ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

santa pod qtr mile times

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 01 April 2003

15.9 was my best time. But that was sh*t loads of wheel spin. I rekon 15.5 with a good start.

Its funny when you look at 1/4 mile times a cup is only 0.3 - 0.6 seconds to quicker than a 16v in a striaght line!! And a 172 is slower than a cup!!

Makes you think there aint much difference!

Whats a V6 1/4 mile time??

I got 15.1

15.9-15.1 = 0.8 doesnt it

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Mrdemon on 02 April 2003

just for those who say a standard elise is slower than a cup (from the other thread) i was there 2 weeks ago and a standard one did it in 14.3 ;-p

so not only do they coner 86.7 times faster they wip clio cups in the 1/4 mile too lol
As it happens I was sat behind an Elise 160 at the lights at the bottom of the M1 yesterday ( there is a long bend here as well for those that dont know it). Lights went green, he got away first but I still stuck to him round the bend and then onto the straight upto about 110 then he bottled it. There was nothing in it at all upto that point.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Pugboy on 02 April 2003

Night.Icon - Yes it was naples red, and a very tidy example, shame we never had a chat/race, catch you next time.

Rhys - Youre right, I only suggested 14.5 cause I had (wrongly) thought the clock started with the green light.

Slugger - Pretty consistent times there, well have to have a head to head.

Red 16 - See answer to Rhys.

Mr Demon - Traction and rear wheel drive are the difference. Youre pi&&ed cause you paid big bucks for a few bits of aluminium glued together and a few old peugeot switches, covered with a bit of moulded plastic and an old british leyland lump. ;) Nice car though!

Chris
Sure - if we are there at the same time im game for a laugh

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 02 April 2003

haha, i wonder how fast i could run the quarter mile holding an exhaust making a noise like one "rrrrrroooooooaaaar" Id get much better traction than anyones car tho
lol