ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SBV116's Renaultsport addiction, 172 cup content!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Well, after selling the 200 due to lack of use and having a fair amount of cash tied up in a car.... my not needing a car theory didn't actually last that long, about a month before i got the RS itch.

Picked this up through ebay outside of auction, 2002 cup, 2 owners, 59K last owner since it had done 10K.

Lady owner, not the best service history and never had any belts!:cool:

so it begins.... unfortunately didn't get any pic's before i raped it...lol!, thanks to gaz-kev who was my helper for the night!

Have a yozzasport race system on order with frederick, complete with decat, hopefully he pull's his midland finger out and get's the job sorted soon!:eek:

DSCF1887.jpg

DSCF1889.jpg

DSCF1888.jpg

DSCF1890.jpg

Gave the engine bay a quick wash, as it was grimey as f**k, removed the bonnet sound deadening and fit some sticker's to the grill, as it's had a bumper / headlight at some day and age!

DSCF1885.jpg

Turini's off and goig for refurb next week, staying silver also going to need 4 x new tyres!

DSCF1886.jpg

DSCF1893.jpg

DSCF1894.jpg

Sidestrip's etc are removed to be painted, had a box of bit's roll up today, new bullet's, cambelt, dephaser, rear discs and pads, filters, exhaust fitting kit, cam seals, type D, clear repeater's, etc etc etc!

Will update when i do a bit more, got some good plans for it i hope!:approve:

Mondeo TDCI 130
Actually, it will probably be visiting the same industrial estate!;) But i won't be leaving it there.

Edit : Thought of you when i picked it up danielson, sold on ebay, lady comes to collect car...only got half the money, wanted to pay the rest in 3 weeks after payday....lol. Would have loved a daniel response to that!!! Hence i bought it out of egay.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Nice-

A few quirks- but easily sorted in your workshop-

good luck with the new cup-

Steve

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
It WILL be nice, that much is certain.

Look forward to seeing it decent

Last edited:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
This looked to be a nice solid project platform Steve, with what you said you had planned it'll be minty fresh!

Will enjoy following the progress on this pal :cool:

Mondeo TDCI 130
Done a wee bit more like, trying to spread it out over time, had a couple more hours!

The door mouldings and mirror cap have gone for paint at the bodyshop, and the alloy's are away for refurb and rear pad carriers are going to be powder coated.

Removed the rear arch liner's and bumper go give them a clean / refit them properly, the N/S rear arch liner isn't even the correct one.

DSCF1897.jpg

DSCF1896.jpg

DSCF1895.jpg

after :

DSCF1902.jpg

DSCF1901.jpg

DSCF1900.jpg

DSCF1905.jpg

DSCF1899.jpg

DSCF1898.jpg

mans jetwash.....
DSCF1903.jpg

Got some underseal / paint to tidy all under the arches / behind the bumper's up.

DSCF1906.jpg

sample of what i am hoping for when properly dried :

DSCF1907.jpg

Had a box of goodies turn up from renault :
Dephaser
Cambelt kit
Aux belt
Side repeater's (clear)
Front and rear cam seals.
Eaxhaust fitting kit, genuine not cheapo s**t.
Exhaust centre mount
Bumper stickers ( little black ones, bumper has been painted)
New silver bullets
Type D coolant
Elf 5/40 and filter

DSCF1908.jpg

Expecting delivery of a yozza on thursday, had a phone call today :) and also ordered a prima rear mount, that should be here soon.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Claire called you then?

no warranty on your exhaust if you use that mount, IT IS NOT NEEDED ON A YS!!

To be fair, i had already ordered it before i spoke to you, the one on it is shagged! Is claire fit?! Ps can you get hold of bilsteins?

Make sure someone reliable fits the belts-

S

Recommend anyone?! :dapprove:

Hey up dude, yeah, bit of a long termer! going to be the cup i should of had but never did i hope!!! :)

172 5HED
Hey up dude, yeah, bit of a long termer! going to be the cup i should of had but never did i hope!!! :)

Looks well mate. After the last time I was round and saw that lads ph1 172 track car I went and bought one lol.. bad influence!

Happy days Steve, sad to see the 200 go but no point having it sit there not being used...

The 172 looks a good place to start a new project mate.

I'll be in touch in the near future, need a few things sorting.

Matt

Mondeo TDCI 130
Bumper back on and arches undersealed, new arch liner this side also!

DSCF1916.jpg

out with the old.... this was fit at renault aswell, definately isn't oem...

DSCF1917.jpg

and in with the new...

DSCF1914.jpg

DSCF1915.jpg

Yozzasport full race system with decat, Prima rear mount and genuine OEM centre mount, new cat fitting kit, proper renault non of this 9.99 s**t thats w**k, do it once do it right!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Not much been going on recently, the sun came out so i played with some other toys! :eek:

Did a bit tonight, washed under all the arches, and replaced the N/S mirror, bit pissed as it was meant to be a genuine good secondhand one on ebay... it's fecking non gen!!, oh well....

Got some huuuuuuuuge bit's on order!

Removed the front bumper, and o/s headlight, as that's going to be removed eventually!

001.jpg

002.jpg

Nice clean arch, will be undersealed / blacked thursday :

005.jpg

003.jpg

New secondhand mirror, :

006.jpg

Sump gasket is weeping, got a good secondhand sump, so gave that a good steam clean and lick of paint :

007.jpg

008.jpg

Wheel's back from refurb, with new tyres and stubby valves, toyo proxy's.

009.jpg

010.jpg

This is my B job and takes priority when the sun shines, mates outfit and my bro works for them ,some £££ worth of tackle, makes a change from the car's, i am only the gopher like! :eek:

DSCF1927.jpg

DSCF1933.jpg
DSCF1951.jpg

Brother hard at work, big c**t this is, even if it is getting on a bit! :
DSCF1957.jpg

BMW M5 & E36
Ooooh arrrrrrr!

I didn't even realise the 200 had gone Steve! Assumed you'd have it tucked up in the shed for the next few years!

Cup's looking good, hope you're well!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Ooooh arrrrrrr!

I didn't even realise the 200 had gone Steve! Assumed you'd have it tucked up in the shed for the next few years!

Cup's looking good, hope you're well!

Whiter's was down your neck of the woods couple of weeks ago!!! lol, thought of you!! Sold the 200, depressed me it just sitting there sat loosing ££££. Was intending on having no car, but got the bug, lol!

How's your motor?

BMW M5 & E36
Where was my phone call :(

Sold the Megane back in Feb, now in a V70 D5 lolvo for towing clio purposes! It's ok, I have itchy feet again though as usual.

Best stay on topic... nice steelies! :approve:

Mondeo TDCI 130
Done a wee bit more!

Out with the old :

DSCF1984.jpg

Stiggy sump....
DSCF1985.jpg

New sump and gasket :
DSCF1986.jpg

In with the new :
DSCF1987.jpg

Arch before paint / underseal, washed off tuesday.

DSCF1988.jpg

Front panel been fitted, and not protected at all. :(

DSCF1990.jpg

DSCF1993.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

now you see it ....................

DSCF1991.jpg

now you dont.................
DSCF1992.jpg

Bin fodder.
DSCF1995.jpg

Had these painted, not doing inside until last, but had these painted when the sidestrips were being done!

DSCF1996.jpg

Newly painted sidestrips and new bullets! :)

DSCF1997.jpg

DSCF1998.jpg