ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SBV116's Renaultsport addiction, 172 cup content!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks for the offer but its not the same...

I'm feeling a bit emotional now...

Mondeo TDCI 130
Whats the difference with the breather plate for a 197? Only the carbon canister inlet not there?

Yes pal, but apparently thats on back order! So my original one has been modified with a grinder / demel and will be painted and refit! :) Saving a few quid!

Matt @ TDF will be mapping it eventually, when i am old and grey! :eek:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Crumbs missed some of the new additions....

b*****d ;)

I have a real soft spot for cups at the moment - I think they're ageing bloody well

Was great to see this yesterday, looking good. Hopefully next time I'm round it'll be finished. I much prefer my 182 debadged - clean the way to go imo, although 'clio' off as well, holes fillled, repainted. The 'sport' badges look a bit naff to me now as there are so many non-sports with them.

What's the plan going to be for the interior?

P.S. Did 250 odd miles yesterday after leaving your place, no warning lights - so fingers crossed it's sorted, job done.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Update time, had a good 2 nights on it this week, got plenty done, still bucket loads to do though! Let the pictures do the talking to start with!:p

Firstly, got a bit of VHT paint on the head face, before anyone says it yes it was all masked off etc before painting, nothing worse than paint in your holes!!

DSCF2068.jpg

Shiny stainless steel fixings arrived, courtesy of Jason @ Paul Chetwyn Supplies, Many thanks :)

DSCF2067.jpg

had to mount the vac for the brake servo, this involved drilling, no point in lying, i s**t myself doing thiis, not a good feeling, even after matt say's it's ok!:eek:

DSCF2072.jpg

Then gaz got more involved with the wiring, not a fan of this to be honest....

DSCF2070.jpg

eeeeeeeek :

DSCF2076.jpg

Bodies actually fully bolted up!

DSCF2074.jpg

Andy always goes mad at this little hole left in the cambelt cover....

DSCF2077.jpg

So, he made this little cover, that i painted and bolted on :

DSCF2080.jpg

Fuel rail all on and tight, it had a new injector because i broke one being heavy handed :(

DSCF2079.jpg

Coil pack and HT leads / breather plate fitted :

DSCF2082.jpg

Wiring loom into injector's, fue pipe connected etc :

DSCF2084.jpg

Slowly getting there...................

So after many hours wiring and scratching of heads, it ACTUALLY runs, ecu and wiring is just resting and very untidy at the minute, we had truble with the crank sensor, but once sorted it fired up easy, runs and idles.

Thought we had a TPS fault, but it seemed to improve once warm so think it may just need maping properly.

Still loads to do, firstly tape the looms up and mount the ECU's etc, but it's a milestone! :)

Big thanks to Andy@Birchdown, Gaz - Kev, he's my sidekick on this project, in charge of wiring aswell, and lastly Matt@TDF, i rang him so many times it's unreal, big thank you to him.

Got a fair bit to do, them book a mapping session eventually, got further than Ben R did in 18 months though........ cough cough.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Only just seen this. Doing a great job there chap. Was it crank sensor wires the wrong way around?

No, we had split them instead of piggybacking them, rookie error....... I was warned about getting them the right way, i believe from your thread you had that problem?!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Hellooooo!

Cup has had a bit of neglect really, got it running with the bodies, no where near perfectly, but i am hapy my wiring etc is correct, so when i get there Matt can do his magic at TDF ( probably bollock me for doing something wrong...........lol ).

Anyway, been on my tod tonight as my sidekick (gaz-kev) has gone to looooondon looking at lapdncers or something similiar.

Got on well i feel, engine oil and filter changed, genuine renault filter and Elf 5/40 oil.

Gearbox oil change, using valvoline gear oil.

Fit my N/S front coilover unit, track rod end, bottom arm, poly bush, caliper, pads, dosc and flexi hose.

Also replaced my PAS pressure switch as that was weeping :( More bloody expense!

Anyway, will let the pics do the talking, couple more good nights and i hope we will be gettitng there outside, then down to TDF eventually for mapping.

enjoy, or i hope! :)

Old disc off, skanky :
DSCF2086.jpg

Old track rod end, replaced this, but failed to take a pic of the new one cos im a goon:
DSCF2089.jpg

Somebody's idea of a well secured CV boot..........
DSCF2090.jpg

DSCF2093.jpg

CV boot grease :
DSCF2099.jpg

Proper job :
DSCF2098.jpg

Old and new together :
DSCF2094.jpg

Anti roll bar bush, poly.
DSCF2096.jpg

And fitted :
DSCF2102.jpg

Old and new together :
DSCF2103.jpg

in, with new strut top mountings:
DSCF2104.jpg

New disc, carrier on and DS2500 pads in :
DSCF2106.jpg

Caliper on, and braided hose :
DSCF2108.jpg

Said valvoline gear oil:
DSCF2110.jpg

With the ends unscrewed, you can actually get at the filter off pretty easily :
DSCF2111.jpg

Doesnt look like this has been changed for a while :
DSCF2112.jpg

New PAS pressure switch :
DSCF2113.jpg

and fitted :
DSCF2114.jpg

Front wheel on, first time in a long while.....:
DSCF2115.jpg

Hopefully do a bit more soon! :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Don't have any pics with me, but friday afternoon put the rear coilies on, rear braided lines, fit all the o/s front bushes , lower arm, track rod and coilover unit, bled all the brakes up, finally got a brake pedal, lol!! :) been driving around for months with no calipers on back and to from the workshop.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ah ha!

I'm back, good work king, i'll crack on with that loom this week

;)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Little bit more tonight,

Rmoved the MAP sensor plug and capped the wires, tidied the end of the loom up a bit.
DSCF2132.jpg

Wasn't touching, but put piece of rubber over the fuel pipe just in case..... better to be safe than sorry, tolerances were close!
DSCF2131.jpg

Fitted the uprated gearbox mount while the battery was out.
DSCF2133.jpg

ECU mounted, not going to put all the cover's etc on, only going to be a summer car / fun vehicle.
DSCF2134.jpg

Just a quick pic of the capped wires that are not used, using Wurth heatshrink with resin, warm and squeeze. tidies it up no end, and no moisture can get in! :)
DSCF2130.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looks nice and tidy. I do like your Rocker cover paint.

No doubt Fred will comment on the fact you have put one of your gearbox bolts on the wrong way!

Mondeo TDCI 130
^ lol, the front one is how they "should" be from factory, but due to the longer bolts, you can't do it with the rear, it hits things, as its hidden, i thought feck it!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Thursday night, did a bit more, fitted the inner arb bushes, dogbone bushes and heatshield behind the mani! :)

Fired an email to matt mithering with a few queries, sort a few niggles and trailer and i think it's ready for mapping! :)

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Didnt realise you had this little beauty on the go, will have to have a nose at it sometime.

Audi A3
just read through this entire thread.

looks superb, although youve slightly veered off the OEM route :cool:

makes me want to come back to your place and give you my hard earned just to work on it.

Great thread :) just read all of it really love the Restore your doing will like factory fresh Cliosport when its done with Chosen upgrades of course :D Love it!