ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratched black speedline tale of woe!

GW RS200
Lent my 200 to a family member today to give it a test drive for any hour, my only instruction being to look after the wheels. Comes back with a scuff on one (sob). Actually, can anyone recommend any company or service who could repair the silk black paint, preferably as a call out? I just want it back perfect again, it's only a week old!

Edit: It's admittedly only the size of a 5p, but a very shiny silver 5p in the middle of a pristine matt black wheel. I'm in Dunstable, Beds - should have mentioned that!!

Last edited:
  Barge
Unlucky. How did they do it? Damn those family members.

Chipsaway maybe? They'll arse rape you (probably) though. Especially if they come out to a workplace to do it, etc.

GW RS200
Urrgh, worse than I orginally thought - looked again and its a nice scrape across three spokes. On the plus side chipsaway are doing it for £50 tomorrow - hurrah :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Satin black. Done. I got a tin from Halfords to spray the centre caps, not a bad match tbh!

Barge
What, exactly, does that video show it protecting? Two mins in and I haven't seen them tw*t a kerb yet and come away scratch free.

LOL, I post and it comes after two mins. Typical.

GW RS200
Pretty impressive! Once you kerb it, you do of course end up with a cheese grater effect rim cover, which isnt ideal, but I am nitpicking a bit, better than the wheel itself I guess!