ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

saying goodbye to the clio...

clio 5door sport rep
Well guys after about 2 years of clio ownership the rattling sunroof has driven me over the edge lol. Only.joking

Bit I'm saying goodbye to the clio and handing it over.to my gf...

I'm getting a 57 plate astra sri 1.8 xp on Friday.... cannot wait.

Will miss the clio but will still have a run about in it now and again... will hang about the site too as it a great forum and full of top chaps... will post.some pics when I pick the new car.up: )

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry to hear this. It may feel quick compared to your 1.2 for about a week but then you'll be yawning your head off...

I had a 1.8 SRi as a hire car with work a few years back. Sat on the M25 at 120 bored out of my skull. What a dull PoS. Electronic throttle was useless. Sport mode was hopeless.

Could not wait to give it back !

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Compared to a 1.2 clio, it'll be great. yes some people will tell you it's boring, or slow but it's all relative.

I've you have been driving 'fast' cars for a while then the Astra will feel like a step backward, however if you have only ever had a 1.2 clio it will be a great leap forward.

I hope you enjoy it mate.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You're really saying that a boggo 1.2 clio is a better place to be than a 57 reg 1.8 astra?

That's taking clio 0wnz all a little too far!

clio 5door sport rep
Yeah I think so... love the shape.... got the exterior.pack.so looks.mint might.lower it... stuck my.ice from.the clio.into.it. then leave.it

clio 5door sport rep
love the wee 5 door to be honest. just want something a bit fresher. so get off ur 3 door high horse .. lol i get great feedback on my 5 door .... :)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Lol that made me laugh! Whats wrong with a 1.2 5dr?? Lol

Nothing wrong with it, just a different beast to the Astra that's all!

I owned a 1.4 Auto Clio (briefly, it was a money making exercise. Given it for free, sold for £1,100!) It was a great little motor!

Jap Box
Sorry to hear this. It may feel quick compared to your 1.2 for about a week but then you'll be yawning your head off...

I had a 1.8 SRi as a hire car with work a few years back. Sat on the M25 at 120 bored out of my skull. What a dull PoS. Electronic throttle was useless. Sport mode was hopeless.

Could not wait to give it back !

Similar story with me.

Bought a 316i and it was quick compared to the clio, but on long journeys it didnt seem as fun getting it up to high speed and there was no fun on the backroads anymore :(

Good luck with it though, does sound like a nice car and a good step up :)