ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sell my dynamique for a astra sxi !

Golf TDI
im 17 and have owned my clio since september . It is on 03 clio that cost me £4000 and its a 1.2 . my friend who has just turned 21 is now selling his black 2000 reg vauxhall astra 1.8 sxi :) and it is really nice. tbh im already getting bored from the power of my car :dapprove: really want to buy his car off him and sell mine . insurance would be fairly high but..... :S he is selling it for £3000. my parents say im being silly lol i cant wait till im older !!!

i know how you feel with wanting a faster car, i was the same at your age! prob best sticking with the clio for now for insurance purpose! but have a look online and get some quotes to see how cheap you can get, two other things tho, tax price will go up and you will be visiting the petrol station a little more! work out if you can afford it before yo ugo for it! if you can, go for it!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I liek them, my mate has one and to be honest it isn't a whole lot faster than my 1.2 16v mate, I think the 0-60 book times are very exagerated slow wise in the clios, he pulls a few lengths to 60/70, after that pulls more ocnvincingly.

I know what you mean but why go from an 03 to a 2000 for no real reason, insurance wouldnt be much more, or wasn't for me when I looked at an SRI, but I'm glad I never swapped.

Golf TDI
I liek them, my mate has one and to be honest it isn't a whole lot faster than my 1.2 16v mate, I think the 0-60 book times are very exagerated slow wise in the clios, he pulls a few lengths to 60/70, after that pulls more ocnvincingly.

I know what you mean but why go from an 03 to a 2000 for no real reason, insurance wouldnt be much more, or wasn't for me when I looked at an SRI, but I'm glad I never swapped.

my girlfriend makes that exact point that il be going from a 03 to a 2000 !! i just feel like im gna turn my car into all show and NO go :(

Golf TDI
well i want to sort my head out and think in the long term what i want out of my car ! keep it as a run about and put it back to standard before it gets too much of a pain to put back and sell in a year or two or keep modifying and keep until im 21 !! which is 3 and a half years from now . because i dont pay the car off until 2011 lol

renault clio
im a 17 year old student and i can barely aford my 1.2 clio i wouldnt want a more pwerful car because financialy (yawn) it il cost a bomb.. but each to their own.....

Golf TDI
you insure all your mods in the end? What insurer you gone with?

tbh i havnt no :dapprove: i dont like saying it on here cos i know myself its stupid ! i feel vulnerable when out in my car cos if i have an accident :dead: but i think im going to wait for my renewal then i WILL definetly be chainging most probs to quinn direct because i didnt find any of the other company much good . ( quote wise )

Leon Cupra R 225
Astra's are mega yawn material imo. Unless it's a 200bhp + car your not going to have much fun. All imo of course!

Clio's fun factor + save for a cheap but mint 172 FTW!

www.renparts.co.uk
don't sell it. the astra is the most generic boring car on the road. You will bore of it quickly and the clio is much more modern and a much nicer place to be. Don't fit that foul exhaust of Haz's, especially if your not declaring your mods.