ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

santa pod photography

Right firstly thanks to all who answered my tripod question in another post, i went for the one that feirny recommended although mines branded as 'hama'.

In september the forum I own is having a 1/4 mile club day at santa pod and i've been given the role of photographer (when i'm not on the strip).

What lenses and other equipment would you take? I'm only going to be looking at shots on the line really but may also try moving shots just for the practice ;)

any help, tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Stephen

For the still stuff, you'll be on the hill a fair way away I take it?

Something with a bit of zoom and shoot fairly fast as it should be nice and bright, gives you less chance of shakey shots.

For the panning, just follow Chris' guide which is stuck at the top of the forum..

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
100-300mm lens and a smaller one for closer shots
Wont even need that. I got away with a 16-80mm on an A100 about 2 years back shooting from the stands.

I took a 85mm on my 5D and even that was pushing too close when they went past. I doubt anything over 100mm would be needed.

EDIT : 400D+24-70

n506975265_378846_611.jpg

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Its a good place to shoot from but what i noticed, you cant get as close in line to the start line from the bank as you can from the stands.

Plus I dont like that hill, fell down it during The Fast Show and landed face first on my 1D/300L combo. Camera and lens got muddy, face wasnt as lucky. :(

Moonlight Blue 225
100-300mm lens if you are on the bank, and some sort or wide angle if you can get on the start line to get the cars burning out.