ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i mod my one month old cup

BMW 330d :)

Im split on whether to add sports exhaust, filter and maybe chip and manifold to my one month old cup. Should i do it or will any of the mods invalidate my warranty?

And i was looking for a web address for the official cup extras in the 172 cup brochure, like roll cage and racing seats?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fraser

As far as im aware there are no extras from renault but yes do the mods i have performance exhaust and filter and hopefully chipped soon and its been in for warranty work (new rear shock) and they said nothing.

Cheers cupcoil, i just want to blow away these porsches and ferraris at lights! Lmfao. Well it said in the official renault clio cup 172 brochure that i got from my local dealer that for track work etc etc they offer mods like fire extiguishers, roll cages, race pads etc. Just wondered if anyone had seen them on a renault site or anything.

Anyway cheers for the tips cupcoil, my clios done 1500 miles in under a month and its gettin quicker and quicker!

Fraser

I didnt know about the extras id deffo be interested in the seats. Mine has done nearly 5k now and it flies but apparently the engine doesnt loosen up fully untill over 10k Loads more to look forward too!!

Well iwill have to watch the tires on mine cos the other nite i had wheelspin in first, second and a bit in third!:confused:

But the seats would be brill as i think that they are set too high up. Also me being 6ft 7 doesnt help! LOL

Fraser

[Edited by Frasers Cup on 10 May 2004 at 6:00pm]

you big b*****d!!! he he mod it mate you wont regret it!!! had viper and exhaust on mine and they is a defo improvement plus better fuel economy..what the..........

Ph1 172

I wanna do all these mods on mine when I get it back but im worried about the insurance. How much will these mods effect it.

[Edited by Nathan H on 10 May 2004 at 8:23pm]

yup, mod it, hill power are doing some new bits, there doing a mod on the manifold at the moment that is like the 182s only he grinds more off, this gives you a good increase and he does it on a swop basis for about £190, then put the exhaust on and you got a 182 but with less weight, he also does performance filters,brakes,bilstein suspension,and hes going to be able to map your ecu soon specifically to your car, i got alot of stuff i have done and alot more im going to be doing also, be afraid, very afraid lol

Cheers for the advice. If im going to mod it ill go for official renault cup sports seats, exhaust, filter and maybe chip and manifold if i have the cash!

Fraser

[Edited by Frasers Cup on 13 May 2004 at 5:39pm]

172, Tiguan

The renault mods never appeared, they never happened!

You have to goto hillpower, k tec etc etc