ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim Rig

MY10 R35 GTR
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K 3.40GHz @ 4.50GHz Haswell CPU
- Motherboard:
Gigabyte Z87X-OC Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
Motherboard - Cooler: Alpenfohn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler
- RAM: 16GB DDR3 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 2tb Seagate barracuda
- Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 3072MB Graphics Card
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 HD Sound

3x 24" LCD monitors

Gigabyte force M9 mouse

Logitech solar keyboard

Thrustmaster T500RS wheel

Obutto R3volution rig. ( Waiting on the arms to be delivered so I can set up the triple screen ).

null_zps9b5f3890.jpg

null_zpsc146c7e3.jpg

null_zps3499a352.jpg

null_zps4dd12024.jpg

Haha! ^

This is going to be awesome, and finally someone who builds a nice spec PC and doesn't buy some random horrible component - they're all top notch!

Eagerly await more pics, I'd love to get a steering wheel + seat like this, but have no room :(.

Will the single 780 be enough for 3 monitors? Not sure what sim you are using.

MY10 R35 GTR
Iracing.

ive got the graphics set to full and capped at 100fps no probs. from what I've been reading the single card will be fine

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! ^

This is going to be awesome, and finally someone who builds a nice spec PC and doesn't buy some random horrible component - they're all top notch!

Eagerly await more pics, I'd love to get a steering wheel + seat like this, but have no room :(.

Will the single 780 be enough for 3 monitors? Not sure what sim you are using.

Should be. A GTX 690 runs F1 2013 in 5760x1200 absolutely fine :)

D.

MY10 R35 GTR
Rig with 3 monitor stand ( plus wee discount ) was £590.

T500rs was £400 bought couple of years back. Got a new custom wheel to replace the standard one.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Very nice, puts my Punto seat nailed to a kitchen unit with Fanatec bits to shame.

That's pretty smart. Perhaps not the smartest placement for the PC though? Drawing in warm air from over a radiator will surely elevate case temps?

That's pretty smart. Perhaps not the smartest placement for the PC though? Drawing in warm air from over a radiator will surely elevate case temps?

He could just wind down the window, but he may have changed it for some perspex.

On a serious note, looks awesome. Radiator shouldn't be too much of a problem.

MY10 R35 GTR
Yeah I'm sure it'll be fine, but personally I'd have the PC on the other side. Way more practical also.

Its there for space really. A0 chart board in the room aswell as a cross trainer. I can reach the power button from the seat, and the mouse and keyboard are wireless. Radiator is switched off so no issues with warm air.

Got a butt kicker 2 from ebay which I fitted today, defo adds somit different

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Love a good sim rig. First thing I'll be doing when I own a man cave.

S4 Avant
Looks nice and everything, and I'm sure it's epic fun... But I just couldn't sit there playing on it and have my girlfriend walk in seeing me like that.

MY10 R35 GTR
Looks nice and everything, and I'm sure it's epic fun... But I just couldn't sit there playing on it and have my girlfriend walk in seeing me like that.

The wife talked me into going for it, means she gets peace. Also she uses it

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
after going through all that trouble, he could ha at least wired up the dials and got them off the screen!

DCi
i use the ihud app for iracing...

that guy was married, maybe he has a creative way of trying to introduce his missus to dogging.

MY10 R35 GTR
Got that app aswell, just no linked it up with new rig.

Couple of pics of my new wheel

null_zps8c92efdb.jpg

null_zpscd859416.jpg

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
What's that dial he keeps messing with in video above?

Great set up too Jason

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing to keep the cockpit illuminated to the same level as it would be ingame, but you're right, I see little point in having the lights on.