ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

satnav which one ?my brain hurts

monaco blue 172 ..
right i want to get a CHEAP satnav that works and displays camera locations etc... thinking of the tom tom 1 or one of the garmins? know this topic has been covered loads of times already sorry.
i dont want to spend more than 160 if possible ,where is the cheapest place to buy a tt from cos their price varies so bloody much?
cheers peeps
richard

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
ill sell u my garmi i3, works fine on all clios except with heat reflective windscreen where u need aerial

monaco blue 172 ..
ill sell u my garmi i3, works fine on all clios except with heat reflective windscreen where u need aerial
i have the heat reflective screen but thanks anyway mate , dont like the idea of fixing an aerial to the car ..
i hav a road angel navigator 6000, £200, 100% recommended
i have the same but my first one broke:rolleyes: road angel replaced it straight away though

think you can get them for £170 from halfrauds
i do like the look of the ra navigator
Garmin Nuvi 300 from Amazon £169.
Better than the tom tom all day long.

think theyre 139 in car phone warehouse

jamie
ill look into these if ya can get them for that price ya cant go wrong?.

might not be to some peoples tastes but you can get sat nav on phones now, alot of the new nokias and the sony ericsson p990i. just a thought, my thought to be exact lol

jamie

monaco blue 172 ..
never realy thought of that , but dont you have to subscribe to many of the phone ones for them to be active???

jamie

They are £169.99 according to the carphone's website.
I got mine for Christmas and halfords wanted about £240 for it, but i managed to get it from Amazon for £179 (it has since come down). This at the time reduced it to the same price as the tomtom one, and as the garmin is the better unit I went for that one.

jamie

£169 according to their web site.

I got mine for Christmas from Amazon and paid £179, it has since come down. Halfords wanted £249 at the time, but by buying it from amazon I paid the same price as a tom tom one, the garmin is the better unit, so I choose that one.

monaco blue 172 ..

jamie

I got mine for Christmas and halfords wanted about £240 for it, but i managed to get it from Amazon for £179 (it has since come down). This at the time reduced it to the same price as the tomtom one, and as the garmin is the better unit I went for that one.
do these nuvi 300's have speed camera locations on them ?

Sorry about the double reply -bloody site! Best thing to do is go into Halfords and have a play about with them, I found the Garmin is quicker than the tom tom and the halfords display tom tom froze and had to be reset.

Not as standard although you can load them on no problem either legally through Garmins subscription service, although I believe there are some internet sites that just let you download them.

monaco blue 172 ..

Not as standard although you can load them on no problem either legally through Garmins subscription service, although I believe there are some internet sites that just let you download them.
if i can get a site for the camera locations i think i might go get on of the nuvi 300's tomorrrow

I have a nuvi360, I really like it.

I can't understand how it works through the windscreen without an external aerial (which I bought and don't need now!) I've checked the cars history and the windscreen was replaced, but the invoice says about the heat reflecting screen etc. It even has the small patch at the bottom middle. No-one can understand it.

monaco blue 172 ..
sounds like the garmins are the way to go then?
anyone know the sites for the camera locations?

BMW M3
My tomtom one v2 is perfect.

And it gets a full signal all the time through my heat reflecting windscreen, where as my Road Angel 2 doesnt at all !!