ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sean's BG 182 Track car

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Yes mate just put the passanger side wiper onto the middle bolt so it's the drivers side arm and it still sweeps the whole screen, need a slightly smaller wiper to be perfect I think 11" but I've not bothered yet not until I need a wiper but I don't drive my car on the road so it might do your head in if you do

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Yes mate just put the passanger side wiper onto the middle bolt so it's the drivers side arm and it still sweeps the whole screen, need a slightly smaller wiper to be perfect I think 11" but I've not bothered yet not until I need a wiper but I don't drive my car on the road so it might do your head in if you do

Won't bother me tbf haha. Doesn't the drivers side are have 2 stubs? Can't remember, trying to picture it lol

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Won't bother me tbf haha. Doesn't the drivers side are have 2 stubs? Can't remember, trying to picture it lol
Yeah the driver side has 2 so I put it on the one in the middle and angled it as it is and it does a full sweep, I can get a pic tomorrow night for you if u like mate. P.s. Just looked through your thread on here! What a weapon engine bay looks amazing

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Yeah the driver side has 2 so I put it on the one in the middle and angled it as it is and it does a full sweep, I can get a pic tomorrow night for you if u like mate. P.s. Just looked through your thread on here! What a weapon engine bay looks amazing

Ahh yeah just found a pic on my phone. Defo doing that haha.
Thanks mate, can't wait to use it. It's built to take abuse and its defo gunna be used hard lol

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Has absolutely no performance increase or weight saving mind but it looks cool so by my calculations if it looks race car it'll be faster any way

Should be able to cut abit and shave a bit of weight of the linkage and losing one wiper and blade. Every gram helps lol

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Feel like I've neglected the car of late! Can't wait to get it cleaned up ready for snett on the 27th!
image.jpeg

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Had my wheels powder coated in Audi nardo grey (shiny primer) I love them I think they look so much better than the pinky colour they were before I appreciate its not every ones cup of tea but there we are
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Well Snett was a bit of a crap day for me and the clio in the end. Going really well in the morning on my AD08r's and then decided to swap to my td's with the r888's on them and went out done about 5 quickish laps thinking they were up to temp so went harder on the 6th lap or what ever it was, through the bomb hole flat third, into fourth for corum didnt lift on turn in as I hadnt been, went straight on into the grass at a good 80/90mph heading straight for the wall I ripped up the handbrake and managed to turn and miss the tyres no damage to the car other than ripping the front bumper off so no one was hurt luckily 😂 oh and got a good ripping from my friends too lol!
But cable ties helped put the car back together and it was straight back out ( once i bashed the mudd off ) tyres were fine after that so not sure what i done whether it was the tyres not quite hot enough or i just cocked it right up lol

After lunch i stayed on the r888's and took a mate for a spin had a good few laps with a trophy ( not sure if the guy is on here ) and then my gearbox let go so had to roll as far as i could on the grass to keep out of every ones way, another red flag lol!

Not a great day for the car or my driving lol but was still fun and will be back soon once i get another box!
DSC_7888.JPG

DSC_7931.JPG

More pics to follow!

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Video i made showing my clio from various cars ( mates r32 GTR and mrs' focus ST ) as i didnt have the go pro on, not my mrs laughing at me being a field 😂

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
03180649ecc0274b9196a7f43bb87079.jpg

If only these were fitted before your off . [emoji12]

I had a similar off at Bedford and my front bumper saw the grass . Thank god for cable ties .

Haha yeah I might of made the corner with these on!

Yeah cable ties ftw mate if I had bolted it up as it should be I would of broke something lol

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
image.jpeg
Got a bit excited with the hammerite whilst the subframe was down and on the floor today, also painted my new box what I collected this morning and arb and hubs 😂🙈
image.jpeg
Just need the bushes to get here got a whole cars worth of powerflex black series bushes and get a clutch tomorrow and it'll be back together ready for a brands evening to try out the hubs! Can't wait!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing all those black series polybushes makes me so happy. How much was it all if you don't mind me asking? Mines all done bar the rear beam so would be interesting to know how much i've spent over time.

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Seeing all those black series polybushes makes me so happy. How much was it all if you don't mind me asking? Mines all done bar the rear beam so would be interesting to know how much i've spent over time.

I think a whole car comes in at around 300 ish plus postage mate, well overdue for my car lol

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Good couple of hours on the car this afternoon, black series buses on, subframe is ready to go back on.. When taking the broken box out we noticed the top of the sump is leaking so I'll sort that does any one know the the sump has a gasket or is just a sealer of sorts like some cars
image.jpeg

Teg
Can be done with subframe in place but I'd do it while subframes off if you can pal.. When I did mine I dropped the subframe a bit just to make life easier. While your buying a gasket I'd buy a handful of spare bolts too just incase.

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Not updated in a while but the car is nearly all back together just waiting on a new stud and nut kit and all fluids then it'll go for a set up and be driving!
Some pictures of what I've been up to ..
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So to summarise what I've done to it is - new gear box/clutch/drive shafts.
full powerflex black series bushes every bush on car changed.
changed all the rear beam and subframe captive shite whilst I was at it.
tarted up my whiteline arb with a cost of silver hammerite just whilst it was off and on the floor,
and fitted @NorthloopCup amazing looking roll centre correction hubs seriously can't wait to have a drive with them on!
Thanks for reading :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Not updated in a while but the car is nearly all back together just waiting on a new stud and nut kit and all fluids then it'll go for a set up and be driving!
Some pictures of what I've been up to ..View attachment 157193View attachment 157194View attachment 157195View attachment 157196View attachment 157197View attachment 157198View attachment 157199
So to summarise what I've done to it is - new gear box/clutch/drive shafts.
full powerflex black series bushes every bush on car changed.
changed all the rear beam and subframe captive shite whilst I was at it.
tarted up my whiteline arb with a cost of silver hammerite just whilst it was off and on the floor,
and fitted @NorthloopCup amazing looking roll centre correction hubs seriously can't wait to have a drive with them on!
Thanks for reading :smile:
And how easy were they to fit???? Lol!

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Been meaning to fit this into my dash for months finally got round to it, need to run a power lead and fit my smaller battery, I under stand I need a Longacre bulkhead through connector or something, not as simple as poking a wire through a gromit as I first anticipated lol
image.jpeg

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Step drill bit will sort the hole put :wink:

I'll have to give it a go!

Disaster tonight as I set about fitting my new stud and nut kit the front were fine but the rear 1 of the studs is just spinning so take it the thread is stuffed... Looks like I'll be ordering new discs Monday! Doh!
image.jpeg
Elite developments 90mm stud kit in black hopefully will look nice against the grey ultralaggeras!

It aint the discs that have the thread in it brudda, its part of the hub

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk