drive the bl**dy car its just sat in the carpark in a foot of snow :( the ITB's are calling me lol

DCi 100

Finallly got round to reading this entire thread!

Cracking job with the car, the car park photo shoot did it justice.

TTRS & V50

Don't they only bind when they get up to high temp then you wack the handbrake on for a while ?

Wheel looks good mate.

TrackCar & F30 330d

I may attempt to get her out of the car park tonight :S

Yes the pads to bind when they are really hot but i had not even taken the car for a drive that day and then i just put the car in the garage. I'm not just leaving it in gear from now on.